Netflix is a great way to watch your favorite shows and movies on your laptop or mobile devices. With over 40 million subscribers, Netflix is one of the most popular online streaming media. But most of the people are not satisfied with Netflix that limits their availability to just smartphones and laptops/PCs.
It’s been a while since voices have been raised from various parts of the world to upgrade Netflix streaming services for the biggest and most selling visual media device, that is Television.
It is lot more fun when you watch a movie on a big screen sitting in a large room with your family or friends. You and I might have at least thought once, how to get Netflix on TV. You may need to know that there is Netflix history which logs everything and anything you watched on Netflix but you can delete the Netflix History. Here is
Well, the good news is you can!!
Yes, you can now stream your favorite shows of Netflix on your High Definition televisions. Today I’m going to explain you the best and working methods on how to watch Netflix on TV.
How To Get Netflix On TV – 5 Working Methods Explained
#1. Using An HDMI Cable to Cast Netflix
This is one of the old school methods to stream Netflix on TV. Any modern TV comes with a high-definition multimedia interface port (HDMI) that allows you to connect your laptop or PC directly to the TV.
To solve your question about ‘how to watch Netflix on my TV’, you need to satisfy 3 requirements.
- You need to have a LCD or HD(High Definition) television that has an HDMI port on it.
- A working PC/Laptop that has an internet connection and can be placed near your TV.
- An HDMI cable to replicate the laptop screen on the TV.
If you complete these requirements, the you are ready to GO!
Here is the step by step method to watch Netflix on TV using an HDMI Cable.
>First you have to take an HDMI cable and connect the one end of the cable to your laptop and the other end to the television in which you want to watch the shows.
>Next you have to connect your PC/Laptop to the internet using an ethernet cable or wifi.
>After that you can open Netflix and login to your subscribed account.
Now play your favorite shows and you can watch it on the TV. Cheers!!
#2. Playing Netflix Via a SmartTV
Was the first method too confusing for you to follow? Now, you might be thinking, could there be an easier way?
Here is one of the easiest methods to play Netflix on your TV.
Now for this feature, you will need to know how to watch tv online. This is only possible if you have a Smart TV. If you do own one, check the app store for the Netflix app. In fact, most of them come with Netflix pre-installed!
Open the app and watch all the shows without having to open your laptop or TV
#3. Watch Netflix Using A Dongle or Set Top Box
How to watch Netflix instantly is the question asked by most of the Netflix users. Well, here is your answer. Most of the popular brands have released their own set-top boxes to stream your favorite Netflix shows on your TV.
I’m listing out the best and most popular set-top box media players that you can use for streaming Netflix on your TV instantly.
- Apple TV– Apple TV provides the best interface to interact with the Netflix functions under the Apple ecosystem. It has the best features like showing you the best recommendations according to your interests, organizing the shows by seasons, sorting out the movies and shows based on artists and many more. It is very fast and you can grab it for $99.
- Roku Stick– The Roku Stick is one of the cheapest set-top boxes to solve you query on how to watch Netflix on TV.The best feature of Roku Stick is it is far thinner than any other set-top boxes on the market and hence easy to connect. It is also one of the cheapest streaming sticks available on the market.It costs around $50 due to which it is attracted by many Netflix fans.
- Chromecast– Chromecast from Google is the cheapest among all the set top box media players. It just costs $35 and is way much easier to setup as compared to its competitors. You can control the chrome cast using your mobile phone, tablet or laptop.
- Amazon Fire TV-Amazon Fire TV is yet another solution for streaming Netflix directly to your TV. This device has some of the coolest features such as advanced parental controls, awesome search functionality and voice search options that let you to completely control your devices without a smartphone.
#4. Streaming via Video Game Consoles
If you have video game consoles at your home, you can stream Netflix using the console. Netflix has streaming capabilities on almost every consoles on the market like Wii, Xbox, PS3 and PS4. This will enable, you to relax by watching the collection of shows after hours of extreme gaming on your consoles.
This feature is available on every console that allow you to connect to the internet. You can directly download the Netflix app from the respective app stores of the gaming consoles and play your favorite shows.
#5. BlueRay Players With Integrated Internet Connection
The leaders of BlueRay players like Sony and LG have come up with a new crop of BlueRay players that have the capability to connect to the internet via WiFi. This will allow you to stream HD and UHD (Ultra High Definition) movies from Netflix to your connected TV
The streaming will be of very high quality and the playback will be buttery smooth for you to enjoy!
You can find other best movie streaming sites here.
Let’s Wrap It Up
Netflix has been growing tremendously over the past couple of years, and people are in love with Netflix. But one thing that most of the people complained about with Netflix was its streaming limitations. I think you now know how to get Netflix on TV. There is huge collection of movies and shows that you can watch on Netflix. Here is How To Find New Movies On Netflix.
I have talked about all the five working methods to watch Netflix on your TV with the help of some devices and cables. Now that you know how to do it, the only question that remains is what to watch on Netflix! So, go online and choose your favorite serial and start binge watching! I recommend Netflix original, House of Cards!
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer (IE) is the most widely used World Wide Web browser. Launched in 1995, by Microsoft, it is one of the first graphical-based Web browsers. With time, a lot of up-gradation has been made on Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 11 is a big step forward for the default Windows system browser. IE 11 has the capability to compete with the most popular browsers, like Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
However, Microsoft has discontinued all versions of Internet Explorer other than the recent version for its still-supported operating systems. Moreover, with a lot of other popular browsers gaining momentum, the question that surfaces is that how to uninstall Internet Explorer. But before that, you should be knowing, in practical terms it is:
- Windows 8.1: Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 7 SP1: Internet Explorer 11
Now, whenever a new version of Internet Explorer was launched, it is but obvious that people tend to delete the previous one. Today, in most of the systems we have Internet Explorer 11 and removing it involves a very different process. Before discussing the removal process, take a look at how to install Internet Explorer:
Installing Internet Explorer
There are two ways via which you can install the Internet Explorer:
- Download from the official web-page of Internet Explorer 11.
- The second one is based on the Windows update.
The first method is simple and is clear from the heading only. Take a look at the steps for the second one:
- Navigate to “Control Panel – > System and Security – > Windows Update”, or just type “windows update” in the Start Menu search box.
- Click on “Check for the latest updates.” In the list of Optional Updates, you will see one that says Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7. Select it and then click OK.
- Next, click on the Install updates button, for the installation to start.
- The installation process will begin, and then restart your computer to finish the whole process.
- Once this is done, the Internet Explorer 11 shortcut will be placed in your Taskbar.
Now, take a look at the process of getting rid of Internet Explorer 11 in Windows.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows
Now, usually in order to delete any installed program out of your computer, the process followed is “Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features, then choose the selected program and click on Uninstall.” But, as far as Internet Explorer is concerned, the case is different. Microsoft has classified this browser as a Windows Feature. Take a look at How to Remove Internet Explorer from Windows:
- Navigate to “Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features”. Then, in the column on the left, click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- The Windows Features window opens up. Just, scroll down to find the entry for Internet Explorer. Uncheck it and press OK.
- A warning will appear, stating “Turning off Internet Explorer might affect other Windows features and programs installed on your computer, including default settings”. Click, Yes to continue.
- There appears that Windows needs to reboot your PC. Just, Click on Restart now. Remember, to lose any unsaved work of yours.
- And when you restart your system, the Internet Explorer will be removed.
However, this doesn’t completely remove all traces of Internet Explorer as other programs and processes rely on its rendering engine. This process is applicable for Windows 7 and the same goes for Windows 10, too.
Removing Internet Explorer from Windows 8
There is a slight change in the process of removing Internet Explorer, from Windows 8. Let’s see, How to Uninstall IE11 from Windows 8:
- Simply in the Search button, enter “Windows features” in the search box, click the Settings option located on the right side of the screen, and select “Turn Windows Features on or off.”
- The slight change is that, if prompted, you need to enter your administrator password to progress.
- Once you have entered the password, Window features screen opens up, just uncheck the box to the left of Internet Explorer, and then click OK. Now, click Yes to confirm that you want to hide Internet Explorer.
Now, click Restart Now to apply the changes, and you are done.
In case you want IE 11 back on your system, simply access this same screen again and check this box, and Press Ok.
Remove Internet Explorer from MAC
Till 2003, Macintosh computers came pre-loaded with Microsoft’s Internet Explorer web browser. Now, Apple features a lot of superior options like Safari and the operating system. Still, some people, due to a habit or for some old flames, Internet Explorer still remains the browser, even on the MAC.
Now, for some reason, in case you want to delete Internet Explorer from MAC, you need to follow the enlisted process. However, Internet Explorer for Mac does not create a “Preference” file, so you only need to delete the main application file. Take a look at the steps:
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon in the “Applications” folder.
- Drag the file to the Trash in the Dock. As the Trash icon darkens, just drop the file in the Trash.
- Go to the “Finder” menu and select “Erase.”
- A pop- up window appears, just confirm the selection.
Closing the updates
Even after uninstalling the Internet Explorer from your system, you may continue to receive notifications. Getting frequent notifications to update the older version, can be annoying. Now, if you want to shut these notifications too, follow the steps:
- Go to Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- Then click on Windows Update and click Change Settings in the left pane.
- Under Important updates, click the drop-down menu box. It says Install updates automatically.
- Select and click on Download but let me choose which updates to install. To finish, click on the OK button.
Internet Explorer is a great browser to use and embarks a lot of improvements in security, performance, privacy, and standards support. However, in case you still want to remove it, then how to uninstall internet explorer, is not at all a rocket science. Just follow the above-listed steps and simply get rid of Internet Explorer on your system.
It is recommended that before removing Internet Explorer, you do have another browser on your computer. Go for the deletion, only in case, you cannot withstand Internet Explorer on your system.
How To Use Google DNS Servers?
Have you ever heard someone saying google DNS servers provide faster internet than your local Internet service provider?? If no, then you are missing out something.
The Google DNS servers status has the ability to offer you the fast as well as the secure internet service. Most of the time we fear to use the public DNS server due to the lack of security they offer but the Google Public DNS is different from this.
Google is the world’s biggest organization, if they offer something, we can trust it blindly. Moreover, they have a mechanism to provide the most secure DNS service despite its public.
If you have never come to know the fact that Google DNS servers offer faster internet speed, you can try that by yourself. The steps are extremely simple!
So want to know how to switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS to speed up web browsing? I’m sure you are dying to know, who don’t want the fast internet after all!
So, let’s get started with the guide!
How to Use Google DNS Servers:
Different browsers have a different set of rules to change the DNS servers but the overall idea is the same. Since we can’t cover the method to change the DNS servers in all the windows, we have explained the two major windows versions, windows XP and windows 7.
Following similar steps, you can replace the DNS servers of your local browser to Google’s public DNS. Let’s see what are the steps.
#WIndows 7 and Above
Windows 7 and above users need to follow the below steps for replacing their local DNS servers to Google’s public DNS server.
Step 1. To change the DNS server settings, you need to go to the network place on your computer. To do that, click on the small network icon in the bottom right area of your computer and click on Open the Network and Sharing Center. See the screenshot below to locate the option easily.
Alternatively, you can go to Control panel> Network and Sharing Center. Following both the ways, you will see the above window.
Step 2. On the Network and Sharing page, click on the Change Adapter Settings in the left pane. This is the page where information on all your connection is given.
Ignore the rest of the network connections except the one which is active. Right-click on it and Go to Properties. Have a look at the below screenshot to understand the process.
Step 3. On clicking the Properties option, the Wireless Network Connection Properties window will pop up. Now under the section, This connection uses the following items, select the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Once done, click on Properties. Have a look at the below screenshot to find the options easily.
The Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window looks like the below image.
Step 4. In order to change the DNS server address, you need to select the Use the following DNS server addresses. As sooner you do this, the two Preferred DNS server and the Alternative DNS server will get open to type.
Now we need to type in the Google Server address here. Google’s Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are,
Have a look at the below image to see how we need to do this.
Once all the changes are done, click Ok to save the changes. Now restart your computer and see the changes taking place. If you want to replace your local DNS servers to the public network, the method is identical, except the address of the DNS servers.
The DNS address for a public network is given below.
Now head over to the second portion of the guide to see how to change DNS server into Windows XP.
For Windows XP users, the process is even simple. Just a few simple clicks and you are done. Here are the steps.
Step 1. To change the DNS address of your network in Windows XP, click on the start menu and go to my computer. Or, you can also directly go to my computer from the desktop.
Step 2. In My Computer window, go to My Network Places from the left panel. See the screenshot below.
Step 3. Now go to View Network connections from the left pane and you will see a list of all the network connected to your computer. Now right click on the active connection on your computer and go to Properties. The screenshot is given below.
Step 4. In the local area properties window, click on the option Internet Protocol and then go to Properties. Have a look at the below screenshot.
Step 5. Okay, now we have reached the Internet Protocol Properties window and this is the same place we will be changing the DNS address from our local server to the Google’s DNS server.
See the screen below.
Step 6. Now under the option use the Following DNS server, write down the below address.
The screenshot to show the procedure well is given below.
Step 7. Once the settings are done, click ok to save the changes.
Once done, restart your computer and enjoy the faster speed of the internet.
So that’s how we replace DNS servers from our local ISP to google DNS servers. I hope you have successfully executed all the steps.
After replacing the DNS servers, you will see the changes taking place within minutes. Those websites which were not loading before will be loading now. The speed of your Internet will be considerably changed. These are some of the changes which most of the Google DNS server’s users claim including me.
We have now reached the end of the guide. It’s now time to wrap up the article! But before going off, do let us know how did it affect your server, have the speed of your internet got faster than before?? Do let us know in the comment section below.
Also for any doubt or query, drop us a comment below. We will reach you as soon as possible.
How to Find Wifi Password on iPhone?
It wouldn’t be inapt to say that the iPhone is one of the most popular and top-selling smartphones in the world. iPhone camera takes great photos and includes many nifty features like the ability to shoot slow-motion and time-lapse videos. With the increasing usage of the Internet, a lot of people have drifted on the question that
With the increasing usage of the Internet, a lot of people have drifted on the question that How to find Wifi password on iPhone. These days, maximum people have access to WiFi networks at their homes or chances are that you live close to the one.
Whenever you boot up your laptop or phone, all the accessible Wifi signals nearby, pop up in a list. The issues are, that most of them are locked by a security code, i.e. without the password or passphrase, you’re not going to get access to that network.
But then, as the saying goes, every problem comes with a solution. There are a lot of ways to sneak into the security code or break this code. Let’s discuss iOs software. Take a look at How To Show Wifi Passwords on iPhone.
Find WiFi Passwords on a Jailbroken iPhone
Now, In case you have Jailbroken your device, all this process becomes a lot simpler, as there are plenty of apps on the Cydia store that can get you an app in lieu of How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on iPhone. Take a look at various apps:
- “Wifi Passwords” Application- If you are trying to break Wifi passwords of any Wifi device by using your iPhone device or iOs software, then this one is for you. However, it only shows up the saved passwords. Take a look at the steps:
- Just go to Cydia, find and download to install an application named “Wifi Passwords“.
- Once you tap the app open, the passwords for the saved Wi-Fi networks will show up.
- network list- This is another app that solves the purpose and is great. It is very simple to use and only displays the passwords. Take a look at the steps:
- Simply, install NetworkList from Cydia.
- Go to the WiFi settings of your device and there you will see a new button named Network Passwords. In iOs 7 it will be shown as ‘Known Networks’.
- Just tap on it and you will be able to see all the WiFi passwords that are stored on your device.
However, it has one drawback. It is not accessible to the copy-paste function. So, you need to write down the password and then use it, which can be a little annoying.
- Keychain App- Now, this is an app that stores passwords. Take a look at how you can retrieve the password from the Keychain app window:
- Simply, sync the Keychain with your iCloud account and do the same on your iPhone or other iOs 9 or other running devices.
- Now, the password will be synced to other devices as well and could be retrieved.
- Wifi Analyser- This app is a very useful app to show you, every Wifi network within the range, much more than the iPhone normally displays hidden networks, router brand, rates & MAC address which is needed to use some of the apps listed above.
How to hack a Wifi password on iPhone
We have discussed various apps that display all the Wifi passwords that are stored on your device. Now, let’s talk about hacking the password whose network is showing up on your phone. Take a look at various apps that attributes in How to Find Wifi Password on iOs:
- Wifi Audit- This application works using various algorithms to generate the default password, you only need the Name and in some cases the MAC Address of the network. Note the steps:
- Enter the Name of the network and if asked the BSSID, i.e. MAC address.
- Select the Generate Password button, and a list of possible password shows up. Check the generated passwords and you are good to go!
- IWEP PRO- IWEP pro is one of the best Wifi password finder app that can be used to discover the password of a Wifi network. It comes with an easy user interface that is highly responsive. It is an offline WEP password generator.
Simply, download the app and click it. Scan through the available Wifi networks, then the app would test-run and detect the password. And, you are good to go!
- iSpeed Touch- This is a cool one and its hacking process is also faster, compared to others. It is the best app available to hack the password. It is user-friendly and can be operated with just a few clicks.
How to find WiFi password on iPhone
Many a time, it happens that people often forget their own WiFi passwords, or they have logged in from a particular network once, and now have forgotten the password. Since there’s no on-system procedure that can get this job done, therefore third party methods come to the rescue.
Take a look at the steps:
- Open the Settings app and click “WiFi” settings > Look at the targeted network name that wants to reveal the password. Simply tap on the (i) info button.
- You will then see the Router IP address.
- Open safari and there type the Router IP address, and press Enter. You will be directed to the Router login panel page.
Now login with the default user id and password. In most of the cases, they are admin/admin. However, if this is not the case then go to Google to search the exact default user/password quickly with the specific Router Model.
There are so many trashy apps created by the developers, which are good for nothing and will simply waste your time. Go for the above-listed apps, as they are reliable and will solve your purpose of How to find Wifi password on iPhone. But using all these apps requires extreme patience on the user’s part. However, it is never preferred to sneak into someone’s privacy.
Rather, you can go for apps like “Wifi-Map”, and you’ll have a list of over 2 million hotspots with free WiFi for the taking. It even includes some passwords for locked WiFi connections, if they’re shared by any of the app’s 7 million users. Sounds Great!
Enjoy the free Wifi and Happy surfing!
How to Check If a Website is Down
Everyone bats an eye if a popular website goes down. Social media trends gain momentum, and everyone keeps on posting about the same that is this site down or check if the website is down. One popular question that arises in such a situation is that is it down for everyone or just me or is the website up or down.
So, if you have ever encountered any kind of such stuffs then you would want to know how to check if a website is down? This article will put a halt on your quest of finding the answer for the same.
This article will tell you how to check if a website is down using some simple and straightforward methods.
So, let’s get started:
How to check if a website is down?
1) Down Right Now.
Down Right Now is a popular web-based service that helps you monitor whether a website is down or not. They are backed up or powered by various user reports and the official announcements made by the sites itself.
You can check whether a popular website is up or down along with the possible reasons for that. The popular reasons might be “Possible service trouble”, “Likely service disruption”. You will also get to know about the service unavailability over the past 24 hours through the graphs. Additionally, you can also follow their official accounts to stay updated with the notifications.
The only limitation which is associated with this website is that it displays data of a handful of websites only that is only selected websites are displayed over there. For frequent information, you need to refresh the web page manually. There is no such automated feature that may help you to do this. Above all, the website design is somewhat chaotic and hazy.
This website serves well if you want to check the status of popular websites like Facebook, Twitter or others. However, if you want to know about a not so popular website then you are required to seek somewhere else.
2: Is it Down Right Now.
Yet another great platform to check whether a website is down or not. Unlike the previously mentioned website, this platform allows you to check the status of any specific website. All that you have to do is to enter the domain which you want to check at the specific field and click on Check. Within no time, you will have the status of the website.
Along with this feature, is it down right now also displays the list of popular websites with their corresponding statuses. The extension of this platform is also available which lets you check the status of any website through your browser’s toolbar. For this, you will have to integrate the extension of this website on your browser. Then only, you will be able to use this facility.
This website is also reachable through a short URL. It also displays the list of recently checked websites along with popular websites. The data is up to the minute and hence, can be considered accurate as per time dimensions are considered.
As compared to down right now, this website is pretty slow but is extremely useful if you need to check the status of any custom domain.
3: Down for everyone or just me.
Many times, all that you want to know is just a straightforward answer for whether a website is down for everyone or just me. If this is the case then this platform is exactly for you.
This platform will simply tell you whether a website is up or not. No cherry toppings, no garnishing, just simple and straightforward answer. You can also reach this site via a short URL and that is IsUp.me. This way you need not type the long URL each and every time.
To make use of this platform all that you require is to enter the name of the domain on which you want to perform the check. Once you have done that then now you require clicking on or just me? Hyperlink.
This will land you to a web page where you will be provided with an answer to your query.
Down for everyone or just me is quite a good platform for you if you are not concerned with the extra details about the website. All that you want to know is the up and down status of the website.
4: Just Down for me.
This platform serves the same purpose as all others but it also comes up with some exclusive features which are missing from the previous ones.
The most prominent feature which makes it stand out from the crowd is that it also equips you with the IP address of the website from which it was last accessed.
This feature comes handy as you can now use the IP address to access the website instead of the domain.
It also shows the sites went recently down, frequently checked and recently checked.
As per the reviews available, the cons associated with these websites are a matter of issue. You may sometimes face lag. The site design is not so good and clean. Sometimes, you may have to enter and send the query multiple times.
This website is quite good if you want to get access to the website anyhow as Just down for me can equip you with the last accessed IP address of the website. You should know that it seems like that the results are not that authentic for the US users but if you are an international user then this may serve you well.
This brought us to the end of this article on “How to check if a website is down?“. We hope that this article has resulted at an end of your quest regarding the same.
Is my website down? or Is the website down? or Down for me or everyone? if this question has ever bothered you then this article must have solved your problem. If you liked this article then do not forget to share it among your peers.
Thank you for crossing by.
How to Tell Military Time?
It suffices to say that time is the most valuable thing, whether you assign any money value to it or not. How to manage time is one of the main issues people, have always stressed upon.
Time management is a skill most people need to learn, as in order to survive these cut-throat competition tasks need to be accomplished on time.
Most of the people are not acquainted with how to tell military time. The term “military time” also famous as “soldier’s time” is a synonym for the 24-hour clock. In crux, the main difference between regular and military time is how the hours are expressed.
Military time operates on a 24- hour clock that begins at midnight, which is referred to as 0000 hours. In order to avoid the confusion between a.m. and p.m. hours, the airlines, public transit, and the armed forces use military time. Let’s dig more into the concept of the following points-
Understand the 12-Hour and 24-Hour Time Systems
Basically, there are two main systems for telling the time, the 12-hour and the 24-hour. Under the 24-hour clock system, the hours of the day run, midnight to midnight. The midnight military time, in the case of 24- hour time notation is 00:00.
What is midnight in military time, usually confuses people? Midnight is sometimes rendered at 24:00 to indicate the end of the day.
The 24-hour clock is popular around the world, and was adopted first by the US Navy in 1920, and then by the Army in 1942, during WWII.
Basics of Military Clock in Order to How to Tell Military Time
Military Time leaves less room for confusion than the standard time. Military Time can only be shown on digital clocks like the Military Time Clock. Round analog clock dials with their 12-hour dials are not adequate for displaying military time. The countries like UK, Germany, Canada, etc. use military time as their main time format. Example-
- 12:00 a.m. is usually referred to as both 0000 and 2400 hours.
- 7:00 a.m. is referred to as 0700 hours.
- 1 p.m. is 1300 hours.
- The midnight is sometimes pronounced as “Twenty-four hundred hours”.
In simple words, for a military time that’s 1300 or larger, simply subtract 1200 to get the standard time.
Details about Hours and Minutes in Military Time
How to read military time and to speak it out can be tricky. In order to find out, what time is it military time, just keep in mind the following key connotations.
- Using particular words- Always use “hundred” instead of “thousand.” So 0700 would be spoken “zero seven hundred.” 5 PM would be “seventeen hundred hours.”
- 1000 would be spoken as “ten hundred” not “one thousand.
- Pronunciation with minutes- To say time with minutes, simply pronounce each number. E.g. 0215 is “Zero Two Fifteen Hours”. 0418 will be “Zero Four Eighteen “.
- Use of colon- While writing a military time, don’t place a colon between the hour and the minute.
- Use of “hour”- Using the word “hours” is optional. It will vary by what branch of the military you will be dealing with. However, while making a formal communication use of the word “hours” is recommended.
- Using “zero”- Saying “zero” is a part of military communication protocol.
- Using the word “Oh”- In a more colloquial pronunciation Zero is replaced with “Oh”. Let’s say for 0700 it will be oh seven hundred!
Conversion of Regular Time to Military Time
Once you become fluent with how to write military time and its basics, the military time conversion becomes a piece of cake. The simple trick is to use the first two digits to get the a.m. hour, and the last two digits to get the minutes to convert into military time.
A) For example, 0750 hours means 7 hours and 50 minutes, or 7:50 a.m.
B) 1030 hours means 10 hours and 30 minutes, or 10:30 a.m.
The military time conversion chart is as follows:
|Time||Military Time Equivalent|
|Midnight (12 a.m.)||0000 hrs|
|1 a.m.||0100 hrs|
|2 a.m.||0200 hrs|
|3 a.m.||0300 hrs|
|4 a.m.||0400 hrs|
|5 a.m.||0500 hrs|
|6 a.m.||0600 hrs|
|7 a.m.||0700 hrs|
|8 a.m.||0800 hrs|
|9 a.m.||0900 hrs|
|10 a.m.||1000 hrs|
|11 a.m.||1100 hrs|
|12 p.m.||1200 hrs|
|1 p.m.||1300 hrs|
|2 p.m.||1400 hrs|
|3 p.m.||1500 hrs|
|4 p.m.||1600 hrs|
|5 p.m.||1700 hrs|
|6 p.m.||1800 hrs|
|7 p.m.||1900 hrs|
|8 p.m.||2000 hrs|
|9 p.m.||2100 hrs|
|10 p.m.||2200 hrs|
|11 p.m.||2300 hrs|
Just keep a note of the few basics of military time chart in order to find out that what time is it in military time-
1) For hours below 10, you just add a zero in front of it. So 9:00 a.m. becomes 0900. Or let’s say for 8:00 a.m. it is 0800 hours.
2) A number greater than 1200, implies that you have reached the afternoon hours. Thus, for a military time that’s 1300 or larger, simply subtract 1200 to get the standard time.
3) Add 1200 to any time from 1:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. in order to convert standard time to military time. E.g. To say 5:30 p.m. in military language, add 1200 to 5:30 to get 1730.
Understanding the Term “Zulu.”
Zulu is used in the military and in navigation generally as a term for Greenwich Mean Time. It is used in conjunction with military time. It’s the same time everywhere on earth i.e. all over the planet it is the same time.
The letter Z may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Zulu Time Zone, such as 06:00 Z. It is spoken as “zero six hundred Zulu.”
Zulu time is basically used when it comes to operational matters. There are many other time zones used by military references, but Zulu is used most common amongst them.
Military Time leaves less room for confusion than Standard Time. Thus, it is the time format preferred by the scientific, medical and military communities, and is also used by railroads and airlines. E.g. “You need to report to duty at 0700,” would mean you have to be at work at 7:00 AM.
Once you get an overview and understand the basics thoroughly, how to tell military time is no harder to learn. Once practiced it becomes the second nature, and slowly even the mental conversion becomes easier.
Set your devices to a 24-hour clock and keep the practice mode on, to understand it faster. Wave off all the confusion by using military time and say bye to the civilian 12-hour clock.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer?
How to Find Wifi Password on iPhone?
How To Use Google DNS Servers?
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech2 weeks ago
How to Solve Yahoo Mail not Working?
Computers3 weeks ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Mac1 week ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech2 weeks ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
iOS3 weeks ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Tech2 weeks ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tech2 weeks ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Windows3 weeks ago
How to check RAM type (DDR, DDR2 or DDR3) in Windows?