Blurring an image is a feature that comes out really handy when we have something inappropriate in the picture or something we are not comfortable sharing with others. When we have taken a photograph and later we realize some inappropriate elements in it, the only thing that strikes through our mind is blurring it.
But once you have blurred something, do you know how to unblur it?? Do you know how to unblur a picture?
Or, if the blur effect goes very deep, do you know how to make a picture less blurry??
If you don't know then check out today's article. In this article, we will let you know how to make a blurry picture clear.
However, once the picture is blurred it is not possible to unblur it clearly. But you can give some sharpen effects by using the editing tools. Let's check out what tools I am talking about.
How to Unblur a Picture
Once the picture is blurred you can not unblur it. But you can still add some sharpen effects to the image. It will make your image look a little clear than before.
To give the sharpen effects or any other effect on the image, you can use the photoshop software. Needless to say, Photoshop is one of the best photo editing software. Which allows adding any kinda blur and unblur effects to the images.
But again, I would like to remind you that these effects can be used just to give the sharpness to the image not the unblurring.
Let's check out how to fix a blurry picture using the photoshop with step by step guide. Once we are done editing images with photoshop, we will see some other tools to unblur a picture.
Step 1: First of all, go to the photoshop software and open the photo you want to unblur. To open the picture go to File > Open > Chose your blurry image.
Step 2: Once you are done selecting the picture, duplicate the background layer. To do so, press CTRL+J.
Step 3: Now go to filter option from the menu bar and select Others and then High Pass. Set the radius to 10-15 pixels. Else the image would go grainy.
Step 4: After you are done setting up the radius, click on Ok.
Step 5: Now go to the Blending option and set the blending mode of the layer to Hard Light. and adjust the Opacity accordingly. Set the opacity you think makes the image look better. If you are not able to decide, set it to default i.e 50% for the better results.
And you are done. Now save the image and compare it to your previously blurred image and see the difference.
This is how we sharpen up the images in photoshop. If you are not comfortable using photoshop, there are some other online too, that can help you for the same.
Below I have shared some of the useful tools and apps. Check them out.
Fotor Photo Blur is a free photo sharpening tool. With these tools, you can sharpen up your blurry pictures in just a few minutes. Apart fro sharpen effects it provides various other features and options to edit and fix the pictures.
With Fotor Blur, you can edit the image and can use any features such as Banners, Crop, Unblur, Sharpen, Improve, Resize, Straighten, Covers and much more.
To use Fotor Photo Blur, you will have to go to the website first and then click on the Get Started. After clicking on the Get started, you will see a new window, where you have to click on the open to open up the image you want to edit.
Once the image is opened select the effects from the right panel. For example, if you want to add some text or sticker then click on text or stickers simultaneously.
Or if you want to add frames to the image click on Frames. Choose effects as per your choice and edit the picture accordingly.
After Fotor photo blur, Focus magic is an equally popular and useful tool that can be used to fix the blurred pictures. Focus magic is well compatible with Photoshop. It provides features like a user-friendly interface, fixing motion blur, un sharping mask, increasing resolution and much more.
As it is clearly visible by its name SmartDeblur helps to remove the blur effects. However I personally have not used it but I can assure you, after using it you won't get disappointed.
SmartDeblur is downloadable software for Windows and Mac PC. If you want to use it, you will have to download it first. This software enables you to makes defocused images readable, restore motion blur in images, supports easy tuning, undo Gaussian blur and provides lots of other advanced tools.
Photo Sharpen is one of the easiest tools to sharpen up the image. To use this tool, you don't have to do anything but upload a picture. Photo sharpen do it for you. It automatically unblurs the picture after you upload it that too within a few seconds.
Blurity is also available as software for windows systems. This software is widely used to fix blurry pictures online and make your photos sharper and enhanced than before.
To unblur or sharpen up the image Blurity is considered as one of the best image unblurring tools for the computer. If you have not used it, I would recommend you to try it once.
How to Fix Blurry Pictures Using Apps
If you prefer to use android devices than windows or Mac then you can consider these apps too to unblur or sharpen up the images.
The Focus it app is basically for iOS devices. This app is specifically designed to blur images and put special effects in photographs. Effects such as giving a blur effect on the background of the image.
Perfectly Clear, isn't it clear enough with the name what this app is meant for? Unlike other apps and tools mentioned above, perfectly clear is not free of cost tool. It's a premium app that costs $2.99 and is available in the Apple Store.
Perfectly Clear app supports image enhancing with multiple photo filtering tools and options. Also, it brings clarity to your images by sharpening them.
For an Android user, I guess there is no need to describe much about the After focus app since this app is already enough popular among the android users.
After focus app unblurs pictures in Android devices by highlighting a certain area and keeping the other parts blurred. For sharpening up and blurring the images, After Focus can also be considered. It supports high-resolution images and adds filters to your photos easily.
Last but not least. Photo Editor is also one of the good apps that help to edit and sharpen up the images. With this app, you can edit the pictures and give the effects such as contrast and saturation, sharpen and blur images, remove red-eye, color splash, adjust brightness, remove blemishes, use vignette tool and any more.
By using the above-mentioned tools and apps you can add some extra and additional effects to look at your photographs more attractive. And basically, if there is any blurred image you can however not unblur it, but definitely can make it look more sharpen. And all these tasks can be easily performed by the above-mentioned tools.
In the above list, I have covered the online tools and websites. But if you use the android device you can use the apps as well.
However, I have not covered all the apps and tools but whatever apps I mentioned are good enough to edit the pictures.
If you know any other app or tools you can share with us!! In case you face any trouble you can ask that by dropping the comment in the comment section. If you liked our guide How to unblur a picture, you can share it on your socials as well.
How to Clean a Keyboard?
In this era of hustle and bustle, where we are trapped in the web of sedentary lifestyles, using a laptop is a part of the daily routine, for most of us. Without the internet for a single second, life comes to a halt.
The keyboard is one of the fundamental peripherals in any laptop. Due to their extended use, they tend to become dirty. Stuck keys and repeated characters during typing are some of the problems that occur due to an inefficient cleaning of keyboards. Thus, a cleaning ritual becomes important.
Cleaning not only improvises the product but also increases its shelf life. How to clean a keyboard is a question most people kingpin upon.
How to clean a keyboard?
#1. Normal Clean-up
Starting from your furniture to your wardrobe to that laptop, everything needs a general day to day cleaning. Following points should be noted as an answer to how to clean laptop keyboard:
1. Unplug the keyboard- The most important part before initiating the cleaning process is to unplug your keyboard. A connected keyboard while cleaning can damage the machine.
2. Removing Dust- Use a small soft-bristled dusting brush, on a regular basis to remove that unpleasant dust. Hose attachment of a vacuum cleaner is a handy technique to remove the more caked-on dust.
3. Compressed Air- One of the easiest methods is to turn the keyboard upside down. Then use a can of compressed air to blow out any extra dust.
4. Remove the keys- For that extra edged and thorough cleaning, remove all the keys with the help of a small screwdriver. Take a clean cloth and gently swab all the surfaces to remove that dust.
A gentle day to day cleaning is highly recommended for that enhanced and smooth usage. There is no better way than regular cleaning to maintain the product.
#2. Pencil Eraser to Remove Food Particles
Foodstuff, stuck under the keys and make the keyboard feel mushy and greasy while typing. The best way to tackle this issue is by popping up the keys and using a can of compressed air to clean up everything underneath.
However, the secret trick is to use a pencil eraser to peel off the dirt. Be extra cautious while using this method as eraser-dust can fall back on the keyboard.
How to Clean Laptop Keyboard with Soapy Water
If you are exhausted trying each of the above methods of how to clean keyboard, and none is working out, then this comes as a sure shot savior. Following is the process:
1. First of all, switch off the machine and disconnect the keyboard.
2. Turn the keyboard upside down and remove all the keys.
3. Take a soft toothbrush and wet it with a little bit of alcohol.
4. Side by, fill a bowl with cold soapy water.
5. Dump the keys into the soapy water and scrub slowly with the toothbrush.
6. Lastly, rinse them under cold running water and leave them to dry.
7. Once they dry, reassemble your keyboard.
Germs on the Keyboard
Cleaning is very important to kill germs, bacteria, and viruses. Dust assemble on a keyboard and produce disease-inducing germs, which ultimately transfers to the human body via hands. Thus, wipe them off with a little alcohol. Avoid products containing higher concentrations of alcohol.
Use a little alcohol solution to scrub those keys on the keyboard. Do not pour in much and use it carefully. It is preferable to use isopropyl alcohol. Do not use disinfectant sprays, due to their intense nature.
Accidental Spills on Keyboard
Any accidental spill of a liquid can destroy the machine and make the keys really sticky. The easiest way in such a situation is to pop off the keys for the thorough cleaning of the keyboard.
However, in case of any accidental spillage on the keys, one can even use a paper towel to dump out any excess liquid. One of the best remedies, in this case, is to leave it upside down, for as long as possible. Clean it gently and do not use too much force.
You can even use a butter knife to pull out the keys of the keyboard from one side. In most cases, a fingernail is enough to pull the plastic up. Just be extra careful while doing it via fingernail.
Butter Knife and J- Cloth
Using a butter knife, a j-cloth, and an all-purpose cleaner is a simple answer for how to clean a keyboard. Following is the way:
1. Put it in cloth- Take a j-cloth and wrap the blade of the butter knife in it, ensuring the cloth is as tight as possible.
2. All-purpose cleaner- Soak this cloth in the all-purpose cleaner.
3. Scratch the bits- With a gentle force, place the knife in between the keys of your keyboard and scratch the dust.
4. Repeat the process- Again soak the cloth in the all-purpose cleaner and reapply the process.Keep on repeating this process until the laptop keyboard is duly cleaned.
Use the Dishwasher
Some people swear by this remedy as an answer to how to clean a laptop keyboard. A lot of waterproof keyboards are available that can survive the dishwasher. Just throw in the keyboard and let the larger machine do its thing.
However, cleaning a mechanical keyboard through the dishwasher is not at all recommended at any cost. Adding to the discomfort, it takes several days to dry, thus interrupting the work.
Cleaning the keyboard on a regular basis is recommended rather than a full, deep clean as dirt and grime can interfere with the moving pieces. It increases the shelf life of the keyboard. Follow these simple techniques and make the process of how to clean a keyboard trouble-free.
Invest in a good quality keyboard and don’t go for a cheap one, as it exposes one to the danger of electronic circuitry.
A lot of readymade keyboard cleaners are available in the market to ease out the whole process. Show some care and enjoy the enhanced usage of your keyboard!
How to Turn off Location Services on iPhone?
Location services are one of the most used and popular features on the iPhone. A ton of apps run on the basis of location services. In other words, location services are really an integral part of a lot of iOs apps.
As the famous adage goes that to every coin there are two sides; i.e. a particular situation has both advantages and disadvantages; the same applies to the operation of location services too.
While turning off location services helps you to save a lot of battery life, on the other hand, it hampers the work of various core features such as Find My iPhone, Maps, etc.
Various apps that rely on GPS and location-specific data will cease to function in case you turn off the location services. However, despite the benefits, these location services eat up a lot of your battery and the feeling of being tracked consistently can be really annoying for some.
Thus, How to turn off location services is a question many people have drifted upon now and then.
So before we proceed with the way you can turn off location services, let’s take a look at few icons to understand it better:
Location Service Icons
There are different types of location service icons that you’ll see besides your apps. Take a look at what they imply:
- Purple icon: This icon will appear next to an item that has used your location recently; it is using your location frequently and actively.
- Gray icon: This icon will appear next to an item that has used your location within the last 24 hours, i.e. it might not be using your location now but had used it in the past.
- Hollow purple icon: This icon means that the application in question is using a geofence. It will notify you when you arrive at or leave these locations.
In case you see no icon at all then your location has not been at all recently.
How to Turn off Location Services
Take a look at how to turn location services off for various downloaded applications on your iPhone:
- Go to the menu page of your iPhone and open the Settings app and Tap Privacy.
- Click on Location Services.
- Now the moment you select location services, you can see all the location services you have access to. If you want to turn off Location Services for all apps, simply slide the Location Services tab to the off position.
- If you want to turn the toggles OFF for any specific app then simply scroll through the list and select the particular app for which you want to turn off my location Only the applications that actually need your location should ever be granted access. Basically, there are 3 options for you to choose from:
- Never- Location access is disallowed. No app can never access your location for any reason at all.
- Always- Access to your location will be available even when that particular app is in the background.
- While using the app- Access to your location is available only when that particular app or one of its features is visible on the screen.
- Once you have selected the particular app, switch the Allow Location Access setting to Never.
- Now, keeping on tapping each app individually and decide which apps you want to “allow” the Location access and which ones you want to disallow the access.
- The Location Services also gives you an explanation as to for what purpose the app is using your location data, for example: For Google, it shows that it uses your location to provide more relevant search results, updates and more. So, this explanation helps you to take a decision of allowing or disallowing access.
Disabling Location for System Services
We have discussed above that how to turn off location services for various applications in the iPhone. Now, take a look at how to turn off location services for various built-in features.
There are various in-built features in the iPhone that require location services to function. Turning off location for these services would hamper the functioning of these. You can access them via:
- Go to Settings. Click on the Privacy tab.
- Tap on Location Services. Scroll down to end and you will see System Services Tab. Click on it.
- The list of all the system services will open up.
Various system services include:
- Compass Calibration- If you use Google Maps more often, turning this feature on is essential to make your Google map search more accurate. It sets up your iPhone’s gyroscope to plot your location. Various other apps that need compass access to function will be hampered if this feature is turned off.
- Find my iPhone- If you want to Find my iPhone running, keep its location service running too. Find my iPhone helps to track your iPhone's location, in case it is lost or misplaced.
- HomeKit- If you use HomeKit, keep HomeKit location service turned on, otherwise just turn it off. HomeKit provides for home automation like if you want to turn off the light of your home, with HomeKit your iPhone will do it for you.
- Location-Based iAds- Apple needs your location in order to provide you with geographically relevant ads. However, it can be really annoying for some to be watched over all day long. If you don’t want any unnecessary tracking for advertising purposes, disable this feature.
- Setting time zone- It is preferred to leave this option On, as the clock and calendar use it. Your time zone will be instantly adjusted according to your geographic location if you keep this service on.
- Diagnostics & Usage- Apple keeps track of how you use your device so that they can make necessary improvements to make your experience more efficient. You can turn off this feature, as hard it is of any use.
- Status Bar icon- Whenever your location is being used, this status bar icon will emerge. It is advised to keep this feature on, as you will have an idea as to when and why your location is being tracked.
Prioritize the features you want to enable and disable the ones you don’t require. Turn on the status bar icon and keep a track of where and why your location is being used.
For whatever reasons, may it be battery drain or privacy concerns, use the above- given methods on How to turn off location services and enjoy the iPhone usability your way.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone?
Apple pay is Apple's mobile payment service. In simpler words with Apple Pay, you can make payments via iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and all the latest versions.
Apple Watch owners can make payments using NFC chip built into their devices. It made its debut on 20 October 2014.
Since the day it has been launched, it has been growing at a spectacular rate. The ease and convenience that it offers are simply unmatchable.
And with all this hype around this amazing feature, a lot of iPhone users have been going gaga about how to use apple pay.
With Apple Pay, it has become much easier for you to pay for your purchases, both physical and online. All you have to do is pay for all those goods and services you have bought from the retail stores or the apparel you shopped from your favorite clothing store via your Apple iPhone.
With Apple Pay, the security of the card is given the main preference. Apple creates a “device-only account number” to operate Apple Pay. It doesn’t store your credit or debit card number and does not even give the number to companies or traders. It is known as Tokenization.
Apple Pay is presently only available in the US, UK, China, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, and Spain. However, they are expanding and soon it will be available in other countries as well.
Let’s take a deeper look at what Apple Pay is all about and How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone:
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone
For all those purchases through Apple Pay, all you have to do is Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. Once done, with just a touch of the Home button and a scan of your fingerprint, all your purchases can be made.
Before we proceed with the method, make sure to comply with the following needs in advance:
- You should have an iCloud account.
- Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above.
- You need to have a credit or debit card from any bank that supports Apple Pay. However, Apple Pay currently works with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- A Touch ID is compulsory. So make sure your fingerprint is registered with the Touch ID feature. Even though the iPhone 5S has Touch ID, it doesn’t support Apple Pay.
- You should have iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. However, for in-app purchases, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 can work. Apple Pay also works with Apple Watch. Basically, all those devices which contain NFC Controller support Apple Pay.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone by Adding Card
Now, you need to synchronize your debit or credit card with Apple Pay to initiate purchases via Apple Pay. Take a look at the steps:
- Tap on the Wallet app from your Home screen.
- On the extreme right- hand corner, you can see a + button, tap on it.
- The Apple Pay screen will open up. Click on the Next button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Here, you can either manually input your card details or take a photo of the front of the card, i.e. scan your card details.
- After this, click on Next on the Card Details screen.
- You need to manually enter your card information. It will ask for your card's expiration date and the security code. To proceed further, click Next.
- You can view all the terms and conditions and tap Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree again for final confirmation.
- Select your verification method, i.e. either via an email, text, or call and tap next to continue.
- Click on the Enter Code and now enter the verification code that has been sent to you. Click on Next.
- Every bank has a different procedure when it comes to the authorization of the added card. In case your bank or issuer asks for more information, you need to provide the same.
- As soon as your bank verifies your card, Apple Pay will start functioning. Tap Done to finish.
You can add up to eight cards on any device. Follow the same process to add more cards. So, next time you shop, just hold your iPhone near a contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
The wallet will be launched automatically. Your fingerprint and a small beep or vibration will confirm that you made the payment correctly.
Note- In case you experience any hindrance while adding your card, the only solution is to re-enter all the information again.
Removing a Card
It may happen that due to certain reasons you would like to remove your card. Removing a credit or debit card is comparatively simpler than adding it. Take a look at the steps:
- Launch the Wallet app from your Home Screen.
- Select the credit card that you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the option “Remove Card” and tap on it.
And you are done! The card will no longer be available or authorized to be used with Apple Pay on your iPhone. However, if the same card is synced with other Apple devices, you need to remove them manually on each of them.
Precisely speaking, Apple Pay is more or less like Paytm. Though, it may seem to be a difficult process initially, but is a venture that is completely worth it. Apple Pay anyway is more secure and convenient than a traditional card-based transaction.
Usually what you do is while making a payment by card, swipe your card, then wait for few seconds to receive authorization and when the transaction gets cleared, the shopkeeper hands over the receipt and you walk out of the store with the stuff bought.
But in actual, if we look at the backend management before your receipt gets printed, the things aren’t that straightforward.
Apple pay simplifies this task on both the entities, i.e. consumer and the company. Moreover, Apple Pay helps to reduce the associated costs to the issuing bank.
No more digging through the wallet to find credit or debit cards. With How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone, just install Apple Pay and enjoy shopping like never before!
How to Unlock a Locked Phone?
Do you want to know how to unlock a phone?
I am not talking about the password, pattern or fingerprint lock on your device. But the lock comes with the device itself called carrier lock.
If you bought a phone exclusively from a telecom operator for a low price, you would know what I am talking about.
In this article, I want to give you complete information on how to unlock a locked phone.
I hope you are ready to get deep into the article now. So, here you go!
How to Unlock a Locked Phone?
Comparing with the pattern or PIN lock, unlocking a carrier lock will need more effort and time for you. And the procedures are different for different carriers as well.
What does an Unlocked Phone Means?
Maybe you are new to this whole locked phone stuff. So let me explain it to you.
Some operators sell expensive phones like iPhones for a cheap price in return for a contract that lasts for a particular period say two years. That means you need to use their telecom service for the next two years after you buy the device from them.
Once you set out to remove their SIM card and try to insert another from the separate network operator, it won’t work until the set contract period gets finished. The fact is that a particular unit contains a secret software code, which is responsible for the lock.
The manufacturer itself does the code integration into the unit upon the request of the network carrier. You can’t do much about it at once.
So, what is an unlocked phone?
A phone with no carrier constraint is called an unlocked phone no matter what it was locked in the past.
Why does a Carrier Lock a Device?
I have already told you the reason. They provide you with an expensive unit for a cheaper price. In return, all they want is you as a customer for a given period. They make up the discount in price for the device from the profit in service.
Is My Phone Unlocked?
You may have a question in your mind now ‘is my phone unlocked?’.
No geeky brain is needed to figure it out. Just pull out the SIM card on your phone and, insert another. If you get signals for the second SIM, you know it is unlocked. In case you don’t, your phone is carrier-locked.
How to Unlock a Phone?
As I said earlier, you need to incorporate different methods to unlock phones from different carriers. You can find how it can be done for a few operators here.
According to the company, their 4G LTE devices aren’t locked. So, you don’t need assistance in using other SIM cards on such phones.
They don’t have an online unlock request receiving system. But you can place a request via 1-800-711-8300.
Though most of the 3G devices of Verizon aren’t locked, you will have to enter either 000000 or 123456. Until you do the same, third-party operator compatibility will remain a mirage.
For the special world devices, technical support is needed for the process of unlocking. You can seek help from (800) 922-0204 also.
Unlike the previous operator, AT&T offers an online request receiving system.
But you must be sure about the following things before you place a request for unlocking the device.
- The device should be from At&T
- You must be their subscriber
- The device should have been active for the last two months
- You don’t have an unpaid balance or due
- The device shouldn’t be reported stolen or lost
- Make sure you made less than five requests last year.
Once you come to the terms, you can fill this form out to place a request. Generally, it would take up to five business days to complete the process.
Even though they don’t provide unlock-over-the-phone service, you can seek their assistance via 1-800-331-0500. If you have a prepaid connection, the period of activity is the whole year.
When it comes to unlocking a phone from Sprint, you must follow all the bullet-point guidelines beneath the previous subhead, but with a couple of slight differences. The period of activity is 50 days and the maximum requests per year are two on contrary to two months and five requests of AT&T.
Sprint phones manufactured before 2015 can’t be unlocked according to the company. But those after that year aren’t impossible to unlock. You need to call talk with their customer care executive either via phone ((888) 211-4727) or online chat.
If you are a person who is about to go abroad and wants to get the phone unlocked, you are eligible to request a short-term unlocking provided you meet the guidelines. First, you need to sign in to your account, then follow My account>> Manage this device>> Unlock device to use int’l SIM.
T-Mobile too wants you to be a good customer who follows a bunch of guidelines. Everything is similar to that of Sprint. But here T-Mobile has an additional instruction that clients who are on a service contract should have made at least 18 monthly payments.
The prepaid phone should be active at least for a year to request for unlocking. And, you should have done $25 (for feature phones) or $100 (for smartphones) refill within that period to be eligible.
Unlike the other three carriers I have shared, T-Mobile has a dedicated unlocking app, which clears the air. In case you prefer customer support, call 611 from your T-Mobile connection.
I hope you now know how to unlock a locked phone.
Obviously, there are third-party offline and online services for the same unlocking purposes. If you know of anything legitimate, you are invited to mention the same in the comment section down below.
In case you get confused, don’t forget to let me know about the issue in the comment section down below.
In the meantime, feel free to share this post on social media.
How to Turn off Voice Control on your iPhone?
Siri is much more than Apple's virtual digital assistant. Not only, it responses to your questions with the best possible information or answers but it even helps to organize your life to a large extent. Then, there’s another side of the coin too.
From failures of understanding to difficulty with accents to annoying interrupting requests, a lot of users get annoyed with Siri. How to turn off voice over is the most frequently asked question by Apple users in such a situation.
The Voice Control framework was initially presented in iOs 3.2 on the iPhone 3GS. With time and new models, it has been superseded by Siri, a more adaptable framework that uses Apple's servers for voice handling, yet Voice Control is still in wide utilize and has its own focal points.
Voice calling seems good if you are the one who calls out a contact from your address book, but then turning off Siri has its own benefits. Apple iPhone users have always complained about the battery life of the iPhone.
So, turning off Siri prevents the battery drainage. Secondly, it prevents unnecessary actions, like sending a text that you didn’t intend to do.
In case you are having problems with the iPhone inadvertently while dialing phone numbers through Voice Control, you can deactivate the Voice Dial feature on iPhone. Let’s take a look at the ways via which you can turn off voice command Siri:
Turn off Siri's Voice to Text Only
Siri speaking can be distracting at times, or it may not always be feasible to speak to Siri. You may be in a formal meeting or at a place where you cannot converse via speaking to Siri.
In that case, resorting to text is the best option available. Take a look at how do you turn off voice control so its text only:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri and tap on Voice Feedback.
- In the resulting window, select Handsfree Only.
Everything remains the same, it’s just that whenever you ask a question, you'll get the same response as always, but only as text and without Siri's voice.
Note- Don’t start the conversation by saying “Hey Siri”, as in that case, Siri will respond by speaking. Rather initiate by double-pressing the Home button.
Disable “Hey Siri”
Apple’s personal digital assistant service, Siri works by voice alone and without the need to touch your device, in case the “Hey Siri” option is enabled.
In the older versions of iOS, all iPhone, and iPad owners can use Hey Siri only when their devices are plugged into a power connection, and those with the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s plus, etc. can use Hey Siri at any time, even when not plugged in.
Now in case, you are annoyed by Hey Siri requests or for whatever reasons if you want to disable Siri, you can do it via:
- Go to Settings > General > Siri.
- You will see an option Hey Siri, which is enabled by default.
- Just tap on it and turn it off.
- Save the changes and you are done!
Note- For the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, turning off Hey Siri disables the voice-only activation of the feature. Now you need to operate Siri manually.
How to Turn off Voice Over
Voiceover is a function and not an app. You can use Voiceover in most of the iOS apps like Safari, Text messaging and email, etc. By default, this option is disabled on your iPhone and iPad. Now in case you have enabled this option and want to disable it now, take a look at the steps to disable voice control:
- Go to Settings App.
- Choose General.
- Tap Accessibility and select Voiceover.
- Double-tap the Voiceover slider to turn it off.
And you are done! However, there is one easier way to do this. Take a look at how to turn off voiceover:
- Just simply tap the Home button three times.
- You will hear the “Voiceover off” audio message then it will be turned off.
But many people have reported that this method doesn’t work on their iOs. So, in such a case resort to Method 1 and turn off it manually via the Settings app.
Turn off Siri via Settings
There is no denying that Siri is one of the most useful features in the Apple iPhone. But still for whatever reasons, if you want to turn it off, take a look at the process of how to disable voice control:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click on “General.”
- There you will see an option “Siri.” Tap on it.
- Simply turn the switch “OFF.”
- A box pops up. Confirm that you want to disable Siri.
- And that’s it! You are done.
Disable Voice Control via Passcode
You can deactivate voice control by setting a lock screen passcode and disabling voice dialing. Take a look at the steps on how to turn voice control off:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the iPhone.
- Scroll down to the option “Passcode Lock.” Switch on the Passcode Lock.
- The passcode screen will appear. Type a four-digit passcode in the Passcode fields.
- Now, slide the “Voice Dial” switch to the “Off” position.
Voice Control is now disabled when the phone is locked, and voice dialing is disabled, too. In crux, this will still allow Voice Control to be activated, but will not inadvertently dial any phone numbers.
It completely depends on the usage and preference. While some find the feature of voice control useful, others find this as a hindrance.
Voice Control can be incredible until it begins pocket dialing your contacts while you're strolling. For all those, who find this feature annoying can follow these simple steps listed above on how to turn off voice over.
However, the voice control feature is integrated into the iOs and cannot be disabled in the phone preferences. You can, however, deactivate voice control and enjoy the uninterrupted usage of your iPhone.
How to Ask for Someone’s Phone Number Officially on Facebook?
How to Fix Dns Server Not Responding?
How to Change the Primary Gmail Account of an Android Device?
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tech2 years ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Tech2 years ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Computers3 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Mac2 years ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tech2 years ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Find New Movies On Netflix
Mac1 year ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?