Google voice search is certainly one of the ostentatious features developed by Google. It is simply developed for making searching and navigation easy. And to be honest, it has succeeded to a great extent.
So, if you want to know how to use Google voice search, then you are certainly at the right place.
In this article, we will tell you how you can use Google voice search efficiently? So, let’s get started:
What is Google Voice search?
As per Wikipedia,
Google Voice Search or Search by Voice is a Google product that allows users to use Google Search by speaking on a mobile phone or computer, i.e. have the device search for data upon entering information on what to search for the device by speaking.
How to use Google Voice Commands?
You can use Google voice commands to give instructions to your device. In order to do so all what you need is to say “OK Google” followed by your Instruction.
Here is a list of Google voice commands with which you can rule it like a king:
- Who invented [Light Bulb]?
- Search for [recipes]?
- Say [where is the complex] in [Turkish]?
- What is [Carpe Diem]?
- What is the meaning of [love]?
- Who is married to [Vin Diesel]?
- Stock price of [Google]
- Author of [Harry Potter]
- How old is [Sachin Tendulkar]?
- Post to Google+ [feeling high]
- Is it going to rain [tomorrow / Wednesday]?
- What’s the weather in [Mumbai]?
- How’s the weather in [New York] on [Friday] going to be?
Notes & Reminders
- Remind me to [buy groceries] at [8 PM]
- Remind me [when I get / next time I’m at] [home / work / other location] [to send an email to Kapil]
- Wake me up in [7 hours]
- Note to self: [I parked my car in section A]
- Set alarm for [9 PM]
Time & Date
- What time is it in [California]?
- When is the sunset [in India]?
- What is the time zone of [India]
- Time at home
- Create a calendar event: [Dinner in New York] [Friday at 8 PM]
- Call [John]
- Call [mom / dad / wife / sister / aunt …]
- Send [email] to Daniel, [Subject: Meeting], [Message: I will be late. So, Don’t wait]
- Send [SMS] to Abhishek mobile, don’t forget to buy milk
- [Contact name]
- How is [the Indian Cricket Team] doing?
- When is the next [Manchester United] game?
- Show me the [Indian Premier League] table
- Did [Barcelona] win their last game?
- Flight [IA 125]?
- Flight status of [IA 125]
- Has [IH 210] landed?
- When will [IA 120] land / depart?
- Go to [Knowledge Cage]
- Open [xda.com]
- Show me [android.com]
- Browse to [reddit.com]
- Listen to / play [Intro] by [The Showman]?
- YouTube [BB ki Vines]?
- Who acted in [Mission Impossible]?
- Who is the producer of [Rocky]?
- When was [Iron Man] released?
- Runtime of [Baahubali]
- Listen to TV
- What’s this song?
Drive / Nest Integration
- Search for [document name] on Google Drive.
- Set the temperature to  degrees.
Custom Voice Actions (Third party application control)
- Zomato: “Find Restaurants Near Nainital.”
- Flixster: “Show me Inception on Flixster.”
- Instacart: “Show instacart availability.”
- NPR One: “Listen to NPR.”
- Saavan: “Saavan this song.”
- TripAdvisor: “Show attractions near me on TripAdvisor.”
- TuneIn Radio: “Open TuneIn in car mode.”
- Wakaway: “Scan my receipt on Walkaway.”
- Wink: “Activate office mode on Wink.”
Some more commands with the app “Commandr”
- Turn on/off flashlight” / “Flashlight on/off
- [Wifi / Bluetooth / GPS / Wireless Hotspot] on/off.
- Lock phone
- Do a barrel roll
- What’s the luckiest number?
- Make me a sandwich!
- Mark make me a sandwich!
- Who am I?
- Who are you?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- Beam me up, Dixcy!
- Tilt or Askew
- What is your favorite color?
- Up up down down left right left right
- Tea, Earl Grey, hot (Certainly a tricky one).
- Go to gadget [app name]
- When does the narwhal bacon?
- What is the Bacon number of [random actor]?
- What does the fox say?
- Why do we need to change the light bulb?
Conversions & Calculations
- What is the tip for  dollars?
- Convert [currency / length/..] to [currency / length/..]
- How much is  times ?
- What is  percent of ?
- Square root of .
- [This] equals.
Maps & Navigation
- Map of [Uttarakhand]
- Show me the nearby [restaurant] on map
- Navigate to [Munich] on car
- How far is [Berlin] from [Munich]?
- Directions to [address / business name / other destination]
Use this While using Google Maps Navigation
- Okay Google,…
- Next step. (Gives you details on your upcoming turn).
- Mute / unmute.(Mutes / unmutes voice navigation).
- When will I get there?(Gives your ETA)
- Find gas stations.
- Exit navigation.
- Resume navigation.
- Show route overview.
- Show alternate routes.
[Additional Information]: How to turn on Google voice search?
This process is for Android only.
Step #1: In this first step, you have to open up your Google app just by tapping on the corresponding Icon.
Step #2: Once you have done the required from the previous step, you now need to tap on the menu icon which looks like 3 horizontal bars. Once you have done the same, then all what you have to do is to navigate for the “settings”, then “voice” and then “OK Google detection”.
Step #3: After successfully completing step #2, all you require is to choose when you want your phone to listen when you say “OK Google”.
Now, in order to use Google voice search, all you need to do is to open up you Google app and Say OK Google followed by your Instructions.
This way you can use Google voice search to increase your work efficiency and productivity. If you don’t use Voice Commands for Google, here is how to turn off Google Voice Search.
This brings us to the end of this tutorial cum guide on how to use Google voice search? We hope that we were efficient enough to satisfy your curiosity about this topic.
We firmly believe that we have left no stone unturned while getting into the nitty-gritty of the topic and making you understand the entire concept of it. But if you still have any query regarding Google voice search? Then feel free to drop your query via comments below. We will try our level best to resolve that.
Moreover, if you found this article helpful and worthy, do show your love by sharing it socially.
Thank you for passing by and giving it a read.
How To Play PS3 Games On PS4
The Sony Playstation gaming console was launched in the year 1994 and has held gamers enthralled with games ranging from Super Mario Kart to Devil May Cry and BloodBourne.
However, with the ever-increasing complexity of the console from version to version, some games from previous generations are now unplayable. That is up until now. We decided to put together a guide on how to play PS3 Games on PS4 in tribute to the next generation of cloud-based gaming.
Sony PlayStation 4 is one of the premium gaming consoles rivaled only by Xbox One and Nintendo Wii. Being at the pinnacle of the gaming industry for more than two decades now, the PS continues its market dominance much to the delight of Sony PlayStation fans everywhere!
If you wanted to Play Xbox 360 on PC, here is How to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC?
How to Play PS3 Games on PS4
“Can u play PS3 games on PS4?” was the question asked by one of our readers. With the release of Sony Playstation 4 and PS4 not supporting the discs meant for the PS3, this question posed a possible pockmark on the PS4’s otherwise incredible gameplay and performance. So, can you play PS3 games on PS4?
The answer at the time was sadly – No. All the PS3 games stayed with the console for which they were meant. Any disc you bought for the PS3 stays with it, and you will have to get new game discs for PS4.
But, can the PS4 play PS3 games? The answer is yes. Although they both have extremely different internal architectures, PS4 does have the computing power to virtually emulate the PS3 architecture, which makes us think – Why would Sony do this to us?
Give us the computing power, but not the games we all love and adore. Can PS4 play PS3 games? If yes, how?
For those hoping to play PS3 games on PS4, Sony has released Playstation Now, a cloud-based gaming platform that allows you to play all your PS3 games on your PS4 by streaming it to your PS4.
For the gaming community, the PS Now comes as a boon that they had been long awaiting. This allows you to stream games from the cloud and play them in sync with your Sony Entertainment Account savegames. So, say hello to an all-new experience from all your old favorite games from last gen.
Playing the classic vintage games on a new console can be a thrilling experience. The Advanced Graphics rendering and the amazing world texture enhancements make it look more real than the originals did, making the games seem new to the eye. Gameplay remains the same since the control scheme is no different than any previous model of PS.
An interesting thing to note about the PS Now is that it must always be connected, which does provide for some insecurity to those without a stable internet connection. But since all things are based on the cloud for the PS Now, this is a sad thing.
The upside of this is that your savegames will never be corrupted and you can always continue gameplay from the point where you last logged off.
Ever played Fantasy Football? Here is How to Play Fantasy Football?
This somewhat combines the concepts of MMO gaming and traditional gaming with cloud synced savegames for some games like the Batman Arkham Series or Assassins Creed, where you either start where you last left off (out of mission) or in a nearby zone to the place where you can continue the free roam that sandbox games like these give you.
P.S. Now has been in development for some time (since 2014 in fact) and recently released in May of 2015 in North America. Over 400 games are accessible in the cloud for either a monthly subscription of $19.99 or a three-month subscription fee of $49.99.
Does PS4 play PS3 games as well as the original console? The answer is ‘No’ again – Not all games can be emulated and even when they can, it requires a minimum of 5mbps uninterrupted internet speed to preload the game from the cloud. Right now, only 400 of the thousands of games available for the PS3 are available for the PS4, but thankfully almost all our favorite top-sellers are included.
Still, it is a blessing for those praying to the gamer gods for better clearer graphics and amazing gameplay for the games that do run.
Among these are the Assassins Creed Games up till ACIII, Batman Arkham Series (not including Arkham Knight), BlazBlue, Darkstalkers, God of War, Hitman HD remakes, Infamous, Resident Evil, Injustice: Gods among us, King of Fighters ’93 and XIII and several Lego video games including Batman and Harry Potter.
All these are highly recommended if you haven’t played them on the PS3 as well. But any gamer worth his joystick would have played most of these, if not all of them.
PS Now has a 7-day free trial as well, so you can test out how your internet connection responds to the bandwidth load from the cloud games.
Are you a Pokemon fan? You are going to love the Pokemon game on the iPhone. Here is How To Get Pokemon on iPhone
If it does work out, you can then choose to rent games for the standard 4 hours, 1 day, 7 days, 30days and 90 days. Or you can pay the subscription. Either way, it’s awesome, and if you have a PS4 and a decent internet connection – go head and sign up now to get access to all the goodies that Sony PlayStation Now has.
Warning: Side effects may include being unable to get up from your seat, sore thumbs, clawed hands, unblinking eyes and angry moms. If you have suffered from these before (especially the last one), consider keeping maximum snacks and caffeinated fizzy drinks to fight the adverse effects (and do it when she’s away)
We hope this answers the question – how to play PS3 games on PS4 and the question can I play PS3 games on PS4. The PS4 might not be meant for this exclusively, but it sure does meet the requirements of those nostalgic gamers out there with a thirst for adventure, action and adrenalin that only the classics can provide.
How to Use uTorrent to Download Files
Willing to get uTorrent movies download files from the internet just at one go? Well, it is the time for you to go and use the uTorrent application. With lots of multiple features for you to use, you can easily download different files from this application just with a click.
All you have to do is learn how to use it and then download the application for further usage. Well, if you do not know the correct process to do it, here is a quick guide for you to go for is you are unaware of How to use uTorrent to download files.
See Also: How to Use BitTorrent Effectively
#1 How to Use uTorrent – Installing The Application
Step 1 The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to install and the downloading process. For Windows PC users, it is recommended that you can download the file from the uTorrent website and then get on with it. However for Android users, you can have a download from the Google Play Store.
Step 2. After you have finished on downloading the file, you now have to continue running the installer. You have to make sure that you are paying attention to every part of installing the file. This is because it will give you the right thing to go for.
Step 3. The next step is of configuring the files and folders with the application. Once you run the software, you now have to configure where to save the files and where not to. This will help you to select the preferences and then customizing the download when you know how to download uTorrent.
Step 4 The next step that you have to cover is to set the bandwidth limits. Once you have covered the previous step, it is now about connecting the ISP with the application. You can do this from the options menu of the application mentioned.
Step 5. The next part will be to enable the protocol encryption. This is the key element to increasing the download speed of your files by hiding the ISP traffic from the application set in the options. You have to select the option of enabling encryption from the mentioned part in the application.
Step 6. Now you have to open the ports of your firewall. You can do this either by going to the default browser which you are using or by giving a click to the option in the application itself. This will help you to run multiple downloads with a high-speed connectivity from the start.
See Also: How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
#2 Downloading a Torrent File
Step 1. The first thing that you need to do is to find out a torrent file online. However, you can do it easily with the help of different torrent engines which are available online. Selecting the torrent file includes everything from games to software and uTorrent download movies and many more.
Step 2. Examination of the appropriate file to download the torrent should be one of the key things you have to perform. There are terms such as “seeders” and “leechers” which you need to check as well. The more they are means the recent they have been uploaded and as a matter of fact, the better they will help you to download.
Step 3. Viruses are a common thing to catch online and what you have to do is to wait for the comments in the file before you download it. You can choose a file according to the comments mentioned below which will help you to guess which file is safe and which one is not.
Step 4. Once you have now found out the uTorrent download movies for free, you now have to click the download button attached to it. It will help you to download the Torrent file. However, you have to wait for a few seconds to download the file.
Step 5. Next you have to give a double click to the downloaded file to launch it in the uTorrent application. You now have to verify the downloading place and the click on to star download option which is present inside the application.
Step 6. Last but not the least is to check the internet connection. You need to use the internet at the maximum speed for a faster download. This will get the download started in a flash and will end up in downloading the file as quickly as possible.
#3 Monitoring The Download
Step 1. The first thing that you need to do is to check the internet connection. Remember the better is it from your Internet Service provider, the faster the download will happen. If you have a slow connection, do not use the internet for any other purposes at the same time to receive the maximum out of your files.
Step 2. It is now time to check the peers and the connectivity speed. Though the connectivity speed will depend on the time of the sharing of the file, the peers are related to the speed of the internet connection. Thus, you need to be sure in this field of connectivity.
Step 3. Once the download has finished, you can now open it and install the recommended software you were trying to download. However, you have now downloaded the full content which is actually of a much bigger size indeed.
Step 4. Once the download has been finished, you can see an ongoing process of seeding. This seeding actually helps you to upload the recent file of the application and go for it. All you have to do is continue seeding until it finally stops as the other users will get a new file and use the files.
Step 5. The last step of all if you do not want your content to be tracked by other people, you have to install PeerBlock. This helps in keeping your contents safe and does not disclose your IP from getting followed by other members or law enforcement agencies.
This is a complete guide for you on How to use uTorrent to download files. You can now download files from anywhere and just get the job done Even if your device turns off, the download does not go away, it continues from where the file has been left off.
How to Reset Apple TV
Apple TV is getting better with each iteration. In its latest avatar, it is possible to dictate letters and numbers into password and email fields using the Siri remote.
This makes it easy to set up the device and sign up for new services. Apple employees seem to work with ‘never let go’ attitude and have nailed the hardware and software to a large extent. Hardware is no doubt impressive, but software has everything that was expected- the new screensavers, Siri integration, and the new OS layout.
The app switcher has also been redesigned with a right-to-left swiping navigation that’s similar to that used in iOS. Apps and games have slowly been trickling through the door as well.
The latest Apple TV model comes in two sizes, and this is the first time that Apple has given a choice; else they were coming only with one model with no option to choose. Now, if you are wondering how to reset Apple TV in these models then chill. When it comes to Apple TV reset, both models are same.
Both models have access to Apple TV apps; both have a remote, which has a touchpad and dedicated Siri button and for both you have to learn the same steps for how to restore Apple TV.
The only difference is one is 32 GB, and the other is 64 GB and so there is some difference in cost too. So, all you need to decide is only on these two features. When it comes to performance and Apple TV restore, it is same in both the models.
You should also see how to Setup and Use Apple TV to its fuller capability.
How to Reset Apple Tv in Simple Steps
Let’s now see how to restart Apple TV.
- Open Settings on Apple TV
- On Apple TV (4th generation), select Settings > System > Reset.
- On Apple TV (2nd and 3rd Generation), select Settings > General > Reset.
- When you reach reset, you have the option of choosing either of the following.
- Select Reset All Settings: This is the fastest way of performing how to reset Apple TV, but this will erase all the settings, including your accounts, apps, and configuration is done by you. To do this, you don’t need an Internet connection.
- Select Restore to Factory Settings: This will require an internet connection. Apple TV will check for updates and download and install them in case there are any.
The reset or restore process takes some time. You need to be patient and keep your Apple TV plugged into power until it’s complete. Once it is done, you will have to download your previously purchased apps again from the App store; obviously, they will be downloaded for free this time.
- What to do if your Apple TV is not restarting? Try to follow these steps.
- Using your Siri remote for generation fourth or Apple TV Remote, hold down the menu and home buttons and release when Apple TV blinking light flashes.
- For the aluminium or white Apple remote, hold down the menu and down buttons, and release only when Apple TV light blinking starts.
- If still your Apple TV is not restarting, try unplugging it from power, and plug back again.
- Sometimes, it happens that Apple TV keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason. It can be quite frustrating and annoying to see that when you put a program on pause and come back a few minutes later, you find that you are back at the icon screen.
At such times, check if any update has come and also check your connections. If you are having Apple’s newest set-top box, then an occasional bug here and there is inevitable. However, there are few easy ways to troubleshoot pesky apps and system quirks.
- If any Apple TV app is misbehaving, then you can force quit it by pressing and holding the Menu button on your Siri remote.
- If the problem persists, force restarts your device by going to Settings > System > Restart.
- Still not resolved? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the misbehaving app.
- Try to reach out to the developer through chat if you are having trouble getting a video or audio content from a particular channel or provider. Apple provides the list of contact information for content providers for the most popular services supported on its device.
- Sometimes, moving back to factory settings solves the issue, but please keep in mind that it will erase all local content that is not backed up to iCloud.
- If your Apple TV is completely unresponsive, after going through all these, then perhaps it is time to connect it to your computer and force a restore via iTunes. Here’s how to do so.
- Plug your Apple TV into your computer using a USB-C to USB cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Select the Apple TV from the Devices menu, and click on Restore Apple TV.
After performing these steps nine out of ten times, your problem will be sorted, but if you are the tenth one then better book your appointment with the nearby Apple store and let the professionals take care of your gadget. You will be required to give the serial number for that, which can be found in the following manner.
- If your Apple TV boots, go to Settings > General > About (or Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth > Remote for your Siri Remote’s serial number).
- If your Apple TV is bricked, you need to connect it to your Mac via USB-C cable and opening iTunes.
- No signal or whatever the problem is – are you not able to find the serial number? Turn it over and the serial number is right there at the bottom of the device below the FCC symbols and information.
Though it is in very fine print, still you can somehow read it using your glasses or the magnifying glass if you have eye power.
Do you know about AirPlay? Have you used it? If no, here is how to use AirPlay on Mac.
Apple TV is a terrific little gadget, which is continuously on the road of improvement. We don’t know what the future apps will be like or what will be the quality of games, but the developers at Apple seem to be determined to conquer the new territories as and when they come.
How To Turn Off Google Voice Search?
It’s been a while Google became a phenomenal internet giant. Every netizen makes use of at least one service of Google. I know the search engine comes at first in the list.
There is an amazingly useful feature integrated with the search engine and Google app that’s voice search. I have just started using it regularly for a couple of days. I found it’s worth it when I have to get a quick answer (like for the question ‘who was the 11th PM of India’).
But you may be a person who doesn’t like to use Google voice search. So today I am going to share a way using which you can turn off Google voice search.
See Also: How to Use Google Voice Commands
How to Turn Off Google Voice Search?
Sometimes, you may find this feature unwanted. I have seen some forum posts that said some guys are facing accidental Google Voice launch without even doing it. In such a scenario you have no options left other than to turn off the feature.
I broke down this tutorial into two parts. The first section deals with turning off voice search on Android app while the second one on Google Chrome desktop browser. To be frank, you have no options to turn off Google voice search.
What can be done is, turning off OK Google hot word.
Disable OK Google Hot Word on Android
To disable Google Voice search on Android without removing the Google app, it is recommended to turn off OK Google hot word. Read on further to know how to disable Google Voice.
Step 1: Grab your Android phone and open the Google app. You can find the app among another app. If you have the Google voice search option and can’t find the app, you should consult with an ophthalmologist ;).
Step 2: You can see the app window like the image given below. Tap the three stripes button on the top left portion of the screen. You will get the Google menu.
Select Settings from there.
Step 3: At this stage, you will be provided with half a dozen of options. Touch on Voice from there. It is the menu we have to access to make a change in any of the Google voice search settings.
Step 4: There, you can see the second option that says “OK Google” detection. Tap on the same.
Step 5: Look at the first two options, From the Google app and From any screen. If you need the Voice search option only when the Google app is opened, you can turn the first option on. Or your preference is launching Google voice search on any screen with the hot word, choose the second one.
If you are in search of how to remove Google voice, you can turn off both the options.
Are you the one who never uses Google app? Then, you can bravely go on with this process. Here, what we are going to do is, disabling the Google app completely.
Proceed to the steps given below to understand how to disable Google voice search with the complete removal of the app.
Step 1: Go to Settings on your Android phone. As you already know, this is the toolbox of an Android user to alter the visible configurations of the phone.
Step 2: Scroll down to bottom until you see the Apps menu. Then touch on the same to get a list of Applications.
Step 3: Look for the one, which says Google App. On touching the same, you will get three options on top. Tap on the third one (Disable) to remove the app completely.
Step 4: You may be asked to confirm the selection by choosing OK. Do it and proceed with the process.
That’s all. You have successfully disabled Google app. So, the voice search ghost will never conquer your phone ever.
If you want to sustain the app, choose the first process I have explained and disable the OK Google hot word.
How to Disable OK Google Hot Word on Chrome Browser
See Also: How to Make a Google Doc?
If you face the voice search issues on Chrome browser, you can disable the feature. It is very annoying to see the voice search gets often opened while we browse seriously. But remember, Google voice search is an amazing feature that lets you search the web and find answers for your questions without using keyboard, mouse or the touch screen of your smartphone.
Follow the steps given below to know how you can turn off voice Google search.
Step 1: Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer or laptop. You can get the Chrome menu by clicking on the three stripes button on the top- right corner.
Step 2: A number of options will be displayed. But for every action that modifies Chrome settings, you have to access Settings from the Chrome menu.
Step 3: You will see a screen like the image given below. Click Show Advanced Settings to get more options within the page.
Step 4: You can see a heading, Search under which a checkbox is displayed saying “Enable OK Google to Start Voice Search”. If this option is turned on, uncheck without any hesitation.
That’s all. You have turned off the OK Google hot word that often disturbs you by opening Google voice search. I think you got a clear idea about how to deactivate voice Google search.
I have come up with this post after seeing many queries on how to disable Google voice search on Google’s support page. Someone said that he took about a couple of hours to find the solution for accidental opening of voice search.
If you are a person, who is irritated with this unwanted opening of Google voice search, I hope this post can help you the best. Use the comment section down below in case you encounter with any problem or doubt regarding this article.
Share this post with your friends and make us reach more eyeballs.
That’s all for now. And, wait for the next post to reduce your headache by overcoming another haunting tech problem.
How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not?
Whenever you update your Windows, the Windows system never displays any successful activated notification or message. So, the confusion tends to creep in that How can I tell if Windows is activated successfully or not.
Activation lets you know that your Windows is genuine. Usually, when the Windows product key is pirated or is not genuine, the activation process will fail. Even if the Windows activation fails, you can still continue to operate the Windows unless you’re using Windows XP.
Generally, Windows are activated just once when you are first installing your operating system. It is really simple to check your Windows system activation status using different methods. Take a look at How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not:
Checking Via Command Prompt
Checking your activation status via command box is the easiest and fastest way. Take a look at the steps:
- Go to Start Menu. Type cmd and press Enter. Alternatively, you can also use the power user menu (Win + X).
- Type this command in the command box.
- Just wait for a minute. A dialog box pops up. It will depict the status of your windows activation.
- If the command prompt says “the machine is permanently activated”, that means it is activated successfully.
And you are done! With this simple method, just check if your Windows are activated permanently or on a temporary basis.
Checking Via System Window
The System tab is your main tab for PC info and general settings. Take a look at How to Learn If Your Copy of Windows is activated via the System Control Panel applet.
- Open start menu and search for “System” in the menu.
- The control panel will open up, automatically once you click on System.
- In the system window, scroll down to the Window Activation section.
- Under the Windows Activation section, you can see that whether your Windows is activated or not.
How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not Via My Computer
- Just right- click on the Computer icon and choose properties.
- Scroll down and there will be a section that says Windows activation.
- You can see here that whether your Windows is activated or not. It will even tell you the Product ID of your Windows.
How to Check Windows is Genuine
Take a look at the steps of How Can I Tell if My Computer is Running Genuine Windows:
- Click on Start, then type in “activate windows” in the search box.
- In case you get a message saying “Activation was successful,” it implies that your copy of Windows 7 is activated and genuine. You will also see the Microsoft Genuine software logo on the right- hand side.
A lot of validation tools are available online to help you observe and verify the activation of your Windows. Only customers with genuine Windows have access to all optional updates and downloads available from Microsoft.
In simple words, if your copy of Windows is not genuine, then you won’t be able to install many updates that are exclusively for customers with genuine Windows.
For example, when your PC downloads any updates, Windows checks to see if your product key or digital entitlement is valid. You will be able to download and only receive the latest updates from Microsoft if Windows on your PC is genuine. In case you are not able to do so, then your PC is running non-genuine Windows.
Take a look at the steps to validate online:
- To validate online use below link
- After going to link, download the validation tool (Genuinecheck.exe) that is available on the website.
- A validation code will be generated by the tool.
- In the validation link, copy and paste the validation code.
- As soon as you click Validate, the link will show whether your copy is genuine or not.
- If it will be genuine, you will be able to download updates from Microsoft easily.
Things to Remember
Note down a few things that will help you buy genuine Windows.
- Just remember the simple rule. Only one copy of Windows can be installed on one PC. This rule applies as per the License terms of Microsoft Software.
- It happens that after a repair you experience that validation fails because some repairs require reinstallation of Windows. After repair, just re-enter your original product key for proper Windows activation.
- Another reason can be Counterfeit software. Now counterfeit can be difficult to detect. You can always file an online report against anyone who sold you counterfeit software. With counterfeit version, all important functions will get blocked and you will not be able to receive any latest updates.
- Remember to always ask the seller to give you Windows disc and the Certificate of Authenticity.
Usually, checking the authenticity of Windows becomes a compulsion if you have downloaded a copy of the Windows from a torrent site or it was installed by a 3rd party. However, if your Windows system is running on trial activation key, the system will expire after the trial period.
See Also: How to Remove Password From Windows 8?
Usually, we tend to ignore this activation aspect until we face some serious issues or the work comes to halt. It is always recommended to check the status of your Windows, and if required upgrade it as soon as possible. Make sure the product key is actually valid and not counterfeit!
A product key is a 25-character code that is located depending upon how you got your copy of Windows. If you bought Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in or if you bought a new PC running Windows, the product key will be preinstalled on your PC.
However, try to buy Windows or a PC with Windows preinstalled directly from Microsoft or from a trustworthy dealer. Make sure to check the Certificate of Authenticity (COA), a proof of license label, and an edge-to-edge hologram, to ensure the genuineness of the Windows.
The above guide on How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not, provides you with several options. Follow them and check the genuineness of the Windows on your PC. To enjoy unlimited access without any complications, always buy or install genuine Windows and not the pirated version!
How to Close Apps on iPhone
How To Play PS3 Games On PS4
How to Remove iCloud Lock
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech1 week ago
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
Computers2 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Mac2 days ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech1 week ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
iOS2 weeks ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Tech1 week ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tech1 week ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Windows2 weeks ago
How to check RAM type (DDR, DDR2 or DDR3) in Windows?