Imagine you are waiting for some important phone calls. You have cross-checked your iPhone to ensure the ringer is on, and the phone volume is turned on all the way up.
When you get a call, you miss it and later have this puzzled look on your face with the question iPhone not ringing? This must have been the case with many people out there who have an iPhone.
Sometimes, even my iPhone doesn’t ring, and I started finding out the reasons for why is my iPhone not ringing? So, we will discuss how to fix this issue.
How to Fix iPhone Not Ringing?
My friend inspired me to write this article when he said, “My iPhone won’t ring on all calls”, and he said he misses a lot of calls because of this. So, this article is for all those people who have similar questions.
There are a lot of people on various online platforms asking a very important question “why won’t my iPhone ring.” Well, there are a few reasons why an iPhone won’t ring. We will have a detailed discussion on the same and also see how to go about fixing this problem.
Apple is one of the pioneers in the smartphone business. It has earned its fame because of the quality of the products it manufactures. The iPhone sales have steadily increased over the years as each version has something to offer to its users.
This is one of the most user-friendly phones that one can have. The pricing is fairly high; however, it is almost impossible to find this kind of a quality product from any other competitor.
The kind of features iPhone offers is a top-class; if you can use at least some percentage of the features that iPhone has, you will thank the makers a hundred times for such a lovely phone.
If you are reading this article, you most likely know that for your iPhone to ring, the ring or silent switch, which is on the side of your iPhone, should be set to ring. If this switch is pulled upward towards the screen, it means your iPhone’s ringer is on.
If this switch is pushed down towards the back of the iPhone, it means your phone is on silent, and you will be able to see a small orange stripe next to the switch. You will also see a speaker icon on the iPhone screen when the switch is flipped.
If your iPhone is not making any sound at all, this article about what can be done when an iPhone ringer stops working will show you how to fix this issue. If you have already tried this, then here is why your iPhone is not ringing.
Follow these Steps to Solve the Issue with Your iPhone, Not Ringing
Here is the solution. First, turn off the ‘Do not disturb’ mode. Most often, the reason an iPhone does not ring for incoming calls is that the user accidentally might have turned on the feature “Do Not Disturb” in Settings.
As per Apple’s support article, ‘Do Not Disturb’ will silence the calls or any sort of notification and alerts.
How Can I Find Out If the “Do Not Disturb” Feature Is Turned On?
The simplest way to tell if ‘Do Not Disturb’ is turned on is to check the upper right-hand corner of the iPhone towards the left of the battery icon.
If Do Not Disturb is enabled, you will see a small moon-like icon there. If you would like to explore and deep dive into the ‘Do Not Disturb feature and set up an automatic schedule, then go to Settings –>Do Not Disturb; you will be able to see all the options available to you.
How to Turn Off the Do Not Disturb Feature?
After Apple released iOS 7, it has been quite easy to change the “Do Not Disturb” option as you like. Say you can turn it on or off as you want. Just swipe up from the bottom of the phone to see the command center. Now, you will see a moon-like icon; either tap it on/off and that is about it.
iPhoneRinger Not Working
There have been a lot of comments from users who have tried implementing all of the mentioned suggestions and whose iPhones are still not ringing.
If you have made it this far, then there is a good chance that you may most likely have some hardware problems. Most often, when gunk or liquid gets into one of the phone ports(like the headphone jack or the charging inlet), it stops ringing.
In such cases, you can take an antistatic brush and try to brush out the gunk from the headphone jack or the dock connector port. Antistatic brushes are quite useful for cleaning any sort of electronics; these are available on online stores for purchase.
If you are successful, the issue should be resolved by now. However, most often, the damage is already done. If something has shorted out inside your phone, the only solution is to take it to the local Apple Store or check out with the Apple support team for a solution.
You can also get the phone repaired. There are a lot of Apple service centers across the globe; it is best if you can get your phone serviced and sort out this issue.
Apple has one of the best service centers out there, and these kinds of issues are very rare. Most of the time, users themselves can fix the issues they have on their phones; a lot of solutions are available online.
There is, of course, Apple support, which provides solutions as well. I hope this article has provided solutions to the users whose iPhone stopped ringing due to some reason.
In most cases, if you try out the above-mentioned tips, the phone will start working normally. You can also try restarting your iPhone and see if that works as well.
How to Fix a Water Damaged iPhone?
Your heartbeat starts beating fast when you see that your expensive iPhone is dropped in water. At that time, what would you do? When your iPhone got wet, it should be treated as an emergency.
Any delay would cost you hundreds of dollars and surely you want to lose your hard-earned money.
In such a situation, your mind must be boggling with “how to fix a water damaged iPhone” without wasting time. You may spurt from being getting hurt if you are lucky enough to fix your iPhone on an immediate basis.
If you really want to avert any further harm to your water damage iPhone then this article will act as a guide to you that helps you out in case your iPhone fell in the water.
How to Fix a Water Damaged iPhone
#1. Turn off your iPhone
Without wasting any single second, take your iPhone out of the water and turn it off by pressing the button on the top of it until you see the power off the slide. Switch off your iPhone, if you see that your iPhone is already switched off then don’t try to turn it on.
Switching your iPhone off is the first and the foremost step to avoid any harmful water damage.
It could be crucial if you keep your iPhone switched off for some days after that event. Water is not that much harm to your iPhone as the electric short circuits that run the circuit board of your iPhone.
As you take out your iPhone from water, dry it off with a good soaking towel or another piece of cloth that has good water absorption capacity.
If you are thinking of drying your iPhone with a hairdryer then keep that idea out of your mind. The heat will damage the iPhone that you can’t repair beyond.
#2. Put your iPhone in Plastic Zipper Bag
As you soak your iPhone with a towel, take out a plastic zipper bag. Fill this bag with raw rice or silica gel packets. Now, put your iPhone in the bag with raw rice. Make sure it is fully submerged in the rice.
If rice or silica is not available to you at that moment then you can put the iPhone in a well-ventilated and dry place.
Make sure you have taken out the air from the zip bag before placing it in a dry place. You can also use a regular bag if you don’t have any access to the zipper bag. At that time, you surely don’t want to waste your time to go to the market in order to buy zipper bags or silica gel packets.
This homemade method is quick, easy and helps you out in case you dropped iPhone in water. Now keep your iPhone stay in the rice and zipper bag at least for 24 hours to 48 hours. In this way, your device should have dried up completely.
Water damaged iPhone possesses a great risk of damage if you try to turn it on.
#3. Check the Red Indicator
There is a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) in all iPhones. In case, when iPhone got wet and came in contact with the circuit board then this indicator is activated and glow bright red.
So when you take out your iPhone from rice then check the red indicator whether it glows red or not. If you see the white or silver color of the indicator, then there is no water damage to your iPhone. If it is blinking red, then you are out of luck and your iPhone is damaged with iPhone.
#4. Recover iPhone Data
In some cases, the iPhone can be saved from water damage. If you were fast enough to take out your iPhone from water, and by turning it off and dry it up by following steps said above, then you might not have to restore your iPhone.
When it comes to damaged iPhones and to recover you're lost data then there are many ways to bring data back to the iPhone via iTunes or iCloud.
Recover Data via iTunes
A water damaged iPhone can be fixed, and data can be restored if you have synced the iPhone with iTunes. Just connect it to iTunes and you will recover the last backup that you had made on iTunes.
Recover iPhone via iCloud
If your iPhone had iCloud backup enabled before dropping the iPhone in the water, then you can easily backup your lost data from iCloud. With iCloud, you can recover the data like notes, contacts, messages, photos, and calendars. All you need to click the restore button from iCloud backup.
There was a great risk of damage when you dropped iPhone in water that may lead to loss of your precious data. Therefore, backing up your data regularly is the best solution to keep iPhone data safe.
Now since iPhones are used by millions of people across the globe. iPhone is equipped with advanced technology with many advanced features.
It not only acts as a communication device but also as a camera, music player, personal computer, web browser and much more.
Actually, it is a small handy device which makes us on the go always. It is like a world to us. Be it water damage or any other damage, our world will stop there if any loss happens to the iPhone.
Therefore, it is always important to protect your electronic device from water or anything else that can cause great harm to it. Accidents can happen anytime; it does not matter how careful you are.
iPhone is aqua-phobic as Apple has not yet incorporated waterproofing methods even with its latest models like iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S.
I hope this article serve you the best answer to your question “how to fix a water damaged iPhone” immediately at home. At last, all I have to say that there is no ensured method for fixing water damaged iPhone, there are a couple of things you can do to give it the most obvious opportunity with regards to survival.
How to Turn off Location Services on iPhone?
Location services are one of the most used and popular features on the iPhone. A ton of apps run on the basis of location services. In other words, location services are really an integral part of a lot of iOs apps.
As the famous adage goes that to every coin there are two sides; i.e. a particular situation has both advantages and disadvantages; the same applies to the operation of location services too.
While turning off location services helps you to save a lot of battery life, on the other hand, it hampers the work of various core features such as Find My iPhone, Maps, etc.
Various apps that rely on GPS and location-specific data will cease to function in case you turn off the location services. However, despite the benefits, these location services eat up a lot of your battery and the feeling of being tracked consistently can be really annoying for some.
Thus, How to turn off location services is a question many people have drifted upon now and then.
So before we proceed with the way you can turn off location services, let’s take a look at few icons to understand it better:
Location Service Icons
There are different types of location service icons that you’ll see besides your apps. Take a look at what they imply:
- Purple icon: This icon will appear next to an item that has used your location recently; it is using your location frequently and actively.
- Gray icon: This icon will appear next to an item that has used your location within the last 24 hours, i.e. it might not be using your location now but had used it in the past.
- Hollow purple icon: This icon means that the application in question is using a geofence. It will notify you when you arrive at or leave these locations.
In case you see no icon at all then your location has not been at all recently.
How to Turn off Location Services
Take a look at how to turn location services off for various downloaded applications on your iPhone:
- Go to the menu page of your iPhone and open the Settings app and Tap Privacy.
- Click on Location Services.
- Now the moment you select location services, you can see all the location services you have access to. If you want to turn off Location Services for all apps, simply slide the Location Services tab to the off position.
- If you want to turn the toggles OFF for any specific app then simply scroll through the list and select the particular app for which you want to turn off my location Only the applications that actually need your location should ever be granted access. Basically, there are 3 options for you to choose from:
- Never- Location access is disallowed. No app can never access your location for any reason at all.
- Always- Access to your location will be available even when that particular app is in the background.
- While using the app- Access to your location is available only when that particular app or one of its features is visible on the screen.
- Once you have selected the particular app, switch the Allow Location Access setting to Never.
- Now, keeping on tapping each app individually and decide which apps you want to “allow” the Location access and which ones you want to disallow the access.
- The Location Services also gives you an explanation as to for what purpose the app is using your location data, for example: For Google, it shows that it uses your location to provide more relevant search results, updates and more. So, this explanation helps you to take a decision of allowing or disallowing access.
Disabling Location for System Services
We have discussed above that how to turn off location services for various applications in the iPhone. Now, take a look at how to turn off location services for various built-in features.
There are various in-built features in the iPhone that require location services to function. Turning off location for these services would hamper the functioning of these. You can access them via:
- Go to Settings. Click on the Privacy tab.
- Tap on Location Services. Scroll down to end and you will see System Services Tab. Click on it.
- The list of all the system services will open up.
Various system services include:
- Compass Calibration- If you use Google Maps more often, turning this feature on is essential to make your Google map search more accurate. It sets up your iPhone’s gyroscope to plot your location. Various other apps that need compass access to function will be hampered if this feature is turned off.
- Find my iPhone- If you want to Find my iPhone running, keep its location service running too. Find my iPhone helps to track your iPhone's location, in case it is lost or misplaced.
- HomeKit- If you use HomeKit, keep HomeKit location service turned on, otherwise just turn it off. HomeKit provides for home automation like if you want to turn off the light of your home, with HomeKit your iPhone will do it for you.
- Location-Based iAds- Apple needs your location in order to provide you with geographically relevant ads. However, it can be really annoying for some to be watched over all day long. If you don’t want any unnecessary tracking for advertising purposes, disable this feature.
- Setting time zone- It is preferred to leave this option On, as the clock and calendar use it. Your time zone will be instantly adjusted according to your geographic location if you keep this service on.
- Diagnostics & Usage- Apple keeps track of how you use your device so that they can make necessary improvements to make your experience more efficient. You can turn off this feature, as hard it is of any use.
- Status Bar icon- Whenever your location is being used, this status bar icon will emerge. It is advised to keep this feature on, as you will have an idea as to when and why your location is being tracked.
Prioritize the features you want to enable and disable the ones you don’t require. Turn on the status bar icon and keep a track of where and why your location is being used.
For whatever reasons, may it be battery drain or privacy concerns, use the above- given methods on How to turn off location services and enjoy the iPhone usability your way.
How to Forward Calls on iPhone?
In the current times, people have seen so many new features getting added up to smartphones. Each and every smartphone manufacturer is coming up with some surprisingly amazing features.
There was a time when people could only make or receive calls and send text messages when the mobile phone was introduced.
These days, you can do pretty much everything with a smartphone. There are so many network providers partnering up with the top smartphone manufacturers to give customers the best service possible.
A lot of people wish to know how to set up Verizon call forwarding on their iPhone. If you go to their website, you can see a title Verizon wireless call forwarding, which has all the details.
However, for the benefit of the readers, we will discuss how iPhone or Verizon call forwarding works. Let us first understand something about the iPhone.
Thousands or even millions of people love an iOS device despite its pricing because of its performance. iOS devices are highly user-friendly and really compact. It has an excellent user interface, and it is extremely responsive.
You can get an amazing gaming experience with an iOS device. It can be used for both personal as well as business purposes; there are some really useful business apps in the app store. iOS Device is, by all means, a perfect smartphone.
iOS Device comes with some interesting pre-installed apps for all the music lovers; the incredible quality of video and camera is something worth mentioning.
The data can be synced easily to your personal computer via iTunes, which is an exclusive tool to sync and back up your iOS devices.
By syncing your phone via iTunes, you can save all your important information like your contacts, some important apps and all the other data that is stored on your phone.
The device can either be synced using Wi-Fi or by using your phone’s mobile data; however, it is better to use Wi-Fi as the internet speed will be much higher.
iPhone is completely customizable, and this is one of the most interesting things about the Apple gadget. The apps can be moved, closed or even deleted without any problem.
The default settings can be completely changed as per your preference, and you can customize the phone exactly the way you want to. That is why Apple continues to remain a favorite choice among millions of people worldwide.
Some years ago, Apple came up with a feature called “Siri” in all the iPhone models starting from the version 4S. Siri is termed as an intelligent assistant that enables iPhone users to speak natural language voice commands for operating the mobile device and its apps.
This is an innovative piece of work that no other mobile manufacturer had managed to do before Apple. They are the best innovators as well.
How to Use Call Forwarding?
Apple has designed the iPhone in such a way that it has both the features i.e. call forwarding as well as call waiting.
Call forwarding helps when you expect to lose the network coverage on your phone and Call waiting is helpful when you are on a call and wouldn’t’ like to be interrupted.
How to Set up Call Forwarding?
Whenever you are in a place that does not have enough network coverage, then turning on call forwarding feature on your phone will really help. Here is how you do it
- First, go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding.
- Now you can turn on Call Forwarding by tapping the same.
- Key in the contact number to which you wish to divert all your incoming calls.
- Now you can go back to the Call Forwarding main screen.
Make sure you turn off this feature to start receiving calls on your phone. You have to ensure that there is proper network connectivity while turning this feature on.
The other popularly used feature is the Call Waiting feature; to turn this on, tap on the Call Waiting feature. You can turn it on or off as you wish.
Setting Up Verizon Call Forwarding on Your iPhone.
There have been a lot of times when people get confused about how to use certain features on their iPhones. Sometimes, people wonder how to do call forwarding if they are using a different network. Verizon Wireless lets its customers activate this feature without any difficulty.
Here is how you do the Verizon call forwarding (Verizon Wireless).
If you go to the Verizon Wireless website, you will know how to go about activating call forwarding on your phone. You will have to dial the number you wish to forward the callings using *72 as the prefix; you will then be able to forward the calls.
If you are not sure about it, you can go to the website and check out the instructions yourself. To cancel call forwarding, you can follow the same procedure of checking for the instructions given on the website.
If you have any queries regarding this, you can reach out to the customer support, and they will help you out.
In case you want to activate the feature or cancel the same and you do not have internet access on your phone, you can call the customer care of Verizon Wireless, and they will help you out with what needs to be done.
Though there are a lot of network providers out there trying to offer the best service possible, more often people find that they have a network issue on their phone while they travel.
The call forwarding feature is extremely essential, especially if you are in business. It is important not to miss any call.
Thanks to technology, we are now able to use all these facilities, which was once only a dream. I hope it is now clear about how to use call forwarding in iPhone and also activate the same on Verizon.
If you’ve any queries, drop them in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you with the solutions.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone?
Apple pay is Apple's mobile payment service. In simpler words with Apple Pay, you can make payments via iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and all the latest versions.
Apple Watch owners can make payments using NFC chip built into their devices. It made its debut on 20 October 2014.
Since the day it has been launched, it has been growing at a spectacular rate. The ease and convenience that it offers are simply unmatchable.
And with all this hype around this amazing feature, a lot of iPhone users have been going gaga about how to use apple pay.
With Apple Pay, it has become much easier for you to pay for your purchases, both physical and online. All you have to do is pay for all those goods and services you have bought from the retail stores or the apparel you shopped from your favorite clothing store via your Apple iPhone.
With Apple Pay, the security of the card is given the main preference. Apple creates a “device-only account number” to operate Apple Pay. It doesn’t store your credit or debit card number and does not even give the number to companies or traders. It is known as Tokenization.
Apple Pay is presently only available in the US, UK, China, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, and Spain. However, they are expanding and soon it will be available in other countries as well.
Let’s take a deeper look at what Apple Pay is all about and How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone:
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone
For all those purchases through Apple Pay, all you have to do is Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. Once done, with just a touch of the Home button and a scan of your fingerprint, all your purchases can be made.
Before we proceed with the method, make sure to comply with the following needs in advance:
- You should have an iCloud account.
- Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above.
- You need to have a credit or debit card from any bank that supports Apple Pay. However, Apple Pay currently works with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- A Touch ID is compulsory. So make sure your fingerprint is registered with the Touch ID feature. Even though the iPhone 5S has Touch ID, it doesn’t support Apple Pay.
- You should have iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. However, for in-app purchases, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 can work. Apple Pay also works with Apple Watch. Basically, all those devices which contain NFC Controller support Apple Pay.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone by Adding Card
Now, you need to synchronize your debit or credit card with Apple Pay to initiate purchases via Apple Pay. Take a look at the steps:
- Tap on the Wallet app from your Home screen.
- On the extreme right- hand corner, you can see a + button, tap on it.
- The Apple Pay screen will open up. Click on the Next button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Here, you can either manually input your card details or take a photo of the front of the card, i.e. scan your card details.
- After this, click on Next on the Card Details screen.
- You need to manually enter your card information. It will ask for your card's expiration date and the security code. To proceed further, click Next.
- You can view all the terms and conditions and tap Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree again for final confirmation.
- Select your verification method, i.e. either via an email, text, or call and tap next to continue.
- Click on the Enter Code and now enter the verification code that has been sent to you. Click on Next.
- Every bank has a different procedure when it comes to the authorization of the added card. In case your bank or issuer asks for more information, you need to provide the same.
- As soon as your bank verifies your card, Apple Pay will start functioning. Tap Done to finish.
You can add up to eight cards on any device. Follow the same process to add more cards. So, next time you shop, just hold your iPhone near a contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
The wallet will be launched automatically. Your fingerprint and a small beep or vibration will confirm that you made the payment correctly.
Note- In case you experience any hindrance while adding your card, the only solution is to re-enter all the information again.
Removing a Card
It may happen that due to certain reasons you would like to remove your card. Removing a credit or debit card is comparatively simpler than adding it. Take a look at the steps:
- Launch the Wallet app from your Home Screen.
- Select the credit card that you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the option “Remove Card” and tap on it.
And you are done! The card will no longer be available or authorized to be used with Apple Pay on your iPhone. However, if the same card is synced with other Apple devices, you need to remove them manually on each of them.
Precisely speaking, Apple Pay is more or less like Paytm. Though, it may seem to be a difficult process initially, but is a venture that is completely worth it. Apple Pay anyway is more secure and convenient than a traditional card-based transaction.
Usually what you do is while making a payment by card, swipe your card, then wait for few seconds to receive authorization and when the transaction gets cleared, the shopkeeper hands over the receipt and you walk out of the store with the stuff bought.
But in actual, if we look at the backend management before your receipt gets printed, the things aren’t that straightforward.
Apple pay simplifies this task on both the entities, i.e. consumer and the company. Moreover, Apple Pay helps to reduce the associated costs to the issuing bank.
No more digging through the wallet to find credit or debit cards. With How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone, just install Apple Pay and enjoy shopping like never before!
How to Turn off Voice Control on your iPhone?
Siri is much more than Apple's virtual digital assistant. Not only, it responses to your questions with the best possible information or answers but it even helps to organize your life to a large extent. Then, there’s another side of the coin too.
From failures of understanding to difficulty with accents to annoying interrupting requests, a lot of users get annoyed with Siri. How to turn off voice over is the most frequently asked question by Apple users in such a situation.
The Voice Control framework was initially presented in iOs 3.2 on the iPhone 3GS. With time and new models, it has been superseded by Siri, a more adaptable framework that uses Apple's servers for voice handling, yet Voice Control is still in wide utilize and has its own focal points.
Voice calling seems good if you are the one who calls out a contact from your address book, but then turning off Siri has its own benefits. Apple iPhone users have always complained about the battery life of the iPhone.
So, turning off Siri prevents the battery drainage. Secondly, it prevents unnecessary actions, like sending a text that you didn’t intend to do.
In case you are having problems with the iPhone inadvertently while dialing phone numbers through Voice Control, you can deactivate the Voice Dial feature on iPhone. Let’s take a look at the ways via which you can turn off voice command Siri:
Turn off Siri's Voice to Text Only
Siri speaking can be distracting at times, or it may not always be feasible to speak to Siri. You may be in a formal meeting or at a place where you cannot converse via speaking to Siri.
In that case, resorting to text is the best option available. Take a look at how do you turn off voice control so its text only:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and tap on Voice Feedback.
- In the resulting window, select Handsfree Only.
Everything remains the same, it’s just that whenever you ask a question, you'll get the same response as always, but only as text and without Siri's voice.
Note- Don’t start the conversation by saying “Hey Siri”, as in that case, Siri will respond by speaking. Rather initiate by double-pressing the Home button.
Disable “Hey Siri”
Apple’s personal digital assistant service, Siri works by voice alone and without the need to touch your device, in case the “Hey Siri” option is enabled.
In the older versions of iOS, all iPhone, and iPad owners can use Hey Siri only when their devices are plugged into a power connection, and those with the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, etc. can use Hey Siri at any time, even when not plugged in.
Now in case, you are annoyed by Hey Siri requests or for whatever reasons if you want to disable Siri, you can do it via:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri.
- You will see an option Hey Siri, which is enabled by default.
- Just tap on it and turn it off.
- Save the changes and you are done!
Note- For the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, turning off Hey Siri disables the voice-only activation of the feature. Now you need to operate Siri manually.
How to Turn off Voice Over
Voiceover is a function and not an app. You can use Voiceover in most of the iOS apps like Safari, Text messaging and email, etc. By default, this option is disabled on your iPhone and iPad. Now in case you have enabled this option and want to disable it now, take a look at the steps to disable voice control:
- Go to Settings App.
- Choose General.
- Tap Accessibility and select Voiceover.
- Double-tap the Voiceover slider to turn it off.
And you are done! However, there is one easier way to do this. Take a look at how to turn off voiceover:
- Just simply tap the Home button three times.
- You will hear the “Voiceover off” audio message then it will be turned off.
But many people have reported that this method doesn’t work on their iOs. So, in such a case resort to Method 1 and turn off it manually via the Settings app.
Turn off Siri via Settings
There is no denying that Siri is one of the most useful features in the Apple iPhone. But still for whatever reasons, if you want to turn it off, take a look at the process of how to disable voice control:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click on “General.”
- There you will see an option “Siri.” Tap on it.
- Simply turn the switch “OFF.”
- A box pops up. Confirm that you want to disable Siri.
- And that’s it! You are done.
Disable Voice Control via Passcode
You can deactivate voice control by setting a lock screen passcode and disabling voice dialing. Take a look at the steps on how to turn voice control off:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the iPhone.
- Scroll down to the option “Passcode Lock.” Switch on the Passcode Lock.
- The passcode screen will appear. Type a four-digit passcode in the Passcode fields.
- Now, slide the “Voice Dial” switch to the “Off” position.
Voice Control is now disabled when the phone is locked, and voice dialing is disabled, too. In crux, this will still allow Voice Control to be activated, but will not inadvertently dial any phone numbers.
It completely depends on the usage and preference. While some find the feature of voice control useful, others find this as a hindrance.
Voice Control can be incredible until it begins pocket dialing your contacts while you're strolling. For all those, who find this feature annoying can follow these simple steps listed above on how to turn off voice over.
However, the voice control feature is integrated into the iOs and cannot be disabled in the phone preferences. You can, however, deactivate voice control and enjoy the uninterrupted usage of your iPhone.
How to Ask for Someone’s Phone Number Officially on Facebook?
How to Fix Dns Server Not Responding?
How to Change the Primary Gmail Account of an Android Device?
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tech2 years ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Tech2 years ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Computers3 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Mac2 years ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tech2 years ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Find New Movies On Netflix
Mac1 year ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?