Apple pay is Apple’s mobile payment service. In simpler words with Apple Pay, you can make payments via iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and all the latest versions.
Apple Watch owners can make payments using NFC chip built into their devices. It made its debut on 20 October 2014.
Since the day it has been launched, it has been growing at a spectacular rate. The ease and convenience that it offers are simply unmatchable.
And with all this hype around this amazing feature, a lot of iPhone users have been going gaga about how to use apple pay.
With Apple Pay, it has become much easier for you to pay for your purchases, both physical and online. All you have to do is pay for all those goods and services you have bought from the retail stores or the apparel you shopped from your favorite clothing store via your Apple iPhone.
With Apple Pay, the security of the card is given the main preference. Apple creates a “device-only account number” to operate Apple Pay. It doesn’t store your credit or debit card number and does not even give the number to companies or traders. It is known as Tokenization.
Apple Pay is presently only available in the US, UK, China, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, and Spain. However, they are expanding and soon it will be available in other countries as well.
Let’s take a deeper look at what Apple Pay is all about and How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone:
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone
For all those purchases through Apple Pay, all you have to do is Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. Once done, with just a touch of the Home button and a scan of your fingerprint, all your purchases can be made.
Before we proceed with the method, make sure to comply with the following needs in advance:
- You should have an iCloud account.
- Your iPhone needs to be running iOS 8.3 or above.
- You need to have a credit or debit card from any bank that supports Apple Pay. However, Apple Pay currently works with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- A Touch ID is compulsory. So make sure your fingerprint is registered with the Touch ID feature. Even though the iPhone 5S has Touch ID, it doesn’t support Apple Pay.
- You should have iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. However, for in-app purchases, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 can work. Apple Pay also works with Apple Watch. Basically, all those devices which contain NFC Controller support Apple Pay.
How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone by Adding Card
Now, you need to synchronize your debit or credit card with Apple Pay to initiate purchases via Apple Pay. Take a look at the steps:
- Tap on the Wallet app from your Home screen.
- On the extreme right- hand corner, you can see a + button, tap on it.
- The Apple Pay screen will open up. Click on the Next button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Here, you can either manually input your card details or take a photo of the front of the card, i.e. scan your card details.
- After this, click on Next on the Card Details screen.
- You need to manually enter your card information. It will ask for your card’s expiration date and the security code. To proceed further, click Next.
- You can view all the terms and conditions and tap Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree again for final confirmation.
- Select your verification method, i.e. either via an email, text, or call and tap next to continue.
- Click on the Enter Code and now enter the verification code that has been sent to you. Click on Next.
- Every bank has a different procedure when it comes to the authorization of the added card. In case your bank or issuer asks for more information, you need to provide the same.
- As soon as your bank verifies your card, Apple Pay will start functioning. Tap Done to finish.
You can add up to eight cards on any device. Follow the same process to add more cards. So, next time you shop, just hold your iPhone near a contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
The wallet will be launched automatically. Your fingerprint and a small beep or vibration will confirm that you made the payment correctly.
Note- In case you experience any hindrance while adding your card, the only solution is to re-enter all the information again.
Removing a Card
It may happen that due to certain reasons you would like to remove your card. Removing a credit or debit card is comparatively simpler than adding it. Take a look at the steps:
- Launch the Wallet app from your Home Screen.
- Select the credit card that you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the option “Remove Card” and tap on it.
And you are done! The card will no longer be available or authorized to be used with Apple Pay on your iPhone. However, if the same card is synced with other Apple devices, you need to remove them manually on each of them.
Precisely speaking, Apple Pay is more or less like Paytm. Though, it may seem to be a difficult process initially, but is a venture that is completely worth it. Apple Pay anyway is more secure and convenient than a traditional card-based transaction.
Usually what you do is while making a payment by card, swipe your card, then wait for few seconds to receive authorization and when the transaction gets cleared, the shopkeeper hands over the receipt and you walk out of the store with the stuff bought.
But in actual, if we look at the backend management before your receipt gets printed, the things aren’t that straightforward.
Apple pay simplifies this task on both the entities, i.e. consumer and the company. Moreover, Apple Pay helps to reduce the associated costs to the issuing bank.
No more digging through the wallet to find credit or debit cards. With How to Setup Apple Pay on iPhone, just install Apple Pay and enjoy shopping like never before!
How to Close Apps on iPhone
The 21st century has seen a revolution in the technology coming out in the form of the mobile applications. The increase in the number of start-ups and new companies joining the race to provide an app-based solution for existing problems in the market has resulted in the increase in a number of mobile applications.
Mobile users tend to download a lot of mobile applications irrespective of whether they would continue using them or not. This leads to a lot of problems in the mobile devices like the mobile getting stuck, the mobile suddenly getting auto switched off and a lot of such things.
In the last article, I have very briefly discussed how to get rid of viruses on your Mac devices and recommended a few tools to overcome malicious software issues. In this article, I will discuss how do you avoid your iPhone getting stuck and how to close apps on iPhone, which is the major factor influencing the phone becoming slow.
If you are planning to update your iPhone, backing up the iPhone is really helpful and things get even better when you have the iCloud account as well. Here is how to backup iPhone to iCloud.
How to Close Apps on iPhone – in Simple Steps
At the first place, it is not at all recommendable to be using multiple apps at the same time. Are you aware of what problems does it lead to?
- Decrease in the speed of the phone usability
- Decrease in the phone performance
- The iPhone sometimes getting stuck
- The common problem most of the iPhone users might have experienced is the phone getting auto switched off
So now the questions which are essential to be answered by the user are, It is really essential to be using multiple apps at the same time? If yes what is the solution to it? If no, what will you have to do to keep your phone optimized and speed.
- If there is no need for multiple applications, please close those applications which you are not using at that point in time.
- If you are not using any application, please ensure you close all the application and help your phone being optimized.
Now I will closely take you through a few simple steps on how to close apps on iPhone device.
Closing apps on iPhone aren’t tough now let’s go through How do you force close an application on your iPhone
This has been a common problem among all the iPhone users that the applications stop responding when you are using them. Sometimes you also get a message asking you if you want to close them and sometimes even if you want to you won’t be able to do so.
SO what do you do when the application is not responding to you. Here is the answer, you can go ahead and forcefully close the application, these few steps below will help you understand how you close the iPhone apps forcefully.
If you have any apps that you don’t want other people to see, here is How to Hide Apps on iPhone.
If the application turns out to be unresponsive during the time of your use and if your Apple iPhone or iPad still responds to your commands then you can force close the apps
You will quickly have to press the home button two times you will now get a screen which appears with a preview of all the apps you recently used. Once you see the recently used applications, you will have to keep swiping left to understand and find out which is the application you are looking at closing. You will have to select the app you would want to close and swipe towards the upward direction on the screen
Most of the time these is never a need where you would have to close your apps till they turn out to be unresponsive, if you click on the home button twice you might as well find the apps which are not open which means they are in standby mode which in turn helps you fasten the process of navigation on the phone and be a multitasking user.
Now the question that rises is how can you manage to prevent the applications running in the background. Even if you close the applications, there are a few of those which remain in the background and keep running.
The recent improvisation in the same by Apple by introducing multitasking has been a real useful thing to the Apple users. Since then users have seen a decrease in the number of problems faced.
There is a feature called background app refresh, what it does is allows the applications to search for updates. How do you deal with such things is by disabling the feature background refresh for those apps you feel are not supposed to run in the background.
Why the apps are running in the background are for the absolute need and the way they are developed to meet the users need of being updated at every moment.
For example, you are watching something on youtube on your Apple phone, and you stop watching it in the between the video still keeps streaming and buffering in the background, what you can do in such cases is either disable the background refresh feature for those apps or ensure that you close them once you finish using them.
How to close all the apps on iPhone and how to keep the background inactive
- Hit on the settings option on your iPhone
- Select the General
- Choose Background app refresh under the General option
- Choose those apps you want to disable this feature for and put the feature off
I am sure how to turn off apps on iPhone is the problems discussed above and is one of the few frequent once you might have been facing from the time you have been since this has been a common problem not just in those phones with the Android operating system but all the iPhones.
Apple devices evolved and so did they gradually see the decrease in these problems, but the problem is still prevalent. The steps which I have discussed must have helped you understand how you force close the apps on your iPhone and how you prevent apps running in the background which consumes a lot of RAM.
As an iPhone user, what is one thing that really bothers you? If I am not wrong, it is the Battery. So, here is How to save iPhone battery.
In the next article, I will discuss how you can use the Apple applications more efficiently and which are the most basic iPhone applications you might want to have.
How To Backup iPad
iPad is one of the most common devices in today’s digital world. Most of the techies love to work on this gadget, and the most common query that most iPad users ask is – How to backup iPad? To keep your crucial data like documents, photographs, and account settings safe and secure, people always look forward to finding ways to back up the data in a secure location.
Apple, with its awesome features, makes things really plain sailing for users to create an awesome backup environment through iCloud. It is one of the lightest applications in the digital realm that helps users to save their information with just a few clicks.
See Also: How to Reset Apple ID Password Easily
If the iCloud back up is turned on in your system, then the automatic backup takes place over the internet. When anything goes wrong, the application connects your iPad with iCloud and helps the information to be restored to your device. If you have been thinking that there is some kind of rocket science behind the mechanism to back up your iPad, you are absolutely wrong.
The intent behind developing iCloud is to give the users assurance that their data is completely safe and secure.
Setting up iCloud Backup offers peace of mind to know that your iPad’s information is being kept safe. You don’t need to do anything at all if iCloud Backup is turned on: your iPad takes care of the backup all by itself. If your iCloud is simply switched on, there is nothing to worry about as it is very easy for users to stay back at their home and enjoy the security.
See Also: How to Restore iPhone from Backup?
How to Backup iPad – in Simple Steps
Now let us understand the steps for how to back up an iPad:
Before turning on iCloud backup, you have to first make sure that you are properly logged into iCloud. Tap the Settings app on the home screen and select iCloud for the settings you see in the sidebar on the left. But remember that you should be signed into iCloud to make it very handy for the technology to get all the tasks done like a cakewalk.
Now, you may simply scroll down and hit on the Backup button to go ahead.
How to back up iPad should not more be a concern as you’re all set to go once you sign in. There may be chances that you may not see the iCloud window in the first instance, but you will find the login screen from Apple ID and Password to activate iCloud. The Apple ID and password is the login id used for the Apple store to download apps and other things.
Now, click on the ‘sign in’ button and wait until the iPad connects to the iCloud. Now, hit the green button of the backup icon.
Turn on iCloud Backup
After selecting the ‘backup’ button, an alert will pop up notifying you to start the iCloud backup. Now, you may click on OK, and the process of backup will start. Whenever iCloud is connected to the internet, the backup process will begin. And if you want to take up the backup right now, you have to click on the Backup Now option on the screen.
What is Backed Up?
iCloud Backup stores all sorts of photos you have clicked on the iPad. The best part is that it also secures your documents and account settings. You can segregate what needs to be backed up. So, go to Settings-iCloud. But remember, if you want to back up your emails, then you need to have an account with @iCloud.com account.
Any music, apps and movies that you purchased from the iCloud account cannot be taken as backup onto the iCloud, but ensure that you can re-download it from Apple store – that too completely free of cost if you lose them.
You may go to Settings >iCloud >Storage >Manage Storage. Here, the window will show all the stored content in the iCloud and how much space has been occupied by the available 5GB space.
How to Get More iCloud Space?
Let’s say; your usage is really high, and your plan is to back up multiple Apple devices, and the free 5GB data is not sufficient. Then, you have to buy more space.
If you really want to buy, then you have to go to Settings – iCloud – Storage – Change Storage Plan and very easily you may get up to 1TB of storage on the purchase. In case, your data and usage are enough, and you feel that 5GB is sufficient, then you can stick to it, and there’s no need to spend extra money on it.
See Also: How to Backup iPhone to iCloud?
Hope the article helps you with the right solution for the most prominent query you keep on asking yourself each day if you are an iPhone user i.e. “How to backup iPad to iCloud”? You no more have to be concerned and keep thinking ‘how do I back up my iPad?’ Whenever you store any data, may be official or personal, just be relieved that you are safe in the able hands of Apple.
Many competitors have tried the same stuff. Apple iCloud also faced a lot of negativities in the market, but once on the path of success, resistance is inevitable.
Since its inception, iCloud has managed to cater to loyal and satisfied consumer base and take the brand reputation to the next level. The best part is that iCloud is a single solution to multiple iPhone devices – not only iPad.
Now that backing up your important data on your iPad is very easy, you can go ahead with saving all that you want without worrying about security issues or loss of data.
You can also brief this simple procedure to your friends who own iPad so that they can also perform the simple backup regularly and make the most out of their Apple gadget. If you know more such tips for using iPads, share your views in the comments section here so that our readers can also be enlightened.
How to Jailbreak iPad
We’ve been receiving a lot of requests on Apple’s line of products (Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, and Apple Mac) -reasonably so since the Apple iPad is one of the most popular high-performance tablets out there. Built into it is the Apple trademarkediOS operating system, which brings with it seamless performance and a graceful interface.
It is easily one of the most premium tablets in the world and goes unchallenged as a personal branding accessory. Today, we decided to discuss one of the most commonly asked questions: how to jailbreak iPad?
Apple iPad was first launched in 2010, kick-starting the tablet industry and revolutionizing the world as we see it today. However, the basic iPad released by Apple is sometimes short of expectations and wants of the people who buy it.
Apple’s app store policy stops you from downloading and installing third-party apps and custom interfaces –creating a wall between the Apple iPad’s actual possibilities and abilities. This makes owning an Apple iPad a little bit of a disappointment to those who are more used to the freedom of the Android OS based tablets.
So, if you have an Apple iPad and aren’t happy with the base features and apps – the jailbreak software hack can help your Apple iPad“break” out of the “jail” created by company policy and integrate new and different features and apps on to your iPad
It’s a really simple process, but before we get into it, let’s look at the Jailbreak concept. Jailbreaking an Apple iPad is a process through which you can remove the restrictions on it by using jailbreak software. It’s done using a software available for free online called Pangu 9.
Something to keep in mind before you go ahead with Jailbreaking is that the process of Jailbreaking an Apple iPad removes all warranties and guarantees on the device if you can’t restore it to its factory specifications i.e. its non-jailbroken state.
You can use iTunes to do this, but there’s a small chance that it won’t work if you’ve messed with the base OS too much – so there’s something to contemplate and think about.
Before doing anything for Jailbreaking the iPad, make sure you have the backup of iPad. Here is how to Backup iPad.
How to Jailbreak IPad in Simplest Way
We’ve compiled this step-by-step process for those of you with the questions “how to jailbreak iPod 4?”, “How to jailbreak iPod touch”, “how to jailbreak an iPad”, “how to jailbreak iPad 2”, “how to jailbreak an iPod”, or anything in the general area of jailbreaking Apple iOS products.Here’s our guide:
- Disable the Passcode and Touch ID unlock. Navigate to Settings and tap Touch ID & Passcode and disable it.
- Switch on your Airplane Mode.To do this, swipe up and tap the airplane icon.
- Connect your iPad to your computer. Pangu 9 is only compatible with Windows, so keep this in mind. To connect your iPad to your computer, switch on the “Find My Apple iPad” located in Settings under the iCloud tab.
- Backup your Apple iPad on iTunes so that you can restore the factory settings later on.
- Download Pangu 9, the free software used to jailbreak Apple iOS products.Pangu 9 has the ability to jailbreak all Apple products using iOS, including iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS9.0.2.
- Launch Pangu 9 with your iPad connected and click “Start” to initiate the Jailbreak process.
- Your device should restart.Wait for it to reboot and navigate your home screen until you find two new icons in your app tray named “Pangu” and “WWDC.” Since your Apple iPad restarted, you will need to turn on Airplane mode again; once it’s on, tap the “Pangu” App and the Jailbreak process should continue.
- When it asks to grant access to the Photos app, comply by tapping correspondingly on your gadget
- That’s it! Your Apple iPad/iPod is now jailbroken! Time to turn it back to its original functionality.
- Turn on Touch ID and Passcode, and turn off Airplane mode and Find My Apple iPad features to get it back to its normal (but now jailbroken) state.
A new app icon will have appeared once you’ve finished the ten steps above – you now have access to Cydia, the unofficial app store for iOS.
Cydia has all the applications that aren’t allowed into the Apple iStore and allows you to install new apps and features that are just not available on the Apple App Store. You can take your time to explore it to find the enhancements and apps that best suit the usage of your jailbrokenApple iPad.
Exploring the features of Cydia might take a while, but it is well worth it. Thousands of applications from games to religious apps are available, and you still have access to the Apple App Store with Cydia installed.
Find the right balance between the two and you should be one happy Apple iPad user. You can start messing around with the interface first since that’s the core reason to jailbreak an iPad.
Wanted to delete photos from iPad? Here is How To Delete Photos From iPad
But follow your own pace and style – you should soon have an amazing iPhone that’s unique from all others. Don’t be afraid of messing up – either you can restore your iPad to its base non-jailbroken state by doing a factory reset or restore using iTunes. So, start altering your Apple iPad experience to make it as awesome as you!
Exploring Cydia can be a time-consuming process, but it is well worth it. A lot of the apps are paid, but free apps and features are available as well to help you customize to a large extent.
Although some may say that jailbreak is now becoming obsolete with new apps being launched on the Apple iOS App Store – Cydia nonetheless it holds its own for those who love to have it all.
It’s been a pleasure writing this article, and we hope you found it both informative and fun to read. Jailbreaking an iPad or iPod isn’t an extremely difficult task, nor is it extremely risky; so go ahead and enjoy messing with Apple Inc.’s industry-leading tablets. In case you would want to share your experiences or tips with us, drop in your comments in the comments section, for all the readers.
How to Reset Apple TV
Apple TV is getting better with each iteration. In its latest avatar, it is possible to dictate letters and numbers into password and email fields using the Siri remote.
This makes it easy to set up the device and sign up for new services. Apple employees seem to work with ‘never let go’ attitude and have nailed the hardware and software to a large extent. Hardware is no doubt impressive, but software has everything that was expected- the new screensavers, Siri integration, and the new OS layout.
The app switcher has also been redesigned with a right-to-left swiping navigation that’s similar to that used in iOS. Apps and games have slowly been trickling through the door as well.
The latest Apple TV model comes in two sizes, and this is the first time that Apple has given a choice; else they were coming only with one model with no option to choose. Now, if you are wondering how to reset Apple TV in these models then chill. When it comes to Apple TV reset, both models are same.
Both models have access to Apple TV apps; both have a remote, which has a touchpad and dedicated Siri button and for both you have to learn the same steps for how to restore Apple TV.
The only difference is one is 32 GB, and the other is 64 GB and so there is some difference in cost too. So, all you need to decide is only on these two features. When it comes to performance and Apple TV restore, it is same in both the models.
You should also see how to Setup and Use Apple TV to its fuller capability.
How to Reset Apple Tv in Simple Steps
Let’s now see how to restart Apple TV.
- Open Settings on Apple TV
- On Apple TV (4th generation), select Settings > System > Reset.
- On Apple TV (2nd and 3rd Generation), select Settings > General > Reset.
- When you reach reset, you have the option of choosing either of the following.
- Select Reset All Settings: This is the fastest way of performing how to reset Apple TV, but this will erase all the settings, including your accounts, apps, and configuration is done by you. To do this, you don’t need an Internet connection.
- Select Restore to Factory Settings: This will require an internet connection. Apple TV will check for updates and download and install them in case there are any.
The reset or restore process takes some time. You need to be patient and keep your Apple TV plugged into power until it’s complete. Once it is done, you will have to download your previously purchased apps again from the App store; obviously, they will be downloaded for free this time.
- What to do if your Apple TV is not restarting? Try to follow these steps.
- Using your Siri remote for generation fourth or Apple TV Remote, hold down the menu and home buttons and release when Apple TV blinking light flashes.
- For the aluminium or white Apple remote, hold down the menu and down buttons, and release only when Apple TV light blinking starts.
- If still your Apple TV is not restarting, try unplugging it from power, and plug back again.
- Sometimes, it happens that Apple TV keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason. It can be quite frustrating and annoying to see that when you put a program on pause and come back a few minutes later, you find that you are back at the icon screen.
At such times, check if any update has come and also check your connections. If you are having Apple’s newest set-top box, then an occasional bug here and there is inevitable. However, there are few easy ways to troubleshoot pesky apps and system quirks.
- If any Apple TV app is misbehaving, then you can force quit it by pressing and holding the Menu button on your Siri remote.
- If the problem persists, force restarts your device by going to Settings > System > Restart.
- Still not resolved? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the misbehaving app.
- Try to reach out to the developer through chat if you are having trouble getting a video or audio content from a particular channel or provider. Apple provides the list of contact information for content providers for the most popular services supported on its device.
- Sometimes, moving back to factory settings solves the issue, but please keep in mind that it will erase all local content that is not backed up to iCloud.
- If your Apple TV is completely unresponsive, after going through all these, then perhaps it is time to connect it to your computer and force a restore via iTunes. Here’s how to do so.
- Plug your Apple TV into your computer using a USB-C to USB cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Select the Apple TV from the Devices menu, and click on Restore Apple TV.
After performing these steps nine out of ten times, your problem will be sorted, but if you are the tenth one then better book your appointment with the nearby Apple store and let the professionals take care of your gadget. You will be required to give the serial number for that, which can be found in the following manner.
- If your Apple TV boots, go to Settings > General > About (or Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth > Remote for your Siri Remote’s serial number).
- If your Apple TV is bricked, you need to connect it to your Mac via USB-C cable and opening iTunes.
- No signal or whatever the problem is – are you not able to find the serial number? Turn it over and the serial number is right there at the bottom of the device below the FCC symbols and information.
Though it is in very fine print, still you can somehow read it using your glasses or the magnifying glass if you have eye power.
Do you know about AirPlay? Have you used it? If no, here is how to use AirPlay on Mac.
Apple TV is a terrific little gadget, which is continuously on the road of improvement. We don’t know what the future apps will be like or what will be the quality of games, but the developers at Apple seem to be determined to conquer the new territories as and when they come.
How to Use Airplay on Mac
Watching something on a big screen is what we used televisions for, and we still do, but with so many technologies coming in today we have a lot of options on how we can watch other things on TV over us watching something that the TV served us then.
The world is moving towards mobile today, and it’s going to be completely mobile in a span few years. Whatever we do today, we want to relate it to mobile and try it on a mobile.
Also learn to reset the Apple TV because sometimes Apple TV don’t work the way they should work. That time, you may need to reset the Apple TV. Here is how to reset Apple TV.
This article will help you understand how to use Airplay on Mac; also, I will take you through the basics of how to set up Airplay on Mac, and what are the bare minimum requirements to use Airplay on Mac.
What Is Airplay?
Airplay is an Apple-developed technology, which enables the users to stream music, videos and photos on Airport Express.
What are the minimum requirements to use Airplay on Mac?
To know the minimum requirements, follow these steps:
- Get to the Apple menu
- Click on System Preferences
- Select the Display option
- Do not consider the Show Mirroring options in the menu bar when available
- You will see the requirements there.
Once you have had a look at these requirements you also need to know the requirements on the Apple TV side.
The second generation or later Apple TV comes with the latest update of the Apple TV software.
You should also see the resource explaining to uninstalling the programs on Mac.
To mirror or stream your screen display or your desktop display, you will need to have one of these Mac computers with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 or later:
- Mac Mini (Mid 2011 or later)
- MacBook (Early 2015 or later)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or later)
- MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 or later)
These minimum requirements mentioned above basically help you fasten the process of connecting two devices without having to add another step of getting the passwords and to connect to the wireless networks (Wi-Fi networks).
Let’s now go through how to setup Airplay
Setting up Airplay on Mac is a simple process of a few steps, which you might have to follow. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the menu bar
- Once you are on the menu bar, select the airplay option in the menu bar
- You will have to choose your Apple TV
- Make the choice of your Apple TV under the option “Connect to AirPlay Display.”
- When Mac is using Airplay display, the icon slowly turns blue.
- Click on the extended desktop option or click on one of the mirroring options.
Airplay on Mac – How to Turn on Airplay on Mac?
- Before you follow the steps discussed above, ensure the following things:
- Your Apple device and the device on which you want to stream music or use Airplay should be connected to one network.
- Check if you have the option Control Centre
- Ensure that once you go to the Control Centre, the Airplay option appears.
- If you want to play music or anything, which is in the music format, you will have to connect your iPhone or iPad to Airplay-enabled speakers.
- If you want to stream video and photo, you will have to stream it on an Apple TV. To make this process easily understandable when you connect to the wireless network, you get the icons of those devices you would want to connect to.
- If you want to mirror your full screen and if you want to stream images on the screen, ensure that the aspect ratios of the TV are set to the required settings.
Devices and gadgets tend to trouble you at some point in time, and it is essential to know what to do when you encounter a situation like this.
Especially when phones are heavily used, this problem crops up, and there have been cases when the Apple TV and Airplay are not working. Are you aware of what you can do if Apple TV airplay not working? So, you might be confused about which device you might have to put off when something like this happens.
Let’s go through a few simple steps you might have to follow when Apple TV airplay not working.
- The first option is you might try restarting the Apple TV, and you might also try putting off the Airplay and putting it on again to check if it is working.
- Go to Airplay and check if it is configured properly
- If the Apple TV airplay not working still, it means that they are not meeting the basic requirements of connecting with each other. In this case, you will have to go through the guidelines and check the firewall.
Steps to Follow to Check the Firewall
- Go to the Apple menu
- Click on the System Preferences option; you will be navigated to the next screen.
- Select the Security and Privacy option.
- Select the lock button
- You will then have to provide your admin name and password
- Select the Firewall option
- If your option of incoming connections is selected, you will have to click on that and deselect all the incoming connections so that the path to connection is cleared
- You will now have to click on “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections.”
Is Internet surfing getting slow on Mac? You are required to clean the cookies. Here is How to Clear Cookies on Mac?
Is it now easy to understand how to use Airplay on Mac? In this, we have mainly focused on the technical aspects of how to setup Airplay and use it. The end of the article will also help you resolve the problem if you are stuck somewhere for the privacy setting as the phones come with default settings. If you still have doubts, share your queries in the below ‘comments’ section, and we’ll enlighten you about what’s to be done to fix the problem.
In the next article, we will discuss the evolution of technology in Apple and why Apple chose to build something like Airplay. Stay tuned for regular updates about using Apple’s latest gadgets.
In case, you would want to share your input or experience, do leave us your valuable comments in the comment section. Happy streaming, happy mirroring!
How to Create an Admin User Account Using CMD Prompt?
How to Use a PlayStation 3 Controller in Windows 10?
How to Use the Undo and Redo Commands?
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech1 week ago
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
Computers2 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Mac2 days ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech1 week ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
iOS2 weeks ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Tech1 week ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tech1 week ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Windows2 weeks ago
How to check RAM type (DDR, DDR2 or DDR3) in Windows?