Printing out your work on paper is an old phenomenon. It is not something new. But with technology innovation each day, this process demands a change. For a lot of people for whom Hard copies still are a way to work, especially if you are a student or a professional who works from home, etc. the printer machine is valuable.
As compared to desktops, people these days spend more time on their mobile devices. Now if you happen to be using an iOs device, like an iPhone or iPad, then the question arises that how to print from iPhone.
iPhone is a mini laptop in itself. Just pair it with a keyboard or office suite. Take a look at ways of print from iPhone:
Printing Photos from iPhone
The iPhone has the world’s most popular and best quality camera. It is but obvious that after clicking snaps from this amazing camera, you might be in awe of some physical print to hang it on your barren wall. Let’s see how to print pictures from iPhone:
- Tap on the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the photo you’d like to print.
- Now you will see a box with an upward-pointing arrow. It is called the Share button. Tap on it.
- Swipe left on the bottom menu to see the print option.
- Scroll all the way at the end and you will see the Print option. Tap on it.
- Click on Select Printer and tap the printer you’d like to use.
- Use the plus or minus buttons to adjust how many copies you’d like to print.
- To finish, tap on Print.
This is the simplest way to print photos from iPhone. The larger you print, the more compromises you have to make in terms of image quality. So, better print a smaller image. Basically, how to print photos from iPhone, is the easiest of all.
Printing Text Messages from iPhone
A lot of times it happens that a text message is valuable that you need a hard copy of it may be for immediate use or for keeping it as a backup. One simple way to do it is to email the text messages to your email account and print them from email. But this won’t work in case you want to print a lot of text messages.
For that, you need to resort to various professional iPhone SMS Extractor software’s available. One of the easier and most used of them all is AnyTrans. Take a look at how to print text messages from iPhone using AnyTrans:
- Download and install AnyTrans on the computer. Run AnyTrans and connect iPhone to a computer with a USB cable.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right and click “Export Setting”. Set the exporting format of Messages to pdf.
- Click “Messages” Button at the main page of AnyTrans.
- Select the text messages you want to print and export them to the computer by clicking the “To Computer” icon.
- Now open that exported file on your computer
- Print out the required text messages by using the printer.
CopyTrans software is equally good and is widely used. You can use it for the same purpose.
How to print from iPhone via AirPrint
The simple solution is a built-in feature called AirPrint, which enables you to print directly from your iPhone or another iOs device to a compatible wireless printer. These days all the modern printers come equipped with this feature.
AirPrint is Apple’s officially authorized means of printing from its mobile devices, so you don’t need any extra software or any apps in order to print. Take a look at some apps that support AirPrint:
- Safari- Maximum time’s people search through the Safari browser. Print an entire Web page using the share button at the bottom of the browser.
- Evernote- One of the best apps to maintain notes. You can print any notes from Evernote.
- Google Maps. It enables you to print out maps and driving directions.
- Instapaper- Instapaper now has printing support. So you can print any article or blog from here.
- Crosswords- Crosswords is a great app to play crosswords on any touch-enabled iOS device. You can simply print the puzzles. A great tool for those that still like paper puzzles.
Take a look at how to use AirPrint-
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network. In order to use AirPrint, both your printer and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, let’s say you are using Safari. Go to the Safari page and check the connection between iPhone and printer. You will see an arrow that resembles a forward or reply email icon. Tap this icon.
- Select “Print.” Your printer should appear as the selected device. If not, tap the Printer field, allow your device to scan, and tap the printer name when it appears.
- Choose the number of copies and hit Print in the top-right corner of the page.
In case you want to print text messages by using AirPrint then save the text messages to screenshots and print them by the same process mentioned above. AirPrint enables you to print pictures from iPhone using the same above stated process.
If you want to cancel the print command, then double-tap the Home button, choose Print Center while in the App Switcher, and tap Cancel Printing.
AirPrint Not Available
Now, in case your printer is not AirPrint-compatible, then you need to take the help of some apps. Applications like Printopia or HandyPrint will solve your purpose. Just download the app and it will display the list of printers installed on your computer. Choose yours and just select Print.
There is just one problem of using this method that it goes through the computer and not with the iDevices directly.
Once you understand the process of how to print from iPhone, then it is relatively easy and straightforward. To see whether your printer is AirPrint enabled or not, check out your printer’s documentation. Go can even go through your iOs App Store to see in case there’s a custom app for your printer.
So with just a few clicks, print and share with your iOs device and enjoy the convenience.
How to Leave a Group Text?
A person who has gotten stuck in an unwanted group text knows how annoying it is and how terrible it can be. Your phone blows out of proportion, and all you hope for is to quiet down the thread soon. Here are details on how to leave a group text.
For quite a long time, the only solution to get out of a group text was to block your friends, or flat-out asking them to stop texting you. But luckily, Apple’s latest mobile operating system update, the iOS 8 version, fixed this issue. If the recipient is using iOS 8 and iMessage has been turned on by them, then he/she can leave the group text.
Among the features in the newest Apple’s operating system were many improvements. The improvements in the messaging system were also done. This app includes numerous functionality upgrades that magnify the most-used aspects of the older version, from the great iMessage compatibility to more control over how texts are shown and responded to.
iMessage already has a well-featured group texting system – it left something to be craved, and it was tough to wade through the mass of notifications, especially when dealing with groups consisting of many people. How to get out of a group text details are mentioned below.
How to Leave a Group Text in iOS 8
The steps to follow for how to leave a group chat are mentioned below.
- To get the advantage of this feature, one needs to download the iOS 8 version. Navigate to Settings, go to General, then Software update on your device.
- If your device already has iOS 8, then the first step is not required.
- Open the group text you wish to leave. Select the thread you wish to exit.
- Select ‘Details’ located in the upper right corner of the screen just under the menu bar. Selecting this option will bring up a new menu with various options related to the group conversation.
Here, you will be given with options to interact with individual contacts, add different people to the conversation, and delete yourself from the particular group. The option of sharing your location with people is also given if you are all attempting to search for each other.
- Select ‘Leave this conversation’. If you decide you don’t want any kind of involvement in the group conservation, this is the best option for you. When a person chooses to leave the conversation, he/she will not get notified about further messages, and will not be able to read or respond to the messages in the group.
- There is also an option of ‘Do not Disturb’. This mutes the conversation you don’t want to get notified about. But you can read and respond to the text messages normally; it’s just that your phone will not buzz every time a new message is received.
But there is a catch! According to iPhone FAQ, you can only exit iMessage group chats if there are four or more than four participants. But if you are in a group conversation, which has only two or more people, the option to leave the group conversation will be grayed out.
The information on how to remove yourself from a group chat is given. Group chats facilitate some amazing conversations with your buddies and are also the best way to update many people without having to send individual text messages.
But as amazing as they can be, they can also be equally irritating. We have all been there. We either get pre-occupied with some other thing or lose interest in having the conversation, yet your friends continue to buzz on.
There are notifications after notifications, which force you to keep your phone on silent mode. But fortunately, there are ways to leave the group. This content will let you know how to get out of a group text.
GroupXit is another app designed to exit the group. The app pulls the group threads a person that is currently in from the native messaging app, permitting him to choose which thread he would like to erase from sight and even which particular friend he would like to mute.
And not to worry about being missed-out important updates because you can opt to get an alert for particular keywords. But this app only works on SMS and MMS messaging and not on Apple’s iMessage Protocol; it is only valid on Android and an upcoming iPhone version. This is how to leave a group message.
When a given message is sent or received, mute an annoying group thread, or ‘lock’ a text that is especially important. A person can even swap in an entirely new messaging app if he/she is not satisfied with the ‘Stock’ one. There is an app called Android Stock Texting. The steps to follow are
- Log in your Android phone’s stock texting application.
- Search for the ‘Settings’ option by clicking on the multiple lines on the left side at the end of the phone screen.
- Select the ‘Message Settings’, where a person can set some basic controls for individuals and group conversations.
- Enable the ‘Thread Group Conversations’ option by being sure that the checkbox next to this option is green and highlighted. Enabling this option indicates that if a person gets a group text message, he will only be replying to the sender if he chooses to reply.
When replying to a text message, check to see if it is a group message before sending a reply. If there is an indication with multiple gray heads in the corner of your Android screen or if the message lists more than one contact, it is a group conversation.
When replying to a group text, hold down your finger on the text and choose the ‘respond to sender only’ option. In third-party apps, do some research and get educated on how to use these apps.
Finally, if you are a sender of a group conversation, you might want to think about issues of privacy and if this is the facility you must use, then look for a third party app that controls the group conversation and offers protection for privacy features and the capability to set up various ‘groups.’ Hope the above information on how to get out of a group message helped.
And with this, we come to the end of our article on how to leave a group text. if you have any queries, do leave them in the comment box below.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer?
For those of us who love to hear music, Apple’s iPods can be a lifesaver. But whether you be an old user or a new one, before you can enjoy your iPod, you have to fill it in with the music. Now while this isn’t rocket science, there are a few tricks to the trade, and as such, old users often need a refresher course on it as well! So let’s get right into it, shall we?
How to Transfer Music From iPod to Computer?
So today we are going to focus mainly on the top two operating systems in the world, Mac OS X, and Windows. First up we have for you guys, the process in detail for Windows Computer.
#1. How to Transfer Music From iPod to Windows Computer?
Below, we have described the best ways to how to transfer music from iPod to the computer when it’s running Windows OS. You can also transfer music from iPhone to Computer.
Method 1: Transfer Music From iPod to Your Computer By Primomusic
Primomusic helps you to transfer your music files to transfer from iPod to computer faster and with less complication.
At first, downloaded PrimoMusic.
Launch PrimoMusic on your computer.
Then connect your iPod touch to the computer with a USB data cable.
Now click on the ” Export to Mac/PC ” option in the left panel of the screen.
Select all music file or choose the music you want to transfer to the PC.
Once the selection is complete, click on the “Export” button to transfer iPod touch to the computer.
Method 2: By Using iTunes
How To Transfer Music iPod by iTunes?
For using iTunes backup, you have to transfer your music from iPod to iTunes at first. Let us know how to transfer music from iPod to iTunes before.
There are several ways to transfer music from iPod to iTunes, and it is up to you which option you would be suitable for you.
You may choose any of the options given below to update your music files from the iPod to the iTunes:
1. Automatic updations of all of the existing music files and playlists from iPod to iTunes.
2. Automatic updations of the selected music files or songs or playlists from iPod to iTunes.
3. Manually transfer music files to the iTunes. When you choose to transfer music to iTunes manually, it will allow you to drag and drop individual songs and playlists from iPod to iTunes.
Method 3: By Using Bluetooth or USB cable:
You can also transfer your music files of iPod directly to your Mac or PC without the help of any third party app. This can be done in two possible ways, they are:
1.By the Bluetooth.
2. By the USB cable.
Follow the steps given below to transfer songs from iPod touch to PC :
Connect the iPod to mac with the USB cable.
Now go to the iTunes and in iTunes select the devices.
In the PC or Mac select the iPod.
Now open the music files in your iPod.
Then choose the songs you want to transfer.
Next, press the transfer button.
Method 4: By Using AnyTrans App
This is probably the easiest way to transfer your music files from iPod to Mac or PC. Using this transferring app is very much effortless.
The AnyTrans app is much helpful for transferring data from iPod to computers with windows OS.
Download AnyTrans App.
Run this AnyTrans App on your PC.
Connect your iPod to the computer.
After connecting your iPod, you will get to see the app on the left side of the PC screen in the Media options.
Now click on the Music tab to get the songs list window.
Select the songs you want to transfer from iPod to PC.
Then click on the PC tab.
Choose the music you want to transfer to PC.
Then click on PC button.
#2. How to Transfer Music From iPod to Mac?
Now we come to the second part of our article where we show you how to transfer music from a computer running Mac OS X to an iPod.
Method 1: By Using USB Cable
At first, disable syncing. To disable it, press and hold the Command+Option keys when you plug in your iPod to the Mac.
Then make the hidden folders visible.
Now enable your iPod for disk use.
Then copy your iPod’s music files to your Mac.
Your music is successfully transferred.
Method 2: By AnyTrans App
This is probably the easiest way to transfer your music files from iPod to Mac or PC. Using this transferring app is very much effortless.
For transferring data to the Mac, the benefit of using the app is, this AnyTrans app is also compatible with Mac OS X, OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8 and the OS X 10.9.2 version also.
Launch AnyTrans App on your Mac.
Then connect your iPod to the Mac by USB.
Click on the Audio tab of your Mac.
Now choose ‘Music’ option.
Select the songs or music files you want to be transferred to the Mac.
Lastly, click on the to Mac button.
And with that, we come to the end of our article on how to transfer music from iPod to computer. In case you are wondering to transfer photos from iPhone to Computer, you can easily do that. If you have any more queries or questions on this topic, be sure to leave a comment on the box below. We will look to get back at you at the earliest with a solution.
And as always, if you enjoyed our article, don’t forget to share it on social media! It helps us out a ton.
How to Use Your Phone as a Hotspot?
Find out How to use your phone as a Hotspot and share the Internet connection to other wi-fi enabled devices. The easy guide to making your phone into a WiFi Hub and let other people connect to it. So a phone that has Wi-Fi can be turned into a hotspot. You can also turn a Windows PC into a wifi hotspot. Here is the complete guide to turning PC into a Wifi hotspot.
Here is a bit of what is a mobile hotspot.
A portable w-fi hotspot is a wireless network. Other wifi-enabled devices can connect to it, and It is useful to share files between devices and to share an internet connection.
We demonstrated the process for both Android and iOS phones. Plus added steps to connect another device to your phone’s Hotspot. Please read all the steps carefully to get it done in the correct way.
How to use your Phone as a Hotspot: Android
You’ll know everything about creating and disabling Hotspot on your phone. Just a reminder that you may want to enable internet connection on your phone before you follow this section step-by-step. It will let other devices use your Phone’s internet when they connect.
Open Android Settings. First of all, you need to unlock your phone. Open your phone’s app drawer Scroll it until you find this setting options. Tap on the setting icon. You can also pull down the notification area, and go to the settings from there.
Tap on the More option. When you open the settings, will have all the settings, under wireless & network section, click on “More. Note: According to different android versions or custom Rom’s the steps may vary. You need to look for the Potable Hotspot thing in your phone settings if below-given steps are not the same as on your phone.
Next, tap the tethering and portable hotspot option, this is where you’ll find the related option to create a hotspot network.
Just to make sure that your hotspot will be secure, so a person won’t be able to connect to your hotspot without a password. It will avoid an unknown person using your Internet via hotspot. To do this tap on the “set up WiFi Hotspot” setting.
Give your network a name, it called SSID. Under the security choose the wpa2PSK, because this is the most secure until today. Set a password of at least 8 characters, and don’t forget to include numbers and capitalized characters. once you are satisfied with the SSID and password, click ok to save this setting.
You just set up your phone’s hotspot Network. Now just Tap on the “portable wifi hotspot” to create a hotspot, it should be done instantly.
The Portable Wi-Fi hotspot setting will show a highlighted icon, which means a hotspot network enabled on the phone. Just toggle the icon to stop the hotspot network. Also in the notification bar, you’d see a Wireless icon with some sort of link icon.
TIP: how to turn on hotspot quickly, once you set up your hotspot. Look for the notification icon, and if you see a Hotspot icon. You can toggle the hotspot network right from the notification area. Also, you can drop a widget on your phone home screen to toggle hotspot on or off.
How to Make your Phone a hotspot: Older Android
Do you have an older Android phone? Some older phone don’t have the setting to create an hotspot network, so how to make my phone a hotspot?
Your old phone should have WiFi in order to make an Hotspot using a free hotspot app like Portable WiFi you should search other wifi hotspot app if this app is not working for your phone. Some really older phone with Wi-Fi may not be able to create hotspot. You should grab a new phone in case.
You should also see how to test wifi speed. You can test the device that is providing you the fastest Wifi speed.
Make an Hotspot network on iOS Phone.
The steps are similar as Android, you just need to open your iOS phone settings and turn the hotspot on. Please note that the the hotspot setting location is different from iOS version to version. But this is the common place where you can find the hotspot settings on your iOS.Unlock your phone Go to Settings → Cellular.
Unlock your phone Go to Settings → Cellular. Tap on the “Personal Hotspot” and turn it on. You should also set a password to your Hotspot network to prevent unauthorized people from using your internet. To turn the hotspot off, just repeat the process or toggle the hotspot from the settings.
How to use the hotspot to connect Other Devices and share the internet.
We are demonstrating connecting a laptop to the hotspot. You should be able to connect any other wifi enabled device to your created hotspot and share internet connection to them.
Turn on wifi on your computer. You will see the SSID of the network that you set up on your phone. You can rename the SSID from your phone anytime.
You will be asked to enter a password, and the password is same that you set earlier when setting up the hotspot network. In case you forgot it, you can go anytime to Hotspot settings and set a new password or just leave the security type to NONE, for ease.
The laptop will connect to the hotspot, and you will see this. Now you open any browser on your laptpo and start browsing the internet. Sometime it takes time to connect to the internet in such case, set the hotspot security type to None.
NOTE: Does hotspot uses data? Yes, if you want to share the Internet of your phone with other devices. Make sure to enable internet connection on the phone, else another device may connect but won’t be able to use the internet.
However, you would be able to share data between them without having to enable internet connection. there is third-party app that will make a hotspot on your phone and same time you’ll able to access phone’s storage from your laptop.
Always turn off the hotspot when you are not using it. This will save your phone’s battery. You can always toggle the Hotspot icon which you can find in your phone notification bar or in settings.
Technology lets you do a thing in a simple way, as we discussed How to use your phone as a Hotspot. Now it is time to make a hotspot on your phone. You should also see this guide telling you how you can get free wifi anywhere.
How to use Pinterest on iPhone?
Pinning from iPhone is just a cake walk. A lot of people don’t get the idea of Pinterest and have been curiously questioning about what it is and how to use it.
It may seem a little daunting at first, but once you start using it, Pinterest becomes an addiction that will surely manifold the convenience in your life. Basically, Pinterest allows you to save all your favorite things at one place, and then you can share the images online, whichever you find interesting.
Having your images organized at one place in different folders arranged as per your comfort? What else does one require? And if you happens to be one of the artists, who needs a constant view of images for his/her work, Pinterest is going to be your savior. So let’s learn today how to use Pinterest on iPhone!
These images are known as Pins, which the user can place on customized, themed Boards. In short, it is one of the best tools to organize things virtually. Example- Let’s say you are a foodie or loves to cook. With Pinterest, you can keep online recipe boxes at one place.
How to use Pinterest on iPhone?
Let’s take one more example- You love makeup and have a keen interest in viewing different makeup tutorials online. With Pinterest, you can bookmark all your makeup tutorials at one place, conveniently.
Or if you are one of those soon-to-be brides, you can manage all your wedding planners’ ideas or engagement platter ideas or that wardrobe collection you love, at one place.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that Pinterest is a virtual form of bookmarking. A bookmark simply saves a web page address. Pins can be anything; photos, drawings, videos, animations, Internet links, etc. Thus, making it easy for you to get back to your favorite places.
1. Pin it Button- With this button, you can add or save pictures from around the web.
2. Boards are where you collect your Pins. Once you have saved the pin to the board, just go back to your Pin and it’ll take you to the website with the matter.
3. You can even make a board secret. Let’s say you are planning a surprise or secret and doesn’t want to disclose it to anyone, you can simply make your board secret similar to what you do on Facebook: making your posts Visible to Only Me. Just share it with everyone whenever you feel like it.
4. The best part about Pinterest is that you can collaborate with people. Let’s say you want to plan a birthday theme party together. Just invite the friends or one you want to your board and start exploring and saving Pins together.
5. The follow/Unfollow option on Pinterest is similar to that of Instagram and Twitter. Follow the ones whose boards attract you and unfollow the ones who don’t match or suit your taste.
6. The whole of Pinterest is featured in Categories. The amazing part is that Pinterest regularly updates each feed with new Pins from the categories. So in case you are confused about making a choice, you can always refer to the categories.
7. Repin is similar to a retweet on Twitter. In short, repin maintain the source-link of the image.
How to Use Pinterest
Now, whenever you start using any new social site, the first question that pops up is “How to use or operate this?” The same applies to first time users of Pinterest.
So, take a look at How to Pin to Pinterest from the Web on iPhone:
1. First of all download the Pinterest app. And make sure you have updated your phone to the recent iOs version. It works only on iOs 8 and the next versions only.
2. Click on the Pinterest app and log in to your account. It’s very easy to create a Pinterest account. You can register using your email or Facebook profile.
3. You can always link your Pinterest account to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other email accounts.
4. You will be given the option to choose at least four categories that you are interested in. Accordingly, Pinterest will show bookmarks according to your preferences.
5. Once you have logged in with Pinterest, start creating your boards. Before saving any images or pins, you need to create places, i.e. boards to put your pins. Just give your board a specific title and a short description. Do not forget to put it under Interest’s pre-set topics as it makes the search easier.
6. Adding map locations to your bookmarks is a feature that is too available on Pinterest. If required, you can use it too.
7. Once aboard is created, start adding pins (photos, links, videos, animation, or whatever you feel like). You can even copy other people’s pins to your boards.
8. One another eye-catching feature of Pinterest is its Gifts Menu. Gifts are displayed along with their price tags. So if you intend you gift someone, just check the Gifts Menu.
9. Last, you can always link your Pinterest account on other social media websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. This facilitates sharing Pinterest material on other sites easier. And that’s all about it! Engaging and effective is what describes a Pinterest account.
Pinterest is a very beneficial tool for artists, students, chefs, i.e. in short for people who work. Remember during your childhood days, you use to paste old pictures or news in the scrapbook to keep it safe at one place. Pinterest is, just the Internet version of the same. It is your Internet Scrapbook.
It is always recommended to keep the e-mail notifications on. With this, you can easily locate new people on Pinterest as you can easily keep a track of who likes, comments, or repins ideas from your boards.
Though you can pin in as many categories you want, but Pinterest can be a really valuable tool for people with a specific purpose in mind. Infact, Pinterest is a great opportunity to build your brand and promote your business.
So, whether you are looking out for those exotic travel destinations or need some inspiration for your home decor, or to find delicious and nutritious recipes, just log in to Pinterest! If you are looking to save Instagram Photos, here is the complete guide telling you how to Save Instagram photos. Along with photos, you can also save Instagram videos.
Hope you loved our article on how to use Pinterest on iPhone!
How to use Siri on Macbook?
So have you seen the new Mac book pros? The one with the touchpads? They’re pretty awesome aren’t they? Well, they come with another exciting feature as well. Wanna know what it is?
Well, it’s none other than iPhone’s acclaimed assistant Siri that makes their appearance in Apple’s laptop. So I bet by now you’re chomping at the bits to know how to use Siri on Macbook? Today we show you just that.
So what can Siri on Macbook do? Pretty much everything you can imagine under the sun! For years Macbook users have pinned for the versatile AI assistant to make an appearance on their laptops.
This year Apple has graced their user’s wishes and now we have Siri on the Macbook. All the great functionality that you can do on your iPhone has now been transported to your laptop! If you don’t like the voice control on iPhone, well, you can turn off the voice control on iPhone.
But how would that help me you might ask! I mean sure the voice assistant is incredibly useful while on the go but on the device like the Macbook where the Safari browser is just a click away from where does the Siri assistant come into play? Well, this article is here to dispel all your doubts about just that!
We will cover all the aspects of Siri and its uses on a Macbook! So what else are you waiting for? Strap in and get on your reading glasses this is gonna be a fun one!
We all know about Siri but let me tell you once again, that Siri is an artificial intelligence software which you can use to perform various works, it will be like your personal assistant to help you.
In this article, we are going to discuss, how to use Siri on MacBook.
How to use Siri on Macbook?
While installing Mac OS Sierra, you will be asked whether you want to enable Siri. If it is not enabled at the time of installing the OS, you can enable it later from the System Preferences.
How to Launch the App Siri?
So when it comes to iPhones, you can just say Hey Siri and Siri will be at your beck and call. Unfortunately for those of you that are still running your MacBook on Mac OS X Sierra, you do not get the option of voice activation. Instead of that, you will have to hold down the Command and Space buttons.
You can also edit the shortcut to make it something more to your liking using the customize option that you will get when you dive into the Siri System Preferences which is accessed via the Apple menu and going into System Preferences.
Then just drop down, and you will get the Customize option as we have illustrated above in our image!
How to Activate Siri?
Generally, Siri is activated by holding the Home Button of the iPhone or iPad. But for mac OS, Siri can be activated by various ways.
Method 1: Siri is there with all other apps in the dock of your mac. Click on the Siri icon to open it.
Method 2: A Siri shortcut is there at the menu bar at the top of the screen. Click on it to open Siri.
Siri works with the internet connection. So be sure you have internet on your mac cause, Siri does not work without internet.
How to Use Siri?
#1. Setting up dictation on mac:
By setting up dictation on your mac, you can give commands to the mac by speaking to it.
To start, follow these steps stated below,
Go the Apple Menu and click on it.
Then open System Preferences.
After opening System Preferences, click on Dictation & Speech.
Then turn the Dictation on.
You will also have to select the checkbox named Use Enhanced Dictation.
#2. Setting Up OS X’s Dictation Keyword Phrase:
Follow the steps given below to set up the dictation keyword phrases.
Go the Apple Menu and click on it.
Then open System Preferences.
After opening System Preferences, click on Accessibility.
Then select the submenu named Dictation.
After that, click the checkbox which is next to “Enable the dictation keyword phrase”.
Next, click on the Dictation Commands button.
Then, Enable advanced commands.
Lastly, select the Done button at the bottom of the dialog box.
#3. Using the Keyword Dictation Phrases on Your Mac:
When all these necessary setups are completed, then you can check how the keyword dictation phrases work. It is recommended to play sound whenever a keyword is recognised by the computer.
The triggering phrase is “Computer”, by default. You can change it as you want it to be by configuring the keyword diction settings.
The primary and simple most dictation keywords are,
- “Computer, Start Dictation.”
- “Computer, Stop Dictation.”
However, there are also other dictation keywords as in,
- “Computer, open System Preferences.”
- “Computer, search for Delhi weather.”
- “Computer, search for The Flash.”
You can also control and manipulate texts by giving commands like,
- “Computer, Select Text.””Computer, Scroll.”
- “Computer, find the text “Sunday”.”
- “Computer, undo.”
Apps too can be controlled hands free by giving commands like,
- “Computer, switch to Safari.”
- “Computer, open Google Chrome.”
- “Computer, hide Tweetbot.”
- “Computer, close window.”
- “Computer, quit System Preferences.”
This is all about how to use Siri on MacBook. I assume we have been able to satiate your curiosity about all the features that the new Personal Assistant brings to your much-loved Apple laptops. However as are things with software, more features are likely to be added to increase the functionality of Siri in the coming months. you are left with any more queries, contact with us in the comment box below. We would love to hear from you. You should also see how to reset MacBook Air.
Hence if you are left with any more queries, contact with us in the comment box below.We would love to hear from you. And if any subsequent software update adds a feature that we haven’t yet covered and you’d like to see added to this article, then make sure you mention that down below as well!
Also, if this article helped you anyhow then share it with your friends and let them know. That’s all for today.
Computers8 months ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tech2 weeks ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
iOS6 months ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Mac2 years ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech2 months ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Tech1 month ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Tutorials2 years ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Tips8 months ago
How to Get the Middle Finger Emoji?