Taking screenshots is one of the most popular activities that people do these days, be it for fun or some other useful purpose. A screenshot technically is a mere image that captures your whole screen. Moreover, it serves a variety of purposes.
With this facility, you can save the images that aren’t available for download and much more. Hence, each and every one of us should know how to take a screenshot on PC. If you are using Windows 10, here is how to take a screenshot on Windows 10.
#1 How to Take Screenshot on PC
1. Locate the print screen button on your keyboard and click on it. This button may be labeled as “PrtScn“, “Print Scrn” or “Print Scr” on your desktop keyboards whereas on your laptop keyboards it will be labeled as “Fn” or “Function“.
To capture a screenshot on PC or Laptop, all you need to Press and hold the Windows Key and then press PrtScn Key.
2. Once the screenshot has been taken, go to any of the editors and paste it. It is mostly pasted in “Paint”. To paste, simply right click on the work area and in the menu that appears, select “Paste”; or just use a hotkey combination of Ctrl + V. This will help you to save it as an image file (bitmap) which can be easily transferred. You can save the file very quickly in any format you prefer, among the various other available options.
3. If you don’t want to go to some other program to save the screenshot, in Windows 8 you can just click the Windows Key + Prt Sc. The screenshot will be directly saved in a PNG format in the “screenshots” named folder.
So this was all about how do you take a screenshot on PC using the simple keyboard shortcuts. If you wanted to take screenshot of a webpage on Google Chrome, you don’t need any kind of app for it. Here is how to take a screenshot on Google Chrome.
#2 How to take a Screenshot on PC
Here we will teach you how do you screen shot on a PC, of a single window:
1. To take a screenshot of just one window of your screen, make sure that the window is opened along with other active windows if any.
2. Hold down the Alt button and press the Prt Sc button on the keyboard. Again there won’t be any notification informing that a screenshot has been taken.
3. You can save this screenshot by following the same steps mentioned in the above method like saving through programs like paint or by the Windows Key + Prt Sc method.
#3 How to Screenshot On a Computer
Here, you will learn how to screenshot on PC using the Windows snippet tool:
1. You can take a screenshot by using the “snippet tool” which is freely available to use in all versions of Windows Vista, 7 and 8. It isn’t available in the Starter and Basic editions and Windows XP.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7, you can find the snipping tool in the Start menu – click on all programs, click on accessories after that and you can see the snipping tool option.
For Windows 8 just search the “snipping tool” in the start screen, and you can select the tool from the search result(s) that appear.
2. The next step is to select the shape of the snip as per your requirements by clicking on the “arrow button” that is placed next to the “new button”.
There are 4 options. In “Free-form Snip” you can snip any area, in any shape you want just by drawing a shape with your mouse. You can select “Rectangular Snip” if you want to select a rectangular area. If there is a particular window that you want to be snipped, then select the “Window Snip” option.
By selecting “Full-screen Snip,” you can get a snip of the entire screen with all the windows except the Snipping Tool window.
3. There is a red border on all your snips that is set by default. Just click on the “options button” and in that menu, there’s an option to change the color. You can disable this border altogether by un-checking the box next to the text “Show selection ink after snips are captured”.
4. Start a new snip by clicking on “New button”. This will lead to the fading of the screen after which you can select the area you want to snip, window or the entire screen at your convenience.
5. The snip you create will open in a new window through which you can make notes, draw on it using the “pen tool” and also draw attention to it through tools like “highlight tool”. You can even erase the annotations by using the “erase tool”.
6. Now just save the snip by clicking on the floppy disk icon that will open up a “save” dialog box. Or use a hotkey combination of Ctrl + S.
#4 How to Do a Screenshot On a PC
1. Just download and install “PicPick” app from the PicPick homepage.
2. Open the app by clicking on the start menu, navigating and selecting the PicPick app and for Windows 8 click on the start key that leads to the start screen. In the bottom left there is a down arrow, click on it and press Ctrl+Tab or access Apps View by swiping downwards from the middle of the display. Select PicPick.
3. There are 4 options to select just like in the Snippet tool in the “Screen Capture” section. Along with the free-form, rectangular, window, and full screenshots options there are also options to fix-region and scroll windows.
4. Select the area properly using the mouse exactly like that in the snippet tool.
5. You can make various edits like cropping the image, etc. and save it by clicking on the “file” option in the top left corner. You can click on the “Save as” option and save the screenshot wherever you want as well as in any format. You can otherwise directly share the screenshot by clicking on the cloud icon.
If you took screenshot to post it somewhere or if you wanted to add any text, graphic or anything on the screenshot, you can do it on Photoshop. Here is how to Photoshop a Picture.
There had been a lot of hustle about – how do I take a screenshot on my PC. Although this trick is very simple and can be executed in no time, many people still do not know how to take a screenshot on PC.