How to get iMessage for Windows? That's the question that's bothering you is it not? Well it won't anymore, because by the end of this article you'll have a definite solution to the problem, and it's absolutely free.
Now messaging was always “easy”, be it SMS, Whatsapp or now iMessage, the only thing that keeps on changing is the simplicity. Considering the growth this industry is taking to, how could Apple not develop it's own messaging platform, so they did.
ofcourse I'll be showing you how to get iMessege on PC, but before that let's get into some basics.
What is iMessage:-
As the “i” in the name might have already suggested, it's an Apple product. And the Message part is clear enough, it lets you message your pals. End of story.
It's basically just Apple's version of WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, ofcourse with quite a number of different features, but the basic goal and functionality remains same, letting you message with your buddies.
Basic features you get with iMessage:-
- Free Text Messages:- That's the whole point, right? To let you send free messages.
- Unlimited :- No limit on how many texts you can send.
- Delivery Reports:- I'd say there's nothing unique here, you get these with Facebook's messenger as well as Whatsapp.
- Group Texts:- Again a basic feature, you can group-text your buddies at the same time.
- Media:- You do get to send photos and videos too.
So you might be asking, what's the difference between iMessage and SMS, well the very basic difference is that it uses your mobile data or wifi to send and recieve messages and not the account balance.
And secondly, the messages sent over iMessage are encrypted while the SMS/MMS we generally send over SMS aren't as secure.
Now Apple has always been about class and exclusiveness, right? So I thought to bridge the gap, why shouldn't we get iMessage for Windows, huh?
How to Get iMessage For Windows?
Apple hasn't released an official version of iMessage for Windows, and it probably never will. But there are always tweaks and tips you can follow and get iMessage for Windows.
Also know this, using iMessage on Windows isn't illegal (It's not ethical maybe, but definitely not illegal). So feel free to continue.
In order to use iMessage for Windows, you'd need a third-party iOS emulator for your Windows PC. So go on and download iPedian.
What's an Emulator?
An Emulator is a third-party software, iPedian in our case which creates the virtual envioronment of a second operating system on your native system, that enables us to run any application built for this second operating system because technically it does run in the system it's built for.
That's the reason it's not illegal. Because once you download iPedian, you'd get the virtual envioronment of iOS on your windows system, so you're actually running iMessage on iOS and not windows hence no crime committed.
Basic Question:- Will you loose your Windows Installation once you install iPedian?
Nope you won't. It's just a windows simulator for iOS. Meaning your system would start to look and feel like a Mac but it won't actually delete or change your operating system. The basic functions would still remain same. It's like installing a new theme to your android devices.
So once you've download iPedian, install it. (it's simple, just like installing any other Windows software or game.)
Once that's done,you'll get a search bar just run the app and search for iMessage in the search bar.
Once you find the app just download it as a normal application. What's happening is iMessage things it's on a native iOS device and not on a windows device so it won't give you any problems.
So once you've downloaded it, you'll get the icon on your desktop (which now looks like MAC!) Just click on it to run it.
Done!~ Here's an outline of the process on how to get iMessage for Windows.
Download iPedian > Search for iMessage > Download & Install.
Location Sharing with iMessage:-
The one feature I absolutely love about iMessage is “location sharing”. Basically if you're holding a party somewhere, it's so 1960 to text every friend the address manually, is it not?
That's where iMessage gives you an edge. You can directly share your location with your friends without typing a single word. So you just reach where you have to, and then share your location with your friends and they'll know exactly where to be.
See? You can share it indefinitely with them, meaning they can keep tracking your current location as long as you want, just like it happens in hacker movies, just without the hacking part!
So that was all I had folks on How to Use iMessage on a Windows PC. I'm sure this piece should've helped you out with the problem. Do let me know if you're facing any problem with iPedian or the installation in the commentbx.
Also do let me know if you've other solutions to the problem, if they're simpler than this I'd love to update this article. And well you can also use iPedian to download and use any other iOS app on your Windows PC using the same procedure. As long as you've iPedian, you can turn your normal laptop into a full fledged MAC, which I'd say is a good enough solution.
So if this piece helped, I'd seriously appreciate you sharing this around, researching and writing these articles take time, all that keeps us going is your feedback and interactions.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone?
Apple pay is Apple's mobile payment service. In simpler words with Apple Pay, you can make payments via iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and all the latest versions.
Apple Watch owners can make payments using NFC chip built into their devices. It made its debut on 20 October 2014.
Since the day it has been launched, it has been growing at a spectacular rate. The ease and convenience that it offers are simply unmatchable.
And with all this hype around this amazing feature, a lot of iPhone users have been going gaga about how to use apple pay.
With Apple Pay, it has become much easier for you to pay for your purchases, both physical and online. All you have to do is pay for all those goods and services you have bought from the retail stores or the apparel you shopped from your favorite clothing store via your Apple iPhone.
With Apple Pay, the security of the card is given the main preference. Apple creates a “device-only account number” to operate Apple Pay. It doesn’t store your credit or debit card number and does not even give the number to companies or traders. It is known as Tokenization.
Apple Pay is presently only available in the US, UK, China, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, and Spain. However, they are expanding and soon it will be available in other countries as well.
Let’s take a deeper look at what Apple Pay is all about and How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone:
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone
For all those purchases through Apple Pay, all you have to do is Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. Once done, with just a touch of the Home button and a scan of your fingerprint, all your purchases can be made.
Before we proceed with the method, make sure to comply with the following needs in advance:
- You should have an iCloud account.
- Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above.
- You need to have a credit or debit card from any bank that supports Apple Pay. However, Apple Pay currently works with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- A Touch ID is compulsory. So make sure your fingerprint is registered with the Touch ID feature. Even though the iPhone 5S has Touch ID, it doesn’t support Apple Pay.
- You should have iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. However, for in-app purchases, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 can work. Apple Pay also works with Apple Watch. Basically, all those devices which contain NFC Controller support Apple Pay.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone by Adding Card
Now, you need to synchronize your debit or credit card with Apple Pay to initiate purchases via Apple Pay. Take a look at the steps:
- Tap on the Wallet app from your Home screen.
- On the extreme right- hand corner, you can see a + button, tap on it.
- The Apple Pay screen will open up. Click on the Next button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Here, you can either manually input your card details or take a photo of the front of the card, i.e. scan your card details.
- After this, click on Next on the Card Details screen.
- You need to manually enter your card information. It will ask for your card's expiration date and the security code. To proceed further, click Next.
- You can view all the terms and conditions and tap Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree again for final confirmation.
- Select your verification method, i.e. either via an email, text, or call and tap next to continue.
- Click on the Enter Code and now enter the verification code that has been sent to you. Click on Next.
- Every bank has a different procedure when it comes to the authorization of the added card. In case your bank or issuer asks for more information, you need to provide the same.
- As soon as your bank verifies your card, Apple Pay will start functioning. Tap Done to finish.
You can add up to eight cards on any device. Follow the same process to add more cards. So, next time you shop, just hold your iPhone near a contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
The wallet will be launched automatically. Your fingerprint and a small beep or vibration will confirm that you made the payment correctly.
Note- In case you experience any hindrance while adding your card, the only solution is to re-enter all the information again.
Removing a Card
It may happen that due to certain reasons you would like to remove your card. Removing a credit or debit card is comparatively simpler than adding it. Take a look at the steps:
- Launch the Wallet app from your Home Screen.
- Select the credit card that you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the option “Remove Card” and tap on it.
And you are done! The card will no longer be available or authorized to be used with Apple Pay on your iPhone. However, if the same card is synced with other Apple devices, you need to remove them manually on each of them.
Precisely speaking, Apple Pay is more or less like Paytm. Though, it may seem to be a difficult process initially, but is a venture that is completely worth it. Apple Pay anyway is more secure and convenient than a traditional card-based transaction.
Usually what you do is while making a payment by card, swipe your card, then wait for few seconds to receive authorization and when the transaction gets cleared, the shopkeeper hands over the receipt and you walk out of the store with the stuff bought.
But in actual, if we look at the backend management before your receipt gets printed, the things aren’t that straightforward.
Apple pay simplifies this task on both the entities, i.e. consumer and the company. Moreover, Apple Pay helps to reduce the associated costs to the issuing bank.
No more digging through the wallet to find credit or debit cards. With How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone, just install Apple Pay and enjoy shopping like never before!
How to Turn off Voice Control on your iPhone?
Siri is much more than Apple's virtual digital assistant. Not only, it responses to your questions with the best possible information or answers but it even helps to organize your life to a large extent. Then, there’s another side of the coin too.
From failures of understanding to difficulty with accents to annoying interrupting requests, a lot of users get annoyed with Siri. How to turn off voice over is the most frequently asked question by Apple users in such a situation.
The Voice Control framework was initially presented in iOs 3.2 on the iPhone 3GS. With time and new models, it has been superseded by Siri, a more adaptable framework that uses Apple's servers for voice handling, yet Voice Control is still in wide utilize and has its own focal points.
Voice calling seems good if you are the one who calls out a contact from your address book, but then turning off Siri has its own benefits. Apple iPhone users have always complained about the battery life of the iPhone.
So, turning off Siri prevents the battery drainage. Secondly, it prevents unnecessary actions, like sending a text that you didn’t intend to do.
In case you are having problems with the iPhone inadvertently while dialing phone numbers through Voice Control, you can deactivate the Voice Dial feature on iPhone. Let’s take a look at the ways via which you can turn off voice command Siri:
Turn off Siri's Voice to Text Only
Siri speaking can be distracting at times, or it may not always be feasible to speak to Siri. You may be in a formal meeting or at a place where you cannot converse via speaking to Siri.
In that case, resorting to text is the best option available. Take a look at how do you turn off voice control so its text only:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and tap on Voice Feedback.
- In the resulting window, select Handsfree Only.
Everything remains the same, it’s just that whenever you ask a question, you'll get the same response as always, but only as text and without Siri's voice.
Note- Don’t start the conversation by saying “Hey Siri”, as in that case, Siri will respond by speaking. Rather initiate by double-pressing the Home button.
Disable “Hey Siri”
Apple’s personal digital assistant service, Siri works by voice alone and without the need to touch your device, in case the “Hey Siri” option is enabled.
In the older versions of iOS, all iPhone, and iPad owners can use Hey Siri only when their devices are plugged into a power connection, and those with the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, etc. can use Hey Siri at any time, even when not plugged in.
Now in case, you are annoyed by Hey Siri requests or for whatever reasons if you want to disable Siri, you can do it via:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri.
- You will see an option Hey Siri, which is enabled by default.
- Just tap on it and turn it off.
- Save the changes and you are done!
Note- For the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, turning off Hey Siri disables the voice-only activation of the feature. Now you need to operate Siri manually.
How to Turn off Voice Over
Voiceover is a function and not an app. You can use Voiceover in most of the iOS apps like Safari, Text messaging and email, etc. By default, this option is disabled on your iPhone and iPad. Now in case you have enabled this option and want to disable it now, take a look at the steps to disable voice control:
- Go to Settings App.
- Choose General.
- Tap Accessibility and select Voiceover.
- Double-tap the Voiceover slider to turn it off.
And you are done! However, there is one easier way to do this. Take a look at how to turn off voiceover:
- Just simply tap the Home button three times.
- You will hear the “Voiceover off” audio message then it will be turned off.
But many people have reported that this method doesn’t work on their iOs. So, in such a case resort to Method 1 and turn off it manually via the Settings app.
Turn off Siri via Settings
There is no denying that Siri is one of the most useful features in the Apple iPhone. But still for whatever reasons, if you want to turn it off, take a look at the process of how to disable voice control:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click on “General.”
- There you will see an option “Siri.” Tap on it.
- Simply turn the switch “OFF.”
- A box pops up. Confirm that you want to disable Siri.
- And that’s it! You are done.
Disable Voice Control via Passcode
You can deactivate voice control by setting a lock screen passcode and disabling voice dialing. Take a look at the steps on how to turn voice control off:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the iPhone.
- Scroll down to the option “Passcode Lock.” Switch on the Passcode Lock.
- The passcode screen will appear. Type a four-digit passcode in the Passcode fields.
- Now, slide the “Voice Dial” switch to the “Off” position.
Voice Control is now disabled when the phone is locked, and voice dialing is disabled, too. In crux, this will still allow Voice Control to be activated, but will not inadvertently dial any phone numbers.
It completely depends on the usage and preference. While some find the feature of voice control useful, others find this as a hindrance.
Voice Control can be incredible until it begins pocket dialing your contacts while you're strolling. For all those, who find this feature annoying can follow these simple steps listed above on how to turn off voice over.
However, the voice control feature is integrated into the iOs and cannot be disabled in the phone preferences. You can, however, deactivate voice control and enjoy the uninterrupted usage of your iPhone.
How to Redeem iTunes Gift Card?
With the use of the camera on iPhone, iPad Touch, iPad, or Mac, you can redeem iTunes gift cards in the iTunes store, App store or book store. The procedure for how to redeem iTunes gift card is mentioned below.
Before you redeem iTunes gift card on iPhone, make sure you are in a well-lit room and have an internet connection. Only iTunes gift cards having a focus box about the redemption code can be redeemed with the usage of a camera. The steps for how to redeem iTunes gift card with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch are given below.
- Go to iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks. At the bottom of the screen in iBooks, tap the Featured tab.
- Tap redeem by scrolling to the bottom of the store.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- You can redeem your code manually too. Now, select ‘use camera’.
- Scratch off the label behind your iTunes Gift Card.
- The back of the card must be held to the camera so that the camera can read and redeem the code. Your iTunes Store balance now appears on the screen.
How to Redeem iTunes Gift Card
Steps on how to use iTunes gift card are mentioned below.
- Go to Internet Browser and operate Apple’s website. Download the iTunes program.
- On completion of the download, open the program.
- If necessary, create an iTunes account.
- Log in with your ID and password.
Details to redeem iTunes gift card are mentioned below.
- Get your iTunes gift card ready.
- Go to iTunes Store.
- Keep scrolling down to the word Manage.
- Select Redeem. Enter the 16 digit code password, which is behind the card.
- Start to buy a variety of items using your gift card.
To redeem iTunes gift card code:
- Tap on iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store on your device.
- Tap redeem by scrolling down to the bottom of the Featured section.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Select ‘You can also enter your code manually’.
- In the iTunes Store Gift Card, enter the 16 digit code that begins with X from behind the card. If you have content or promo code, then enter the code from behind the card.
- Select Redeem.
Your iTunes account balance automatically gets updated after you redeem an iTunes Store gift card code.
The steps on how to add iTunes gift card are detailed below.
- Go to iTunes.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Select your name, and then select Redeem from the drop-down menu.
- Type your password one more time.
- Enter the 16 digit code, which starts with X.
- Select Redeem.
At a specific time of the year, iTunes Gift Card deals are also available. You can also get updated on your iTunes gift card balance at the iTunes Store.
Here are some details on the history of iTunes. The history of iTunes began in 1998 and still continues today. At first, it was considered as a simple music player; over time, iTunes progressed into a sophisticated multimedia content manager, hardware integration manager, and e-commerce platform.
The present version of iTunes allows users to manage media content, make playlists, arrange media content with handheld devices that include iPad, iPhone, and iPod, re-image and upgrade handheld devices, stream internet radio and buy music, television shows, audiobooks, films and applications with the help of iTunes store.
On the 9th of January, 2001, Apple delivered the 1.0 version of the new program under a name called iTunes at MacWorld, San Francisco. Primarily, a Mac OS 9-only application, iTunes started to support Mac OS X by releasing 2.0 version in October 2001. The release of 2.0 too added support for a then-newly launched product, iPod.
The version 3 dropped Mac OS 9 support, but after adding smart playlists and rating system. In April of 2003, version 4.0 acquainted the iTunes Store. In the following October, 4.1 version added support for Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Being introduced at Macworld 2005 with the new iPod Shuffle, 4.7.1 version got presented with the ability to convert high-bitrate songs into automatically 128kbit/s AAC as these devices did not indigenously support the audio encoded in AIFF or Apple Lossless formats.
This also improvised the value proposition of Shuffle’s limited flash-only storage. The version 7.0 presented gapless payback and cover flow in September of 2006. In March of 2007, the version 7.1 of iTunes added support for Windows Vista, and the last version of Windows 2000 was 7.3.2.
iTunes did not have the ability to support 64-bit versions of Windows till the update of 7.6, which took place on the 16th of January, 2008. iTunes is now supported under any of the version of 64-bit Windows. Though, the iTunes feasible was still 32-bit until the 12.1 version got introduced.
Apple doesn’t support the 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. But a framework has been devised for both the operating systems. The Genius playlists, a new default visualizer, and a grid view were added by version 8.0.
iTunes 9 introduced ‘Home Share’, which enabled automatic updating of purchased items across other computers on the same subnet offering a new iTunes store UI.
Apple also added iTunes Extras to the store, which added content usually allowed for films on Blu-ray discs and DVDs.
Later that day, the new version was available for download. The biggest feature included the integration of ‘iTunes Ping’, which brought a social factor to the experience of iTunes.
Because of the increasing popularity of the iTunes digital download, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced a new logo, the one without a CD background. There are totally 12 versions of iTunes.
Now you know how to redeem iTunes gift card. If you need any other clarification about using iTunes gift card, drop your queries in the comments section below.
How to Use iTunes Gift Card?
iTunes was first launched as music management software with some business applications outside the entertainment industry.
Currently, the role of iTunes as a pathway to all the Apple devices like the iPad or iPhone devices makes it an awesome productive tool for companies and its employees by letting users exchange audio recordings of meetings or conferences by sending transcripts across devices.
It’s just like so many other online gift cards that are available these days. iTunes also has gift cards for its users. We will discuss how to use an iTunes gift card in this article. You can easily redeem iTunes gift card if you have one; if you do not have, you can also buy iTunes gift card online.
The present generation of people has seen so many changes taking place in the field of technology. Almost everything has changed after the internet came into existence; online shopping has taken over traditional shopping.
People purchase almost everything online these days right from buying groceries to furniture. Innovation is marching towards newer heights lately, and as far as Smartphones are concerned, it has made people’s lives much easier.
How to Use iTunes Gift Card on Any IOS Device
iTunes is such a boon to all the users of iPhone and other Apple devices. All thanks to Apple for coming up with such an incredible tool. There are many benefits of having iTunes in your system. Here are some of them:
Organize – Apart from being just a music player, iTunes is a wonderful music organizer. You can create a customized music library as it assists in keeping things very organized. Therefore, the songs can be selected effortlessly; you can classify them as genres or albums and play.
Moreover, the playlists of your favorite songs can also be created. There are no such features offered by any of the competitors of Apple.
Sync with Apple Devices – You can use iTunes for syncing your Apple device – it can be an iPad, iPod or even iPhone. If your device is connected to the system or computer, it will automatically transfer the data such as the images, videos, and songs.
The good thing about this feature is that it makes the music and photo libraries in your system and the Apple device look identical. Therefore, you will be able to create a playlist on the computer and transfer it to your iPod with the sync feature.
Access the iTunes Store -This software is a home to billions of songs for purchase. iTunes makes it easy to buy new songs and lets you download videos or podcasts. You can purchase popular music albums and have it on your device.
The iTunes gift card will come in handy if you are willing to purchase any song from the iTunes store. You can get songs for free if you can redeem the gift card.
Integrate with All the Apple Devices – iTunes is one of the finest software platforms that can be integrated with iOS devices in the marketplace.
Even though many third party programs can upload audio recordings to iPhones or other Apple devices, iTunes is the only software that can handle coordinating operating system upgrades and also manage apps at the same time.
This makes it a fast option when the employees want to use it on a daily basis in order to exchange any sort of business-related media with their colleagues or partners.
How To Redeem iTunes Gift Card on iPhone?
Just like an Amazon gift card, an iTunes gift card can be used to purchase music, video or podcast on the iTunes store. You can utilize your camera on the iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac and even iPad to redeem iTunes Gift Cards.
Before redeeming the gift card, make sure that you are in a room that is well lit and fully bright; also ensure that you have a working internet connection. Only the iTunes Gift Cards with a focus box around the redemption code can be redeemed using the camera.
In order to redeem the gift card, an iPhone, iPad, or an iPod touch with iOS 7 or later is required. As far as the Mac is concerned, you will need a Mac with a FaceTime camera, an OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.3 or later versions and also an iTunes 11 or later version.
- First, go to the iTunes Store or iBooks. In iBooks, tap the “Featured” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the store and then tap on Redeem.
- Log in with your Apple ID that is used for the iTunes Store purchases.
- Now you can tap on Use Camera. The code can also be redeemed manually.
- Take off the label that is on the back of the iTunes Gift Card.
- Hold the back of the card keeping your camera focused.
- The camera will now read and redeem the code for you. Then the iTunes Store balance will show up onscreen.
- Now go to the upper right corner, tap “Done” and the process is complete.
How To Use An iTunes Gift Card on Mac?
- First, launch iTunes, App Store or iBooks.
- iTunes – Go to the iTunes Store and click Redeem under Quick Links that will be shown on the right side.
- App Store– Go to App Store and click Redeem under Quick Links that will be shown on the right side.
- iBooks – Click iBooks Store in the upper left corner and under Quick Links that will be shown on the right side click Redeem.
- Log in with the Apple ID that is valid and verified by Apple.
- Click on the option Use Camera.
- Remove the label that is on the back of the iTunes Gift Card.
- Hold the back of the card keeping your FaceTime camera focused.
- Your Mac will now read and redeem the code. Then the iTunes Store balance will be displayed.
- Finally, click on the option ‘Done’ and that’s it.
If you were not aware of how to redeem your iTunes gift card, this is how you can do it.
How to use Gestures on the iPhone?
The responsive finger-controlled screen is not only convenient but redefines the whole iPhone user experience. They can make certain tasks a lot faster. Gesture-based navigation shortcuts are the talk of the town and with this How to use gestures on the iPhone is a question gaining prominence.
Gestures are either discrete or continuous. A discrete gesture only occurs once like a tap, while continuous gestures occur over a period of time, like the pinch gesture.
Usually, people don’t know about a lot of gestures or the fact that they can even create their own custom gestures. Now, for people who didn’t know about these gestures are really missing out on a useful feature. But, then no need to worry. iPhone is so intuitive and simple that you will figure this gesture feature in no time.
Take a look at how you can do the same:
Activating Assistive Touch
Once you have activated assistive touch iPhone you don’t have to press the Home button to access the Home screen of your device. Assistive touch adds a touch of convenience to your whole iPhone operating experience. Take a look at the steps on how it can be activated:
1. Tap the Settings tab on the menu bar. Click on General and then click on Accessibility.
2. Then, scroll down and tap on Assistive Touch.
3. Toggle the switch to the “On” position.
How to use gestures on the iPhone
After you have activated the Assistive touch, you will see an icon will appear. Take a look at how you can use various gestures with help of Assistive touch icon:
- Open Assistive Touch icon and you will see various options like Notification Center, Device, Control Center, Home, Siri, etc.
- Tap on Device.
- You will see various options. Tap Lock Screen, Rotate Screen, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute or More to perform the action.
- When you tap “More,” a third menu list will pop up. And herein you will see various options. One of them will be gestures. Click on it to view and use various gestures.
How to create Assistive Touch custom gestures
Once Assistive Touch is activated, you can add custom gestures to it. In fact, not only you can add custom gestures, you can even customize the top-level menu as per your needs and zone of convenience.
Take a look at how to create custom gestures in iPhone:
1. Open Assistive Touch
2. Tap on create the new gesture option.
3. Tap or swipe to create the custom gesture. Click on Save.
4. A pop-up box will open up. Name the new gesture in that box.
5. Now, open iPhone Assistive Touch again by tapping on its icon. Under custom gestures, you can see the new gesture created by you.
6. Click on it. You’ll see a small arrow will appear on-screen. Tap on it and simply drag it around the screen. This will be a replica of Multi-Touch gesture. You can create any gesture like flick and swipe, pinch, etc.
Types of Gestures and its Techniques
Now, you might be wondering what is this pinch and flick-swipe all about. These all are basically types of gestures that you can create. Let’s understand them in detail:
1. Tap- This is the basic gesture that serves numerous uses. Just tap on the application to open it or tap on a song or video to play it. Double tapping will enlarge or zoom the image.
2. Flick and Swipe- It is one of the easiest and the most used gestures. The flick is used to scrolling through content, while swipe is used for navigating through screens or photos.
Under this, a user quickly swipes a finger across the screen in one direction. Once you flick or swipe, the object will move even after you lift your finger, thus you can easily navigate through the remaining content.
How faster the content will scroll or move depends on the speed at which you flick, i.e. faster you flick, faster the movement and vice versa.
3. Pinch- This gesture is a great way to zoom into photos, maps or web pages by using only one finger. Place any two fingers and pinch them together to make the images smaller on-screen or spread your fingers apart to enlarge the images.
In simple words, the gesture you apply while viewing photos on the Photos app wherein you zoom in or out is pinch gesture.
4. Rotate- This function is to rotate an image. It is a two-fingered gesture. Just put your fingers on the screen and make a circular gesture, clockwise or counterclockwise.
Drag down from the top of the screen- This is a gesture that will display the Notification Center. Press your finger on top of the screen and drag it downwards.
Customizing the Top Level Menu for Assistive Touch
1. Click on Settings from your Home screen and Tap General. Scroll down and click on Accessibility.
2. Tap Assistive Touch and click on Customize Top Level Menu.
3. Tap on any of the existing icons or click on the addition sign to add more buttons.
4. Select the function you want to add and tap Done in the top right corner.
Using the addition and subtraction signs, you can add or subtract buttons. You can have as many as eight icons and as few as one. In case you are not satisfied with the present changes and need some modification, just tap Reset at the bottom of the page.
Gestures are basically what you are doing with your fingers, on your iPhone touchscreen to operate or get the work done. Some gestures are obvious, but others may be completely new to you. But, once you get hold of them they are really simpler to use.
As the saying goes, that shortcuts can be really good if you develop and practice them. With a little practice, you can master these gestures in no time as they are not at all challenging and are really simple to use.
So, keep on exploring all the new gestures and savor the iPhone touch with these amazing shortcuts and get the general things done faster and more easily than ever before.
Tech2 years ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Tech2 years ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Mac2 years ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Find New Movies On Netflix
Computers2 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tech1 year ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Mac1 year ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?