iPhone is a series of smartphones devised and advertised by Apple Inc. They run on Apple’s iOS mobile operating structure. Apple announced the innovative iPhone in 2007, rapidly killing every other Smartphone in the world.
There are so many iPhone users across the globe who asks what iPhone do I have? Which means, they are not sure which version of iPhone they have. It is quite funny as to how people put across this question in the online platforms.
Here are some examples: which iPhone do I have, and there are some who ask what kind of iPhone do I have or what type of iPhone do I have. I also found a rather funny question recently “how to tell what iPhone I have”. Well as much as it sounds funny, there is an issue that needs to be addressed. In this article, I will help you know what version of iPhone you have.
At present, the iPhone is an unbeatable series of smartphones that has all technological advancements as compared to other phones. With the most influential technology and most intuitive operating system ever Apple launches its new edition of iPhone 6s.
It is a full changed version of the smartphone which will make a great impact on users’ minds. Nine years since its introduction the iPhone has changed and occupied the smartphone market.
The real sales of the iPhone at present have attributed to redesigning the smartphone business and serving to make Apple one of the most valued publicly traded companies. Nowadays nearly all recent smartphones have imitated the iPhone design of a slate format with a touchscreen interface.
Recently, the iPhone has started its new series of smartphones called iPhone SE. It will be pre-ordered from March 24, 2016. The prices are different for the 16GB and 64GB models. These models are yet to be explored by the buyers, and everyone is looking forward to the reviews on this new design.
What iPhone Do I Have?
Apple introduces a new model every year with the most powerful and updated operating system. But whenever you see an iPhone in someone’s hand you do not recognize the model quickly as all iPhones look similar in design.
You can make out the difference only when you explore it minutely. And moreover, if you also got your own iPhone as a gift from your dear ones, you definitely will have to think about what type of iPhone I have or which model.
This case will rise when you have limited knowledge of technical know-how. But don’t worry; you can easily make out which iPhone model you have after reading this article.
What model iPhone do I have?
For a technical advance and updated person, it is easy to distinguish the model of the iPhone by simply looking at it. But for a housewife who got iPhone as a gift, it’s difficult to make out which model she has. Let’s find out an easy way first for all those who want quick answers.
If you have your iPhone with you, just turn it back and look at the small writing on the lower side of it. The text will tell you the version of your iPhone by showing this embedded at the back saying Model (Along with some numbers). Below is the list of all models:
- A1864 (iPhone X)
- A1863 (iPhone 8)
- A1661 (iPhone 7)
- A1634 (iPhone 6S Plus)
- A1699 ( iPhone 6S Plus)
- A1687 (iPhone 6S Plus)
- A1700 ( iPhone 6S)
- A1688 ( iPhone 6S)
- A1549 ( iPhone 6)
- A1586 (iPhone 6)
- A1457 ( iPhone 5s)
- A1453 ( iPhone 5s)
- A1529 (iPhone 5c)
- A1428 (iPhone 5)
- A1530 (iPhone 5s)
- A1633 ( iPhone 6S)
- A1522 (iPhone 6 Plus)
- A1524 (iPhone 6 Plus)
- A1533 ( iPhone 5s)
- A1532 ( iPhone 5c)
- A1507 ( iPhone 5c)
- A1456 (iPhone 5c)
- A1429 ( iPhone 5)
- A1442 (iPhone 5)
- A1387(iPhone 4S)
- A1431( iPhone 4S)
The other way to find out your Model is to go through the specifications, date of launch, design and operating system. That will take time, but you will have full knowledge about your phone along with its unique features. If you just want to know the model by only looking at it, then the below content will help you through this journey:
- The original and the first model of the iPhone were easy to identify as it had gray/silver designs with a big black band at the bottommost side.
- iPhone 3G and 3GS have bowed plastic back, and only iPhone 3GS was available in white color.
- iPhone 4 and 4S have a glass made front and back sides. These models have a long silver band on the sides and it difficult to tell the variance between these two replicas until you don’t know the Model Number.
- iPhone 5 and 5S are also replicas, but there is a slight change as compare to iPhone 4/4S as this model had a bigger 4-inch presentation. 5S did not have a square on the Home Button as compared to iPhone 5 as it has the Touch identification impression instrument. 5S s available in Gold, Silver and Grey colors unlike model 5 which was available in Black and White only.
- iPhone 5 C is easy to recognize as it comes in bright colors and has a plastic and curved body.
- iPhone 6 and 6S are perfect replicas of each other, and both have a metal background and a variety of colors.
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus appear closely like iPhone 6, but the only difference is of the screen size. It has a 5.5-inch display screen that can fit six rows of representations on the Home Screen.
- iPhone SE has a 4-inch display screen. It has the aluminum body with a soft touch and matte slanting boundaries and the same color corresponding steel symbol of Apple at the back.
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus came up with an all-new design which was very much different when compared with 6 or 6S. There are no more horizontal antenna lines on the new iPhone 7 & 7 Plus. Moreover, the design of the iPhone 7 Plus is all new designs because it has a dual-camera setup. iPhone 7 Plus is the first-ever iPhone with the dual-camera setup. The screen size of the iPhone 7 Plus is also larger than the iPhone 7.
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus is very much similar to iPhone 7 & 7 Plus. The only difference lies in the back panel of the iPhone. The iPhone 8 & 8 Plus has a glass panel while iPhone 7 & 7 Plus has Aluminium back panel.
- iPhone X is the latest iPhone and it has the most beautiful design ever. Following the trend of bezeless design, iPhone X is a bezeless design. It looks like a glass window in the hand. To fix the front-facing camera and sensor, Apple gave the notch in the middle of the iPhone which looks a little weird because we are not used to seeing such notch in between the display. But all over, iPhone X is the most advanced and powerful smartphone.
After all the explanation on the iPhone prototypes, now you can easily make out which iPhone model you have or the iPhone model of your friend has. I hope I have answered the common question of how do I know which iPhone I have. The above feature will help you to know your model type quickly by only looking at it.
Another fast way is to type the model number (given at the backside of iPhone), on your computer and know which iPhone you possess. If you still want to go further to find out your model, then go for the detailed technical features or specifications of iPhones.
Hopefully, this article has helped answer the question, “What iPhone do I have?” for you! IF it has, do not forget to share this post on social media. And for any comments or queries, you can always leave a comment down below.
How to Unjailbreak Your Phone
Jailbreaking is one of the best possibilities for hackers to learn and own unbelievable software. So, it’s always tempting for any hacker on the planet to jailbreak an iPhone. But what happens if you take your phone to and see how to unjailbreak your phone. Android users can also experience the power of android by Rooting the android phone. Here is how to Root an Android Smartphone.
With the technology growing in leaps and bounds, people are keen on exploring all the aspects of innovation. There are enormous applications that will help you remove jailbreak software from an iPhone.
So, you have to understand how to unjailbreak, though it is also difficult. It’s rather not realistic to jailbreak everything because you have to understand that there are many life-saving features that will exist with a non-jailbreak version of iOS on the iPhone.
Whenever people want to take an iPhone for repair, they usually say that it is feasible to remove a jailbreak application, but in order to see whether we need to learn how to unjailbreak your phone or stay aware about the relevance of unjailbreaking your phone, it’s quite weird to ask someone if it is relevant to take the backup of the iPhone before taking it to the technician.
Apple, as a developer, is not interested and says it is unethical to unjailbreak at an Apple store – it’s a crime!
Making unethical changes into the iPhone inbuilt software will be violating the iPhone software license agreement.
So, it may be good to learn how to unjailbreak a phone, but to be very frank and honest it’s not advisable to do so. Also, remember that if your phone has undergone any unauthorized changes, then it’s sure that no Apple store will even touch it, even if it is under warranty period.
Though most of the Apple store employees do not take the offer so easily, the grey market is quite open towards it; rather you may bargain here to unjailbreak your iPhone.
Can Apple Detect If My iPhone Is Jailbroken?
The fact is that it is quite easy to jailbreak any iPhone. All you need to do is take the backup of your iPhone and reinstall the original iOS and restore the data backup.
The moment you remove the jailbreak from your iPhone does not break your head out by screaming how to undo jailbreak. After unjailbreaking, it will be the same fresh setup and a new phone and no one can even say whether if you used jailbreak software earlier. But make sure you have a backup of your data and iCloud is the safest place for the backup. Here is how to backup iPhone to iCloud.
Make sure that now you are completely aloof of your previous jailbreak software. Now, let’s take a quick tour of how to jailbreak applications from iPhone.
How to Unjailbreak a Phone – Explore the Grey Area
- You may use a USM cable to connect the iPhone to a Mac
- If you have a password on your handheld, then enter it to unlock the phone
- Now go to Settings>iCloud>Find my iPhone and put it on Off mode
- Punch in the Apple ID and password and turn it off
- Click on the devices icon in iTunes and select your iPhone
- Now check the system under the option Backup
- Click on Backup Now and Select Backup apps from Alert Window
Now your iPhone will be restored to its original software application. Now, you can download the latest version of iOS from Apple. However, it will take a while for the installation. After that, follow some simple steps to restore your iPhone from the back-up you took earlier.
In case you have jailbroken your iPhone and your vanilla land memories are nostalgic, then here is the way to unjailbreak your iPhone.
iOS 8.4 got released last month and after a few hours of its release, it got marketed to the public. It was a huge update like Apple music, which is Apple’s in-house music streaming application that is competing with Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, Rdio and many more in the already saturated market.
iOS 8.4 is one of the latest entries to the Apple family and it’s quite interesting to jailbreak it in its devices like iPads and iPhones. Today, numerous tools are available for Windows like PP jailbreak tool on Mac or TaiG jailbreak tool in Windows.
In case, after jailbreaking if the phone is not up to the mark and does not meet your expectations then at any point in time, you may easily go back and retain the old phone.
An application called CydiaImpactor allows you to stay on the previous version of iOS after unjailbreaking as it is will not compel you to go onto the latest version of iOS. This application is really effective when iOS 9 gets released as it is not jailbreakable initially.
Now let us peep into CydiaImpactor and the process it follows to unjailbreak the phone. It is very readily available. After you search and find it, you need to download and install it.
Once you install it, you have to go to option like Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone. The best part is that the application takes special care of your data, photo, and music in any case the unjailbreaking process goes wrong.
So, there is nothing to worry about; you can delete all data and then unjailbreak the device to go ahead with the process and Delete All to confirm.
With that simple guide for unjailbreaking, you can just sit back and relax as the easy application is so user-friendly that it can do the task for you. In order to do it, you need not be a techie; even a layman can easily do it.
So, it’s believed that in case you want to explore your iPhone and jailbreak or unjailbreak then you can conveniently do it by your own; there’s no need to burn money in the market to get it done but ensure that you see the demo twice and read the manual thrice before starting.
If you’re still doubtful or get stuck up somewhere in between, let us know about the issues you are facing in the comments section below. We’ll try to clarify your doubts.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes?
The iPhone is the flagship smartphone of Apple Inc. Defining style, tech-savvy and futuristic aesthetics, the iPhone is a major player in the smartphone revolution, with more than 15% of all smartphones worldwide being Apple iPhones.
Initially released in 2007 by the co-founder of Apple – Steve Jobs, the iPhone uses Apple’s patented iOS operating system. The latest iPhones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S work on version 9.2 of the iOS operating system. Any day, the iPhone is a status enhancer.
But sometimes, it really drops big in the performance aspect. Sometimes, it fails to connect and sometimes it just plain shuts down and doesn’t want to work again. For those of you having the problem, here’s our guide on how to fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes.
So, there are several ways to tackle this. We’ve decided to list this guide in order to ease solving the problem. So, without further ado, here’s how to remedy iPhone disabled connect to iTunes
- Outdated iTunes: The most commonly cited problem, it may come as a surprise that a lot of people use outdated versions of iTunes on their PCs and need to update them in order to sync with the newer versions of the iPhone.This is the primary reason for iPhone not showing up in iTunes. Also, if you have a fully updated version, try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.
- Malfunctioning iPhone Software: This is a really basic problem and is the most easily remedied. Simply restart your iPhone and reconnect it to the PC. It should detect now.
- iPhone Driver Not Installed/Corrupt/Outdated: If your iPhone isn’t connecting to the PC itself and you sometimes get a message like “USB device not recognized” or “iTunes was unable to find your device”, it may well be a problem with the driver in your PC. To correct this:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound>> Devices and Printers >> Unspecified. Here, look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
- Right-click the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and then select Properties from the menu drop-down list.
- Select the “Hardware” tab at the top of the Properties dialog box and click properties again (it’s located on the lower right-hand side)
- On the window that opens, under the “Driver” tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable. So, you need to select and click the “Change Settings” button located near the lower-left corner and allow yourself access.
- Now you can click the “Driver” tab menu near the top. Now, you can see the “Update Driver” button.
- Click “Update Driver”.
- Select and click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- For Windows, it should be located in the folder: C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers.
- Click Next and let the driver re-install.
- iTunes should open automatically if your iPhone is connected already.
If you’re using a Mac, however, this procedure is a little different:
- Hold down the options key.
- Click the Apple Menu.
- Choose System report/information
- Select USB from the list on the left
- Attempt to find your iPhone, iPad or iPod from the USB Device Tree; if you can’t find it, the driver has been corrupted and you need to Fix your OS X.
- iPhone Needs to Be Rolled Back to the Last Known Working Version: There are chances that your iPhone firmware is corrupt and it needs to be put in recovery mode. In this case, it’s best that you have a backup of your data on iCloud or iTunes. To do this:
- Update your iTunes: Start by updating your iTunes, if you didn’t already
- Disconnect your iPhone: Disconnect your iPhone from the USB port of the PC.
- Switch on iTunes: Switch on iTunes (duh!)
- Put your Phone on recovery mode: Hold the Home button and the power button down together for about 20 seconds and it should restart.
- Connect to the PC: Connect your iPhone to the PC while keeping the home button pressed
- Wait for iTunes to detect the iPhone: Wait for iTunes to detect the iPhone. A popup notification should display with the text “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery” or something similar.
- Go to the options menu and choose the recovery option: Go to the options menu and choose the recovery option you prefer. This includes restoring data or rolling back to a previously backed up point or to reset it to its base factory settings.
- If all else fails – hard reset: If all the above options don’t work, the last option you have before you is to take both your PC and iPhone to the Apple iStore to hard reset your phone. To do this, all you have to do is hold down the Home button and the wake/sleep button together for about 30 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Then just wait for it to boot and try connecting to your PC again.
- Last stand at the iStore – If all the attempts you’ve made have been futile, it’s time to retreat to the mother ship. Take your device to the iStore and get someone at the Genius Bar to solve your problem.
As a HUGE admirer of the Apple Franchise and a fan of the iPhone, I had a great time writing this article for you. If your iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone, then it’s a pretty distressful situation; so, I hope you were able to save it with ease and in time.
Also, FYI – these tips are applicable to most other Apple products like the iPod and iPad. The differences are minimal. iTunes is a really vital part of the Apple tech-ecosystem, so it’s only logical that different Apple products connect to it. So, if you have a problem with any of the other Apple wireless devices, this guide is applicable to them as well.
Share your views about troubleshooting this problem with our readers in the comments section below and help them get over how to fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
How to Fix iPhone Camera Not Working?
Apple Inc. is one of the most popular and highly ranked electronics and software manufacturers in the world today. Signifying style, grace, and elegance in all its products, the Apple electronic gadgets are seen by the user as unbeatable and a part of their own person.
Founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne on April 1, 1976, Apple Inc. was initially there to design, develop and sell personal computers, effectively creating the personal computer phenomenon, which we take for granted today.
But its achievements have reflected in its laurels as today it is the world’s number one information technology company by revenue and the largest company regarding total assets; it also happens to be the second-largest phone manufacturer in the world. Not just this, it’s also the first company to be valued at over $700 billion in the United States of America.
One of Apple Inc.’s most important ground-breaking products is without a doubt the iPhone. One of the first in the world, it is still regarded as the pinnacle of smartphone excellence. The first generation of the iPhone was released in 2007, with consequent models being released every year leading to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.
The iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones in the world, owning a 15% market share of all smartphones sold in the world and 31% in the United States, second only to Android.
Every time, a new iPhone launches, records are made in sales, revenue, and speed of sales. The craze behind Apple’s flagship smartphone makes it a status factor to those who own it and the envy of all those who don’t.
The iPhone also comes with the ability to integrate with iTunes. Giving you the ability to switch between iPhones without losing any data or setting options, this allows easy upgrading of phones as well as the ability to back up and restore any and all relevant data so that you can reset your phone when required without having to deal with the worry of losing data.
All iPhones use different versions of Apple Inc. patented iOS. There are nine generations of both the iPhone and the iOS, each coinciding with each other.
Right now, the most recent iPhone – the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6S running the iOS 9, iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2, pack the Apple A9 processor with a 1.85 GHz CPU and 2GB LPDDR4 DRAM giving it the ultimate performance and smooth interface we all know the iPhones and Apple Inc for.
Recently, however, with the launch of updates for the iOS, there have been several complaints about the iPhone camera not working, showing a blank screen and being unable to switch between front and back cameras.
The iPhone 6 has an 8 MP rear camera and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera, while the iPhone 6S has a 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front-facing camera.
How to Fix iPhone Camera Not Working
The iPhone’s camera is one of the most sophisticated cameras out there at the moment and is capable of capturing High Definition videos and pictures. It is used for several apps such as Facetime and Skype and for social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
So, if it stops working, it is definitely a sign of distress for the owner. Thankfully, we’ve been able to trace possible problems and issues that could be traced as the cause of this.
Common among the problems is the iPhone camera not focusing, front camera not working and the camera app is not initializing.
There are various issues that could cause this:
Firstly, it might be that you have camera restrictions turned on – to solve this problem:
- Navigate to the Settings screen
- Tap General
- Once the General tab opens, tap Restrictions
- Toggle the “Allow Camera” option to set the camera on.
- (optional) Tap “Disable Restrictions” to turn off all restrictions that might be imposed on your iPhone Camera function.
This is possibly the most basic of all the methods we are listing here. If you are facing a problem with running apps that use your iPhone camera, this is the first place to start checking.
Second, there could be a possibility of an initialization error that may affect camera performance. To fix this, restart the phone or reset the device by pressing the wake/sleep key and the home key together. This will restart your phone with a soft reset i.e. it will reset your phone but not delete any personal data.
This is the default option for any smartphone. Remember to back up your iPhone data in the iTunes before you do this so that you can restore anything that is deleted accidentally.
As a last resort, it may be that your iPhone has been corrupted and requires a hard reset. To do this:
- Backup all your data on iTunes
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap General
- In the opened General tab, tap Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- When prompted, tap “OK” to initiate the hard reset.
- Wait for your phone to reboot in its factory settings.
Your iPhone camera should now begin working properly. The hard reset is the kind of all reboots. It takes your phone back to the state, which it was in before you bought it. It resets all settings to factory defaults and erases all data. This is effectively the rebirth of your phone, so if this doesn’t fix the problem, not much else will.
If you are still facing problems, it may be a hardware issue. In this case, the best option is to take your iPhone to the nearest Apple Store or contact Apple Support.
We hope we were able to help you solve the issues you were having with your camera not working on iPhone and that you can now use it in all its High Definition glory. We had a lot of fun writing about iPhones, and if you like iPhones and Apple Inc. as much as us, you know why.
And with that we come to the end of our article on the iPhone camera not working and the various methods that you can try to fix it.
How to Turn On/Off My Flashlight?
The flashlight is a very important feature of the iPhone as it helps you to detect your lost things in the dark. It is also needed at times of capturing bright photos from your phone. It is a superb tool that’s easy to handle even if you are on the lock screen.
There is no disagreeing with it. We have all used the flash on our phone to jiggle off the restlessness (not to say fear) triggered by the dark atmosphere around us. If you are new to the feature, don’t worry about how to turn my flashlight on as it’s very easy.
The iPhone is the ultimate advanced merging device, impeccably linking handset, music player, and Internet communicator – all combined into one.
We should be thankful to the Control Center, and the LED flashes as a result of which, the iPhone is always a click away from being something more — a flashlight! From your pantry and room to car and workshop, your iPhone as a flashlight isn’t just expedient, but also a life-saver at times.
How to Turn My Flashlight On?
Don’t think how to turn on my flashlight. Here are the simple steps:
- Swipe up from the lowermost angle of your iPhone to raise Control Center.
- Click on the Flashlight key at the lowest left-hand side.
- Turn the LED flash at the back of your iPhone at whatsoever you want to look up to.
You can turn off the flash by repeating the same process.
On the other hand, it is somewhat a quicker way to turn the light off as it involves only a swift jab and no clicking. And that’s somewhat a quicker way is to swipe up on the camera control that’s on the lower side on the right-hand side of the lock screen.
You don’t need to dig all the way up and essentially launch the Camera app. You just need to jab up about midway and the flashlight goes off. At this point, you can leave it there and come back to the lock screen.
Even when the iPhone is not closed, you will find it simple to hold and press the Sleep/Wake key and hit on the camera sign to turn it off.
The benefit of using the built-in flashlight on the iPhone is that you can endure doing other things while the flashlight is on and also turn off the screen entirely to increase your visualization when it’s gloomy. At least, the iPhone app is not snooping on your personal info as other android flashlight apps do.
The above are the only two ways to help you out with on and off feature of the flashlight. iPhone doesn’t give access to third-party flashlight apps as it has its own built-in component of the flashlight, which is the safest means when compared to other apps available on Google Play Store.
There are thousands of applications available for smartphones. They do not seem to harm us anyhow until you don’t know the disadvantages of these apps running on your phone. While downloading a flashlight app, you don’t need to provide any personal information.
But these apps keep track of so many things on your phone. While installing, they ask for general permissions like to have access to your email, internet links, net permissions, videos, pics, call logs, text messages and your location and other necessary info from your phone.
There are many applications, which have authorization on nearly everything on your phone. You think the app is providing you light in the darkness, but despite that, it may be keeping a record of whatever you do. as per some companies, which ensure the safety of such apps.
They claim that flashlight apps are very much demanding in nature. One should always look through many safety measures before installing any such app.
Don’t get attracted by the advertisements and pop-up ads shown on the screen in the middle of something. The consequences of such apps are very dangerous as you allow hackers to enter your phone and steal data from it. For safety purposes, you should always go for trusted, best rated or paid apps.
These apps will cost you some money, but will not put your life in dangerous hands. It is better to spend on these trusted and safe apps. Do good research before downloading such flashlight apps on your smartphone.
There is nothing wrong with the Google Play Store flashlight apps, but there’s nothing wrong with bringing alertness to the people using smartphones other than iPhone. Everyone cannot bear the cost of the iPhone. If you face any such issue coming up with solid evidence, beware of such situations.
No one has entirely inspected all of these flashlight apps; hence, we can’t be sure about it stalking our personal information. Nevertheless, one has to find a safe way to protect their data from hackers. So, purchasing and downloading secure and most trusted apps is the only solution for us.
From the above article, it is clear how to off flashlight on the iPhone. In this article, we have also covered the risks faced by people who do not use the iPhone. It is because the iPhone has an inbuilt component of the flashlight, whereas other Android smartphones do not have this function. All the advantages are listed above.
In case you use third-party apps for flashlights, be careful and download and install only the most trusted and top-rated apps available on your app store.
Tackling the iPhone flashlight is the easiest way to click a bright picture and show you the way in the dark. In this way, Apple has kept its iPhone’s functionality as simple as one could imagine. No doubt other components of Apple devices are a little tough to deal with as compared to other Android devices.
We have covered all the technical as well as the general working of how to turn on the flashlight on the iPhone. The above article has very well explained all the possibilities of finding simple and easy techniques to operate the flashlight and how to switch it off when not required.
Hopefully, this article has now answered your question, “How can I turn my flashlight on?”
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
Have you recently bought an iPhone? Looking for a way to transfer all the contacts from your old Android to iPhone?
Then, you have just landed on the right spot. Here, you will be learning a handful of methods to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
For some methods, you need to have a Google account and an iCloud account. As an Android user, I am sure that you have a Google account. Start one iCloud account also.
Are you faced with the same dilemma I mentioned above? Then, it’s time to take action.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
We all know that the iPhone does not run on Android. Apple has its own mobile platform, iOS. So, transferring anything from Android to iPhone (let alone contacts) is not an easy row to hoe. And, to add the blow, iPhone lacks any direct way of sharing contacts.
That’s why I asked you to have an iCloud account. It will make things far easier.
I am giving you three methods to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Method One: Only Using Google Account
For this method, you don’t need any third-party apps or accounts. The only requirement is a Google account that you used to use on your old Android.
Step 1: Pick up your Android device. Then, go to Settings.
Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom until you see Google under Accounts. And, touch on the same.
Step 3: You will see all your Google account connected with the Android on the upcoming window. Tap on any of them (don’t forget which account you select).
Step 4: Now, you will get a long list of checkboxes like App data, Calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Drive, etc. Tap on the fourth one that is Contacts. Your Android will start syncing the contacts with Google.
Step 5: After the sync process gets over, move aside your oldie and take up your brand new iPhone ( the process is the same for old iPhone though).
Step 6: Go to Settings and scroll down to get ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’. Touch on it to move further.
Step 7: If you haven’t added your Google account there, just add it by choosing ‘Add Account.’
Step 8: Choose Google from the next list of services. And then, you will be asked to enter the login credentials. (Make sure that you type the very same email id, which is in synchronization with Google on your Android).
Step 9: Then the next window asks you to choose the items you want to sync with. Don’t forget to tick Contacts there. Tap Next.
Step 10: Wait some minutes to get it done. The time depends on how many contacts you have in your Android.
That’s all. You have done it.
Method 2: Using iCloud Account
Let’s assume that you don’t have a Google account (rare case). And, you want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. In such a case, you can follow this fairly simple process to get the thing done without using a Google account.
Here, we need the help of a PC or a Mac. And, make sure you have an iCloud account.
Step 1: Take your Android phone and go to contacts.
Step 2: Get options. There must be an additional options button or key. Use the same.
Step 3: You can see a menu list in which we need to choose, Export to Storage. (The options vary from phone to phone, but there is an Export option on every phone).
(If you don’t find one, you can select all contacts and just share it with the computer via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.)
Step 4: After exporting all the contacts, send the same to your computer.
Step 5: Go to iCloud.com and login to it with your computer. You will get a home screen like this (see the image).
Step 6: From there, go to Contacts (the second option).
Step 7: You can locate a gear  icon on the bottom left corner of the screen. Click on it to get additional options.
Step 8: Then, choose Import vCard. You will be asked to browse the vCard file here. Select those you have transferred to the PC.
Step 9: Now, the action will be on the iPhone. Go to Settings on your iPhone and scroll down to Mails, Contacts, and Calendar. Tap on it.
Step 10: Touch on iCloud (on top). And you will get a bunch of items to be synchronized. Make sure to choose Contacts from it.
That’s all. After doing all this, you need to be patient for a few minutes. Then, you can see all your Android contacts on the iPhone.
Method Three: Without Using The Internet
This is the easiest of all three. You don’t need an internet connection here. The only requirement is that your Android SIM card should fit for the iPhone (either micro or nano)
Check it out.
Step 1: Insert the SIM card into the Android phone and go to Contacts.
Step 2: Get additional options. You can see Move Contacts to SIM and Copy Contacts to SIM (or you see the option export to SIM). Choose any of them.
I recommend selecting the second. Why because the phone contacts on the Android will act as a backup in case the SIM gets defected.
Step 3: Remove the SIM and insert it on the iPhone. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then, tap Import SIM Contacts.
Hurray!! You now know a far way simple method to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Have You Done it?
I have given you three easy ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. The third method doesn’t need an internet connection too.
If you have any doubts about executing the above-given process, let me know it. I will be glad to solve the same. The comment form is waiting for you.
Do share this with your friends and followers on social media. Don’t forget to tag those who own an iPhone.
Enjoy your weekend and check another one of our iPhone articles in here!
Tech3 weeks ago
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
Computers4 days ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Mac2 weeks ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech3 weeks ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
iOS1 day ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Tech3 weeks ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tech3 weeks ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Windows5 days ago
How to check RAM type (DDR, DDR2 or DDR3) in Windows?