What is jail-breaking an iPhone? And how can I jailbreak my iPhone? If questions like these haunt your mind, then you’ve come to the right place.
If this term sounds new to you, jail-breaking is the solution to the desires of several individuals who want to discover a new method to bypass the restrictions set on them by the web application security of Apple. Once your iPhone is jail-broken, you can get access to a range of features that the manufacturer has locked up. Then comes the question how to Jailbreak iPhone 5? If you have iPhone 6 and looking to jailbreak iPhone 6, here is how to jailbreak iPhone 6.
What is Jailbreak iPhone?
Even simple features like a customized ringtone, video recording, ability to customize the general user interface with personal icons and zooming in for enhanced picture focus are blocked off before the jailbreak implementation. With a jailbreak, iPhone 5 owners can access all these restricted features, thanks to its capability to run on third-party apps that the manufacturer has opted not to distribute by itself.
These locked features are generally standard in other smartphones, which is why many people consider a jail-broken iPhone to be a necessarily properly working contemporary mobile phone. Jail-breaking your iPhone 5 is, in fact, a relatively economical and an attractive concept, but the technique used for jail-breaking differs for different iPhone models.
So, get yourself acquainted with the process for your specific model before going ahead. This guide is to help those people who are wondering how to jail-break iPhone 5.
A cost-effective iPhone jailbreak can make almost all Apple iPhones like iPhone 4, 5 or also more advanced editions like iPhone 6 unlock the great features, including downloading, installing and running many notable apps, customize choices, tether with iPad and laptop, etc.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 5?
Some iPhone owners may regard untethered jailbreak to be a challenging and long method. Maybe you’re thinking “Should I jailbreak my iPhone?” A correct jailbreak is pretty easy to do without affection your terminal’s performance, though fully reversible, performing well for all iPhones. Get to know how to do that in the following section. Here are the instructions.
Before You Jailbreak
Before you start the jail-breaking process, here’s what you should know:
- Back up all important data to iTunes or iCloud.
- Install the latest iTunes version.
- If you’ve already got an upgrade to any iOS9 version from an OTA (Over The Air) update system, you must first ensure to restore to a fresh iOS 9.0.2 edition from iTunes. If not, you may experience a jailbreak failure.
- Also, ensure that there’s no passcode lock set on your iPhone 5. You can set this again after jail-breaking.
The Jail-Breaking Process
Here’s the simple step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone 5 that can be followed to make jail-breaking possible:
- To start with, connect the device to your PC and carry out a manual backup of all important data.
- Create a new folder with the name Pwnage on your PC and download the recent edition of Evasi0n to this specific folder. Further, it’s also recommended to download the advanced iOS 7.0.6 firmware for the iPhone into the same folder. Before jail-breaking, a complete restore is suggested by experts.
- Now, go ahead with extracting the zipped up Evasi0n file to the folder that you created on your desktop.
- Now is the time to launch iTunes.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the PC through USB and choose it from the window’s top right corner or the left sidebar.
- Press down the Shift key and hold on to it. Now, select the Restore tab on your iPhone.
- You’ll find a popup window appearing from which you need to choose ipsw (your iPhone firmware) from the Pwnage folder. Click open.
- Click on the Restore tab when you are prompted to confirm your restore.
- After successful restoration, right click on the icon with the name evasi0n7.exe and choose the option ‘Run as Administrator’ from the background menu for launching the app.
- Get rid of any lock screen password you’ve set on your iPhone 5. After that, you can select the Jailbreak tab to start the process.
- The application will retrieve details from your phone for generating jailbreak data. Following this, it will upload the data and inject evasi0n app 1 and evasi0n app 2 and then configure system 1 and system 2. Finally, it will reboot.
- Now you will be prompted to unlock your iPhone 5 and tap on the new app icon with the name ‘evasi0n 7’. This application will open and close immediately.
- Evasi0n will now cause the device to reboot again. It will modify the roofs and complete the process.
- The device will reboot now with Cydia on the SpringBoard.
Presto! You’re now done with iPhone 5 jailbreak process successfully. After you jailbreak iPhone 5, remember to switch on Find my iPhone and set a passcode or Touch ID for your device. Now that you’ve jail-broken your iPhone 5, make the most out of its features that you earlier couldn’t enjoy using.
Once you have performed the iPhone 5 jailbreak, your device can offer more functionalities that a standard device. Some of the associated advantages are:
- Unlock the network
- Modify the system files
- Install apps rejected by Apple and other third party apps through Cydia
- Install any program for free
- Customize a device that’s installed with previous iOS editions
- Bluetooth connectivity and transfer with other devices like PC, iPod or any other Bluetooth-enabled device
Jail-breaking also comes with certain disadvantages like the possibility of warranty voiding and impairment of functionality for some apps installed on Cydia. However, the process of jailbreak is fully reversible through a simple iTunes restore, and you can get the device back to its original form. Here is how to revert Jailbreak iPhone to unjailbreak.
Like Jailbreaking, you can also get access the root files of Android also. Here is how to root an Android phone.
And with this, we come to the end of our article! Hopefully, by now you’ve mastered the technique of How to Jailbreak iPhone 5. If, however, you still have any queries or questions left, do consider leaving us a comment down below. We will try our best to solve your queries.
For more such interesting articles on iPhones and more, be sure to pay our site a regular visit! And before you go, consider spreading the word on social media if this article helped revive some life into your old iPhone!
A 22 year old Bong from Kolkata, Amartya’s passion for ‘sondesh’ is matched only by his curiosity in tech. Rumour has it, that he once got a nasty electric shock. Ever since then he has been found to dismantle electronics with a vengeance and mod everything that goes beep. He can be found lurking around Google+(https://plus.google.com/u/0/+amartyabaidya/posts) or the comments section of this blog , where he is part of the editorial team