More and more people these days are moving to Apple products. There is no doubt the Apple is always ahead of time when it comes to technology, though it comes with a price. They prefer Apple MacBook as it is lighter and sleeker.
When you are using Mac for the first time, you definitely like to know simple things like how to uninstall programs on Mac. In Windows, you need to go through an uninstallation process to get rid of a program, but to uninstall program in Mac, you can simply send the program you want to delete to the Trash.
See Also: How to Find IP Address on Mac?
There is no need to be worried about how to uninstall a program on Mac as once you empty the trash the program is uninstalled from your system.
How to Uninstall Programs on MAC – in Simple Steps
Uninstalling most Mac applications is a simple process, so don’t rack your brains over ‘how to uninstall a program on a Mac’. However, there might be lingering preference files that stay after the program has been deleted. These might require manual deletion.
Mac OS X does not offer any “Uninstall a program” interface like the one available on Windows. To uninstall programs on Mac, you have to drag the icons to the trash bin.
Now the question that arises is: how to uninstall programs on Mac that don’t have shortcuts, built-in system apps, and other corner cases?
Most Mac applications are self-contained items that don’t mess with the rest of your system. If you are concerned about how to uninstall applications on Mac, just follow these simple steps.
Step1: Open the Finder window.
Step2: Click on ‘Applications’ in the sidebar.
Step3: Right-click on the application’s icon.
Step4: Select ‘Move to Trash.’ Alternatively, you can drag-and-drop an application’s icon to the trash can icon on your dock.
Step5: Right-click the trash can icon on your dock and select “Empty Trash” to get rid of that application.
If you try to uninstall applications that were installed using the Mac package installer, then you will be prompted to give the password. Once you input the password, they will get uninstalled and whatever system-wide changes they made will be removed.
See Also: How to Use Airplay on Mac
However, if there are built-in applications that you want to remove then that cannot be done by this method.
Let’s now move to the next problem: how to uninstall apps on Mac that don’t appear in the ‘Application’ icon.
In Windows, the control panel shows a list of all installed programs, but Mac does not have any such interface. For instance, if you have installed Flash plug-in for Mac OS X, it will not appear in the application folder.
Such applications often provide their own downloadable uninstallation instructions. All you need to do is to search the web how to uninstall on Mac that particular application.
After uninstalling the stuff, some supporting files are left on the system, which is hard to find. This problem is there on Windows too, but in OS X, it is more prominent.
Till some time back, Mac was supposed to be immune to Malware and Adware, but now it has also started falling prey to the epidemic of crap, which was till now only on Windows domain. The culprits are the same free application download websites.
Though Windows were prey to these Adware and Malware for a long time, it has a solution to it too. Any reputed adware provides an uninstaller that sits in the Programs and Features list, allowing users to easily uninstall it for legal reasons. This privilege is not there in Mac; so if you could figure out what you need to uninstall you will have to download and then run it to uninstall.
With problems, the solutions are also coming. There are some free software programs for Mac, which scan your system for junk applications and remove them for you.
The most difficult thing is to learn how to delete programs on Mac or how to uninstall program on Mac that Apple itself included with your Mac.
Till OS X 10.10 Yosemite, it was still possible to open a terminal window and issue commands to delete these system apps, which are located in the Applications folder. But, with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, System Integrity Protection protects these applications and other system files from being modified.
Apple took this step to ensure that malware is not able to modify these applications and infect them, but at the same time, it makes it much more difficult for the users to delete or remove them.
Apple has made the steps to temporarily disable SIP quite difficult; hence you should do this only if you are extremely sure of it. This is a safety feature specially designed by Apple to protect your system against Malware, and hence, it should not be tampered with.
You should also know that if you update your system anytime in future, then the built-in applications that you have deleted will be reinstalled automatically. Let’s see how to disable system integrity protection on a Mac to get rid of these programs.
- Restart your Mac, and as soon as the screen turns black hold down ‘Command +R’ until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Now click on the “Utilities” menu.
- Next click on “Terminal”.
- In the Terminal Window that opens, type “csrutil disable” and press return.
- Restart OS X. Your Mac should then restart as normal with SIP disabled. You can now delete the built-in program and after you are done make sure to re-enable SIP by following the same steps as above, but typing “csrutil enable” in the terminal window.
Now that you are aware of how to uninstall programs on Mac in different scenarios, you might be able to use it with more ease and satisfaction. Apple has designed things keeping in mind the convenience and security of users.
It is for this reason that uninstalling most applications is very easy, but when it comes to built-in apps, which are there for a purpose, it is really difficult.
How to Convert MOV to DVD on Mac OS X
MOV files are often available on the internet or produced by some type of cameras which can be played on Mac OSX.
Sometimes it requires you to convert MOV files to DVD format to watch it on your home in DVD player in a bigger screen. To convert it you need a DVD burning program that supports MOV format.
A large number of people nowadays face the problem of compatibility when they are playing videos on various devices.
The most common problem to all of the other can be a problem involving the video formats not working in certain operating systems.
You can take an example that you downloaded files in WMV format for your Mac which will result in the compatibility issue. When it is not working you need some software or video converter to convert it into the required format to use it.
To convert iDVD MOV to DVD on Mac you are required to follow some steps.
One software called iSkysoft DVD Burner for Mac is highly recommended to help you for burning MOV files to DVD on your Mac.
The first step in doing that can be adding MOV files. You can do that by clicking on the + bottom to load the video from your hard drive. You can't add multiple videos files at once it should be one after the other.
After adding it, it will appear on your main interface. Display loaded MOV files by double-clicking to choose the video file which you want to covert.
The second step can be making a custom DVD menu for your DVD. Moving to DVD maker provides you with 90 sets of free animated and static DVD menu styles.
You can personalize your DVD additionally. To make it a custom menu, you just have to click the menu button to choose a suitable or appropriate menu style for your DVD. After that, you can customize it according to your requirements.
The final step would be burning MOV video to DVD. In case if you don't want to add any kind of special effect into it, you can just directly start to burn MOV files to DVD.
There is mainly two disc style to choose in between that is D5 and D9. So, by following the above three steps you can actually convert MOV to DVD on Mac.
How to Password Protect a Folder in Mac in 5 Steps
Sometime we have some confidential data in our computer which we don't want to share with anyone.
So we feel like adding a password on that folder and make it password protected. There are tons of softwares make make password protect folder mac, but here we are going to talk about free method which you can use anytime in your machine and lock any folder.
You can encrypt any given folder and save it in your machine at any place because it will be a password protected folder now.
Let's see how you can encrypt a folder with password protection in mac and make your data more secure. If you are using Windows computer and wanted to lock folder, see How to Lock a Folder in Windows 7/8/8.1.
Step 1: Open Disk Utility
Step 2: Click on File > New > Disk Image From Folder
Step 3: Browse the folder you want to encrypt and then click on image.
Step 4: Choose ‘read/write’, and choose ‘128-bit AES encryption’.
Step 5: Type the desired password and UNTICK Remember password in my keychain.
Now you'll have a password protected DMG file which you can open anytime by entering the password.
How to unlock mac password protect fthe older?
As putting the lock was simpler, so unlocking is also very simple.
Double click on the .dmg file and it will ask for the password.
Note: Always keep “Remember password in my keychain” UNTICKED otherwise it will save your password.
Now this will mount the folder on your Mac and you'll be able to access all the files in this folder.
You can delete or add any files in this password protect mac folder. This is going work as simple folder now.
Once you are done with adding or deleting the files from the folder, just right click on it and UNMOUNT it.
Now you can delete the actual folder from your Mac and use .dmg file for the future purpose.
This is one of the easiest way to add password on any folder in Mac. You should also learn to use File Manager in MacOSX.
Do share this trick with all your friends and help them to secure their most important files. 😉
I means most important files. 😛
How to Use uTorrent to Download Files
Willing to get uTorrent movies download files from the internet just at one go? Well, it is the time for you to go and use the uTorrent application. With lots of multiple features for you to use, you can easily download different files from this application just with a click.
All you have to do is learn how to use it and then download the application for further usage. Well, if you do not know the correct process to do it, here is a quick guide for you to go for is you are unaware of How to use uTorrent to download files.
See Also: How to Use BitTorrent Effectively
#1 How to Use uTorrent – Installing The Application
Step 1 The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to install and the downloading process. For Windows PC users, it is recommended that you can download the file from the uTorrent website and then get on with it. However for Android users, you can have a download from the Google Play Store.
Step 2. After you have finished on downloading the file, you now have to continue running the installer. You have to make sure that you are paying attention to every part of installing the file. This is because it will give you the right thing to go for.
Step 3. The next step is of configuring the files and folders with the application. Once you run the software, you now have to configure where to save the files and where not to. This will help you to select the preferences and then customizing the download when you know how to download uTorrent.
Step 4 The next step that you have to cover is to set the bandwidth limits. Once you have covered the previous step, it is now about connecting the ISP with the application. You can do this from the options menu of the application mentioned.
Step 5. The next part will be to enable the protocol encryption. This is the key element to increasing the download speed of your files by hiding the ISP traffic from the application set in the options. You have to select the option of enabling encryption from the mentioned part in the application.
Step 6. Now you have to open the ports of your firewall. You can do this either by going to the default browser which you are using or by giving a click to the option in the application itself. This will help you to run multiple downloads with a high-speed connectivity from the start.
See Also: How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
#2 Downloading a Torrent File
Step 1. The first thing that you need to do is to find out a torrent file online. However, you can do it easily with the help of different torrent engines which are available online. Selecting the torrent file includes everything from games to software and uTorrent download movies and many more.
Step 2. Examination of the appropriate file to download the torrent should be one of the key things you have to perform. There are terms such as “seeders” and “leechers” which you need to check as well. The more they are means the recent they have been uploaded and as a matter of fact, the better they will help you to download.
Step 3. Viruses are a common thing to catch online and what you have to do is to wait for the comments in the file before you download it. You can choose a file according to the comments mentioned below which will help you to guess which file is safe and which one is not.
Step 4. Once you have now found out the uTorrent download movies for free, you now have to click the download button attached to it. It will help you to download the Torrent file. However, you have to wait for a few seconds to download the file.
Step 5. Next you have to give a double click to the downloaded file to launch it in the uTorrent application. You now have to verify the downloading place and the click on to star download option which is present inside the application.
Step 6. Last but not the least is to check the internet connection. You need to use the internet at the maximum speed for a faster download. This will get the download started in a flash and will end up in downloading the file as quickly as possible.
#3 Monitoring The Download
Step 1. The first thing that you need to do is to check the internet connection. Remember the better is it from your Internet Service provider, the faster the download will happen. If you have a slow connection, do not use the internet for any other purposes at the same time to receive the maximum out of your files.
Step 2. It is now time to check the peers and the connectivity speed. Though the connectivity speed will depend on the time of the sharing of the file, the peers are related to the speed of the internet connection. Thus, you need to be sure in this field of connectivity.
Step 3. Once the download has finished, you can now open it and install the recommended software you were trying to download. However, you have now downloaded the full content which is actually of a much bigger size indeed.
Step 4. Once the download has been finished, you can see an ongoing process of seeding. This seeding actually helps you to upload the recent file of the application and go for it. All you have to do is continue seeding until it finally stops as the other users will get a new file and use the files.
Step 5. The last step of all if you do not want your content to be tracked by other people, you have to install PeerBlock. This helps in keeping your contents safe and does not disclose your IP from getting followed by other members or law enforcement agencies.
This is a complete guide for you on How to use uTorrent to download files. You can now download files from anywhere and just get the job done Even if your device turns off, the download does not go away, it continues from where the file has been left off.
How to Find IP Address on Mac?
It’s important to know the IP address of your Mac as it comes handy when sharing files or setting up a network. For instance, you might need it when you are setting up devices like printers on a network. IP address also helps in safeguarding your system against malware.
If you’re looking for an efficient guide to learn how to find IP address on Mac, you can discover more than one way in this article.
When a Mac is linked to a network, it’s assigned with a network address known as IP address. It’s typically 4 sets of digits parted by periods with around 3 digits per set.
If the Mac is linked to the internet as well as a network, then it will have two IP addresses: one external address for the internet connection and one internet to indicate its location on local network. In the following sections, we’ll look into some ways to find the internal IP address as well as External IP address.
See Also: How to Fix IP Address Conflict
How to Find IP Address on Mac
As a new Mac user, I was also struggling to find my IP address, but now as an experienced user I am capable of guiding the other new Mac users through several ways to find it. Read on to find out some of these effective ways.
Find Internal IP Address for Mac OS X 10.4
Go through these five steps and soon you’ll know how to find IP address for Mac very easily.
- On the screen’s left upper corner, you can find on Apple icon. Click on that.
- Scroll down and choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences screen, on the third row, you will find the option Network. Click on that.
- Choose your connection. You can choose the one that you wish for the IP address in the Show menu. Drop down on the menu to find the different connections. If your connection is wired, select built-in Ethernet. If your connection is wireless, select Airport.
- Select the TCP/IP tab to display your Mac’s IP address in the Settings window.
With that simple procedure, you no more have to be concerned about how to trace an IP address on Mac OS X 10.4.
Find Internal IP Address for Mac OS X 10.5 or Higher
What if you are working on Mac OS X 10.5 or higher versions? The process to know the IP is quite easy for that too! Here it is!
- Select the Apple icon on the screen left upper corner and scroll down to choose System Preferences just the way you do with OS X 10.4.
- Select Network option from the third row.
- Choose your connection. Normally, you will be linked to the network through Ethernet (wired) or AirPort (wireless). The connection that’s actively being used will display ‘connected’ near it. You can find your Mac’s IP address right here beneath the connection status. Usually, the connection that you are using will be chosen by default.
Now, doesn’t that sound simpler than how you found the IP address on OS X 10.4?
Find the Internal IP through the Terminal
Here’s how to find IP address on Mac via the terminal. This is one of the best and quickest ways for users who are technically inclined.
- Access the terminal, which can be seen in the Utilities segment of the Application folder.
- Use the command ifconfig, which usually results in plenty of unwanted and confusing data being displayed. If you want to avoid the unnecessary data, you can use a command in the below format to know just your internal IP address: ifconfig | grep “inet ” | grep -v 127.0.0.1. This command eradicates the 127.0.0.1 entry, which pops up always irrespective of the system you are using. You can ignore this feedback loop when you want just the IP address.
- The IP address of your Mac can be seen near the ‘inet’ entry.
That’s the terminal’s way to find a Mac IP address.
Find the External IP Address
Now that you know different ways to find external IP, we’ll move on to learn how to get IP address (external).
- Access the configuration page of your router. Most of the routers can be opened via a web interface as this is where you can see the settings and adjust them. Access the web interface by entering the IP address of the router into a browser. Check the documentation of your routers for the particular address. Some of the common router IP addresses are 168.1.1; 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.0.1.
- Access the status of your router. The external IP address location will differ from one router to the other. A majority of them have it listed in the Wide Area Network (WAN) status or Router Status.
- Under the Router Status’ Internet Port, you can find your IP address listed. This is your router’s IP address. Any connection that’s made from your router will possess this address. Your internet service provider assigns this IP address. A majority of the external IP addresses change often and hence are dynamic in nature. Proxies can be used to mask this address.
- You can also perform a simple search on Google with the phrase IP address. This will display your public or external IP address as the first result.
So, now you also how to find an IP address (external) on Mac.
Now that you’ve learned a plethora of ways, you can also guide your friends about how to check IP address on Mac systems. You might also want to learn to change IP address – Mac systems have a plenty of methods available for changing the address too!
You can find several guides for this as well! Look out for more such guides to learn more about your Mac system – within a few months, you are likely to be an expert in handling Mac-related issues and can quickly be on your way to troubleshooting them.
For now, if you get stuck up anywhere while executing the above-discussed ways to find your Mac system’s IP address, drop your queries in the comments section below and our experts will clarify your doubts.
How to Use Airplay on Mac
Watching something on a big screen is what we used televisions for, and we still do, but with so many technologies coming in today we have a lot of options on how we can watch other things on TV over us watching something that the TV served us then.
The world is moving towards mobile today, and it’s going to be completely mobile in a span few years. Whatever we do today, we want to relate it to mobile and try it on a mobile.
Also learn to reset the Apple TV because sometimes Apple TV don't work the way they should work. That time, you may need to reset the Apple TV. Here is how to reset Apple TV.
This article will help you understand how to use Airplay on Mac; also, I will take you through the basics of how to set up Airplay on Mac, and what are the bare minimum requirements to use Airplay on Mac.
What Is Airplay?
Airplay is an Apple-developed technology, which enables the users to stream music, videos and photos on Airport Express.
What are the minimum requirements to use Airplay on Mac?
To know the minimum requirements, follow these steps:
- Get to the Apple menu
- Click on System Preferences
- Select the Display option
- Do not consider the Show Mirroring options in the menu bar when available
- You will see the requirements there.
Once you have had a look at these requirements you also need to know the requirements on the Apple TV side.
The second generation or later Apple TV comes with the latest update of the Apple TV software.
You should also see the resource explaining to uninstalling the programs on Mac.
To mirror or stream your screen display or your desktop display, you will need to have one of these Mac computers with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 or later:
- Mac Mini (Mid 2011 or later)
- MacBook (Early 2015 or later)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or later)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 or later)
These minimum requirements mentioned above basically help you fasten the process of connecting two devices without having to add another step of getting the passwords and to connect to the wireless networks (Wi-Fi networks).
Let’s now go through how to setup Airplay
Setting up Airplay on Mac is a simple process of a few steps, which you might have to follow. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the menu bar
- Once you are on the menu bar, select the airplay option in the menu bar
- You will have to choose your Apple TV
- Make the choice of your Apple TV under the option “Connect to AirPlay Display.”
- When Mac is using Airplay display, the icon slowly turns blue.
- Click on the extended desktop option or click on one of the mirroring options.
Airplay on Mac – How to Turn on Airplay on Mac?
- Before you follow the steps discussed above, ensure the following things:
- Your Apple device and the device on which you want to stream music or use Airplay should be connected to one network.
- Check if you have the option Control Centre
- Ensure that once you go to the Control Centre, the Airplay option appears.
- If you want to play music or anything, which is in the music format, you will have to connect your iPhone or iPad to Airplay-enabled speakers.
- If you want to stream video and photo, you will have to stream it on an Apple TV. To make this process easily understandable when you connect to the wireless network, you get the icons of those devices you would want to connect to.
- If you want to mirror your full screen and if you want to stream images on the screen, ensure that the aspect ratios of the TV are set to the required settings.
Devices and gadgets tend to trouble you at some point in time, and it is essential to know what to do when you encounter a situation like this.
Especially when phones are heavily used, this problem crops up, and there have been cases when the Apple TV and Airplay are not working. Are you aware of what you can do if Apple TV airplay not working? So, you might be confused about which device you might have to put off when something like this happens.
Let’s go through a few simple steps you might have to follow when Apple TV airplay not working.
- The first option is you might try restarting the Apple TV, and you might also try putting off the Airplay and putting it on again to check if it is working.
- Go to Airplay and check if it is configured properly
- If the Apple TV airplay not working still, it means that they are not meeting the basic requirements of connecting with each other. In this case, you will have to go through the guidelines and check the firewall.
Steps to Follow to Check the Firewall
- Go to the Apple menu
- Click on the System Preferences option; you will be navigated to the next screen.
- Select the Security and Privacy option.
- Select the lock button
- You will then have to provide your admin name and password
- Select the Firewall option
- If your option of incoming connections is selected, you will have to click on that and deselect all the incoming connections so that the path to connection is cleared
- You will now have to click on “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections.”
Is Internet surfing getting slow on Mac? You are required to clean the cookies. Here is How to Clear Cookies on Mac?
Is it now easy to understand how to use Airplay on Mac? In this, we have mainly focused on the technical aspects of how to setup Airplay and use it. The end of the article will also help you resolve the problem if you are stuck somewhere for the privacy setting as the phones come with default settings. If you still have doubts, share your queries in the below ‘comments’ section, and we’ll enlighten you about what’s to be done to fix the problem.
In the next article, we will discuss the evolution of technology in Apple and why Apple chose to build something like Airplay. Stay tuned for regular updates about using Apple’s latest gadgets.
In case, you would want to share your input or experience, do leave us your valuable comments in the comment section. Happy streaming, happy mirroring!
How to Find Your Apple ID
How to Delete Snapchat Account
How To Delete Oovoo Account
How to Install GIMP for Mac
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
Mac1 year ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Entertainment5 months ago
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
Tech5 months ago
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
Tech1 year ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Facebook12 months ago
How to Block Game Requests on Facebook?
Linux11 months ago
How to Install Zorin Linux using Bootable Pendrive
Tech12 months ago
How to Turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10
Tech1 year ago
100 Proxy Sites to Unblock Any Website Anywhere