The iPhone is the flagship smartphone of Apple Inc. Defining style, tech-savvy and futuristic aesthetics, the iPhone is a major player in the smartphone revolution, with more than 15% of all smartphones worldwide being Apple iPhones.
Initially released in 2007 by the co-founder of Apple – Steve Jobs, the iPhone uses Apple’s patented iOS operating system. The latest iPhones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S work on version 9.2 of the iOS operating system. Any day, the iPhone is a status enhancer.
But sometimes, it really drops big in the performance aspect. Sometimes, it fails to connect and sometimes it just plain shuts down and doesn’t want to work again. For those of you having the problem, here’s our guide on how to fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes.
So, there are several ways to tackle this. We’ve decided to list this guide in order to ease solving the problem. So, without further ado, here’s how to remedy iPhone disabled connect to iTunes
- Outdated iTunes: The most commonly cited problem, it may come as a surprise that a lot of people use outdated versions of iTunes on their PCs and need to update them in order to sync with the newer versions of the iPhone.This is the primary reason for iPhone not showing up in iTunes. Also, if you have a fully updated version, try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.
- Malfunctioning iPhone Software: This is a really basic problem and is the most easily remedied. Simply restart your iPhone and reconnect it to the PC. It should detect now.
- iPhone Driver Not Installed/Corrupt/Outdated: If your iPhone isn’t connecting to the PC itself and you sometimes get a message like “USB device not recognized” or “iTunes was unable to find your device”, it may well be a problem with the driver in your PC. To correct this:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound>> Devices and Printers >> Unspecified. Here, look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
- Right-click the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver and then select Properties from the menu drop-down list.
- Select the “Hardware” tab at the top of the Properties dialog box and click properties again (it’s located on the lower right-hand side)
- On the window that opens, under the “Driver” tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable. So, you need to select and click the “Change Settings” button located near the lower-left corner and allow yourself access.
- Now you can click the “Driver” tab menu near the top. Now, you can see the “Update Driver” button.
- Click “Update Driver”.
- Select and click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- For Windows, it should be located in the folder: C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers.
- Click Next and let the driver re-install.
- iTunes should open automatically if your iPhone is connected already.
If you’re using a Mac, however, this procedure is a little different:
- Hold down the options key.
- Click the Apple Menu.
- Choose System report/information
- Select USB from the list on the left
- Attempt to find your iPhone, iPad or iPod from the USB Device Tree; if you can’t find it, the driver has been corrupted and you need to Fix your OS X.
- iPhone Needs to Be Rolled Back to the Last Known Working Version: There are chances that your iPhone firmware is corrupt and it needs to be put in recovery mode. In this case, it’s best that you have a backup of your data on iCloud or iTunes. To do this:
- Update your iTunes: Start by updating your iTunes, if you didn’t already
- Disconnect your iPhone: Disconnect your iPhone from the USB port of the PC.
- Switch on iTunes: Switch on iTunes (duh!)
- Put your Phone on recovery mode: Hold the Home button and the power button down together for about 20 seconds and it should restart.
- Connect to the PC: Connect your iPhone to the PC while keeping the home button pressed
- Wait for iTunes to detect the iPhone: Wait for iTunes to detect the iPhone. A popup notification should display with the text “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery” or something similar.
- Go to the options menu and choose the recovery option: Go to the options menu and choose the recovery option you prefer. This includes restoring data or rolling back to a previously backed up point or to reset it to its base factory settings.
- If all else fails – hard reset: If all the above options don’t work, the last option you have before you is to take both your PC and iPhone to the Apple iStore to hard reset your phone. To do this, all you have to do is hold down the Home button and the wake/sleep button together for about 30 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Then just wait for it to boot and try connecting to your PC again.
- Last stand at the iStore – If all the attempts you’ve made have been futile, it’s time to retreat to the mother ship. Take your device to the iStore and get someone at the Genius Bar to solve your problem.
As a HUGE admirer of the Apple Franchise and a fan of the iPhone, I had a great time writing this article for you. If your iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone, then it’s a pretty distressful situation; so, I hope you were able to save it with ease and in time.
Also, FYI – these tips are applicable to most other Apple products like the iPod and iPad. The differences are minimal. iTunes is a really vital part of the Apple tech-ecosystem, so it’s only logical that different Apple products connect to it. So, if you have a problem with any of the other Apple wireless devices, this guide is applicable to them as well.
Share your views about troubleshooting this problem with our readers in the comments section below and help them get over how to fix the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
How to Resolve If iPhone Keeps Restarting
We are more attached to our iPhones than we are to our very own family members. So, if our beloved my iPhone keeps restarting, it is a very harrowing experience indeed. But worry not, for we are here to help you should you ever find yourself in such an unfortunate situation.
A few weeks back faced with the same problem, I found no clear solutions listed online and hence that was the inspiration for this article. Some of the steps here may appear far too complicated for you, so it is always advisable to get your iPhone checked out by a professional if anything major seems to be the problem.
However, for a quick fix, if your iPhone 6 keeps restarting, this article will be your ultimate guide
What to Do If iPhone Keeps Restarting
So there are quite a few ways to fix this annoying problem with your iPhone. We have listed 9 of them here in increasing magnitude of complexity. So let’s get right into it!
#1. Toggle Your Cellular Data
We start off with the easy stuff. Although, not always the most useful, it’s worth giving it a try if the iPhone keeps rebooting.
Step 1: Open ‘Settings.’
Step 2: Go to ‘Cellular’ or ‘Mobile’.
Step 3: Turn ‘On’ or ‘Off’ ‘Mobile Data’.
Switch off your mobile data, then turn it on. Check whether your problem is solved.
#2. Uninstall Newly Downloaded Apps
Any newly downloaded apps could harm your device without your knowledge. To uninstall your new apps then reboot your phone and hope to get rid of this headache. Wondering how you can do it if your iPhone 5 keeps restarting? Well, read on, for the solution! iphone 5 keeps restarting
Go to Settings, then click on the Privacy option and next navigate to the Diagnostics & Usage box followed by Diagnostic & Usage Data.
You will find several apps in this list. If you find one app being listed over and over again, then that app might be the culprit and uninstalling it could relieve you of the problem.
#3. Update The iOS Software of Your Phone
Using an older version of iOS may be the reason because of which your iPhone keeps rebooting. You have a simple fix for this problem. Update your iPhone to a new version of iOS.
Step 1: Open the ‘Settings‘ option on your phone.
Step 2: Tap on the ‘General’ tab.
Step 3: Select ‘Software Update‘.
If there is any newer version available, your phone will be updated.
#4. Remove Sim From Your Phone
Removing your sim card is another option for you. Remove your sim card and check if your phone is not rebooting then put it back. After putting back the sim if your phone is again rebooting then change that sim.
#5. Backup Your iPhone and Reset It
This may result in a loss of data, but often resetting is the only option left for us.
Step 1: At first, go to the ‘Settings‘ option in your iPhone.
Step 2: There you choose ‘General’ tab.
Step 3: Under that select ‘Reset’ option.
Step 4: Then tap on the ‘Reset All Settings’ button.
Step 5: At last, select ‘Reset’.
After resetting restore the backups. For a detailed article on this subject click on this link.
#6. Restore Your Phone by iTune
All data on your phone will be erased if you restore your phone and the software problem of your phone might be fixed. Then you have to restore your data by iTunes.
#7. Doing A Hard Restart
To hard restart your phone, hold the power button and home button together. Within a few seconds, your phone will start to reboot. An apple logo will appear on your screen. Then your phone will restart. At first try with other solutions, they are recommended before you try a hard reboot.
#8. Change Your Battery
A battery replacement may help. If your phone is not recently bought and of course not within the warranty period then you may take a try changing your battery with a new one. It may help when your iPhone keeps restarting continuously. If you have some time left on your warranty, replacing your phone would be the right choice.
#9. Repair Phone at Nearest Apple Centre
If none of the ways mentioned above worked out, then you should take your phone to your nearest Genius Bar. There must be some other problem because of which your iPhone keeps rebooting. The best bet for you then would be to get your iPhone repaired.
I hope that this article helped in finding an answer to your question, “Why does my iPhone keeps restarting ?”If you enjoyed it, do consider sharing it with your friends on social media. If you have any comments or queries leave them in the comment box below, and we will see you in the net one!
Till then you can have a look at some of our other interesting articles by clicking on this link.
How to Fix iMessage on Your iPhone?
iMessage is a privilege that Apple users get to send and receive SMS-like text messages, and MMS-style multimedia messages just like a phone. Here, instead of the phone number, it uses your email address.
But, before you can start using messages, and send texts, photos, videos, voice memos, locations, and contact cards through this service, you need to set it up.
If your device is synced to iCloud, then there is a big probability that iMessage is already set up, or else you need to do it. The problem starts when after the activation of the service you find that iMessage not delivered or iMessage not working on iPhone.
Once iMessage is activated and working, sending and receiving texts and multimedia messages with other Apple users is similar to SMS and MMS, but if your iPhone not sending texts or if it is not receiving text messages then it can be due to the network error.
Try to re-activate iMessage by opening the settings app. Then tap on messages and toggle it on and off. If there is a minor glitch, then this should solve your problem of not receiving iMessages.
Many a time, users find that their iMessage is not activated. They get the message ‘Waiting for activation….’ which is followed by ‘Activation unsuccessful’ after a while.
This is frustrating as it simply means that iPhone not getting texts or iMessages not working. The same issue also happens with Facetime at times.
Before you start racking your brains about the issue that iPhone iMessage not working, just keep in mind that activation may take up to 24 hours to complete. So, please don’t keep on toggling between on and off and leave it enabled for that time period.
If still after 24 hours, iMessage not working on iPhone then the following steps will explain how to troubleshoot iMessage activation issues on iPhone.
How to Fix iMessage Not Working on iPhone?
- Toggle iMessage Off and On
This quick-fix works most of the time when iPhone not sending iMessages or iPhone not receiving texts. For this, go to Settings > Messages> Turn off the button next to iMessage.
Hold the power button down till the time you see ‘Slide to Power Off’ and turn off your iPhone. Turn your device back on and again go to Settings > Messages> Turn on the button next to iMessage.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
iMessage needs a Wi-Fi or a data plan to work. So, check if the internet is working by opening any website. If the site does not load, it means the problem is with the connection and not iMessage. You can also check by switching off Wi-Fi and sending the message through the data plan.
3. Check Your Apple ID
Ensure that you are using a valid Apple ID at myinfo.apple.com and also that date, time, and time zone are set correctly.
4. iMessage Is Set Up Correctly
To check this, go to Settings -> Messages and tap to open the menu item called ‘Send & Receive.’ Here, you will find the list of the phone numbers and email addresses that are configured to send and receive iMessages on your device.
Look under the section titled ‘Start New Conversations From.’ Sometimes, the culprit of iMessages not sending is hidden here. Look whether there is a checkmark or not next to your phone number.
If not, then tap on your phone number to activate iMessage for your number. If it is checked then in ‘Send & Receive’ tap on where it says ‘Apple ID’; sign out from there and sign back in.
5. Check for iOS Updates
Sometimes, Apple keeps sending updates to address iMessage issues, so check if some update is available that you need to install. Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update and check if there are any iOS updates for your iPhone.
6. Reset Network Settings
Often, restoring your iPhone’s network settings back to factory defaults can resolve an issue with iMessage. To reset your iPhone to network settings, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and choose ‘Reset Network Settings’.
Here you have to keep in mind that resetting will erase all saved Wi-Fi passwords. So, before doing so, make sure you know then as you will need to re-enter them when your iPhone reboots.
7. Contact Apple Support
The last resort, if nothing works, is to contact Apple support. You escalate your issue of iMessage not working on iPhone to Apple engineers who would personally resolve the issue. You can either ask them to resolve the issue online and in the extreme case, you will have to visit the Apple store nearby.
At times, the most stubborn issue to resolve is “iMessage Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again.” It sounds so simple, and you will feel that it is fine.
It might have happened due to some network issues or minor glitch and activating again will solve the problem. The frustration sets in when every time you try, you end up getting the same message.
So, if you face any such scenario, then what to do?
First, try the simple solutions discussed above and if they do not work the first thing to do is back up your iPhone. Better will be to back up to iTunes and select the option to encrypt your backup. This will save you from any trouble in case something goes awry as you will have the backup to fall back on.
When you call the Apple representative, they often suggest to go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset Network Settings.” This step resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before and you will need to re-enter the passwords when the phone reboots.
But, if this last resort suggested by Apple representative does not work, try the following before heading to the Apple center.
Go to Settings > General > Reset and select “Reset All Settings”. By doing this, all settings are reset to the iOS defaults and hereby all settings it means Wi-Fi, sounds, and wallpapers, etc. This will surely solve your problem.
How to Delete All Photos From iPhone At Once?
If you have stored hundreds and thousands of photos on your iPhone, then now it’s time to empty your storage space. Because not all the photos are important, some are just a copy of others.
Sometimes, you need to delete all the photos as you might have either backed them up on your PC, or they are not required at all. Today we are going to learn how to delete all photos from iPhone in just one swipe.
You save all your best memories of your life in the form of beautiful photographs. iPhone has the best quality camera to click photos. But at times, you need your phone for many other purposes.
In that case, you just need to delete all the pics and save the storage for other important files. In other smartphones, you can use an SD card to store photos, but unfortunately, iPhone doesn’t have this feature.
You either have to store your camera roll on your PC or delete all the pics. There are many people who use the iPhone without knowing how to Bulk Remove Many Photos on iPhone. Deleting photos from iPhone is quite simple; you will know how to delete all photos on iPhone if you read through this article.
In previous versions of iPhone iOS 8 and below, you had to select photos one by one and then delete them. But operating system 9 has an added feature of removing the entire picture in a single swipe.
This task has become more easy and quick with the improved version of iOS 9. Before, going ahead do remember to save all your pics on your Mac or PC with the help of USB cable.
On your Mac, you can take help of the application “Image Capture”. It will display all of the snaps on your device’s camera roll. You can use Image Capture to ingress the shots to your PC or delete numerous pictures all at one time.
On your Windows PC, you have to connect your iPhone with the help of USB. Follow the step given below:
- After connecting your iPhone with cable, you will see a pop-up window by the name of your device. This window will have various options like Import photos, download images, open the device to new files and Zip from Camera. You have to choose “Open device to view files.”
- Choose the DCIM file and select all the pictures from that folder and erase it by clicking on Delete from the drop-down index.
- It will erase all your photos with just one click, and your iPhone will have empty storage for other important files.
How to delete photo albums from iPhone?
The above method explained how to remove photos from your iPhone through your PC. But at times when you need free space immediately on your iPhone and do not have time to erase images through your PC.
At this time you can follow an easy, quick and safe way to remove all the photos altogether from your iPhone itself. You just have to follow the easy steps explained below:
- Go to your home screen and tap on the Photo App image. It will open your Albums which will have all your clicked images.
- Click on the “Edit” key at the upper right side of the screen. All the albums to be deleted will then have a small Red Delete sign related to them.
- Click on the red Delete sign of the photo album you want to scrap. At that time click on the big Delete button to the right side of the album.
- A pop warning will appear on the screen to approve you really want to delete this album. Click the “Delete Album.”
You must take care of the fact that only the selected album or albums will get erased. But remember that photos will still be there in your camera roll till you don’t erase them from there.
How to Delete All Photos from iPhone in One swipe
How to delete multiple photos on iPhone?
- Launch the Photos app by clicking the Photos sign on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Choose an album to be deleted. Click on the Camera Roll from the Albums index. You have to tap for deleting each image in each album.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- Select every single photo in your Camera Roll until they are all selected, click on the Delete key.
- Click on the “Delete Selected Photos” button to get clear them from your iPhone permanently.
If you want to delete all photos from iPhone albums and iCloud Photo Stream, use the above procedure as it is very easy and quick. If you make use of iCloud’s Photo Stream, you can scrap photos on your iPhone. There is an alternate way to select multiple images on your phone and just one click and quickly remove them. Let’s see how it is done.
- Open the Photo app again on the home screen
- Click on the Photos icon at the bottom of your iPhone.
- The next step is not that easy to understand, but if you have your iPhone near you, then it is easy to delete many photos altogether.
After tapping the Photo goes to Years > Collections > Moments. You need to follow a sure pattern for this. Go to Moments>Years. It will take you to the particular year’s photos “Collection” and then you head to Moments.
- After you go to Moments scene, tap on the Select button at the topmost corner of the iPhone.
- Tapping on the Select button of an exact Moment chooses all the photographs in this Moment. The Moment can just get discarded by clicking on the “Deselect” key.
- Later picking as many Moments as you need, tap on the Trash sign shown at the bottom right of the iPhone screen. The entire list of the photo selected by you will be erased.
I think it is now it is clear how to remove bulk photos from your iPhone (delete all photos) easily and safely. It is always recommended that you have a backup created on your PC before you delete the images.
How To Clear Cache On iPhone?
The iPhone and iPad are pretty user-friendly devices, but iOS still gets hung up over time with too many unnecessary files filling up the memory.
When you first buy your iPhone or iPad, the feeling is amazing because of the brand new device and because of its terrific performance. But later, things sometimes things slowly stop getting refreshed with new data, or some sort of storage space problems occur.
So, it is necessary to give your device a neat speed boost (erasing unnecessary files in the operating system, and unnecessary cache items). The procedures on how to clear cache on iPhone will be discussed in this article.
How To Clear Cache On iPhone
Giving your device a spring clean increases its performance, especially if it is an old model. But cleaning also helps in getting more out of the operating system by allowing you to focus on the items you need and use.
Apple operating systems would not require the same level of maintenance as the Mac OS X, however, they still need some attention to run at excellent speed Starting with how to clear cache in Safari, there are few simple steps that can be followed.
- First, go to the option Settings and then go to “Safari.”
- You will then find ‘Clear History and Website Data.’
- Now you can select the same and the cookies will be cleared.
Most of the times these cached files to use more space than we think, or sometimes a particular app might have problems with cached data and won’t reload with live data. In these kinds of situations, you will have to clear out the iPhone memory and caches. Cache files can be traced in many applications of iPhones.
For example, Safari uses cache for storing up data about the websites you recently visited and uses them in order to enhance your browsing experience. Even though this is good to have when it comes to making the site, these cache files use a good amount of storage space on your phone.
It is not just the cached files that will create local files. When an app is downloaded from the store, the size of the app shown there doesn’t always represent the total space occupied. As this app is used, cache files will begin to accumulate and begin to use some more extra storage space.
Some important steps on how to clear space on iPhone are given below. Data stored by other apps can be cleared by using the ‘Usage’ option which is available in the Settings menu. You can follow these simple steps to clear the unnecessary files on your iPhone and make more space on the phone.
- Go to the Settings option, select General, then select Storage and then iCloud Usage.
- Now go to Manage Storage.
- You can select an item in the “Documents and Data”.
- Push the unwanted data to the left and tap on the “Delete” option.
- Now you can select the Edit option and tap on Delete All to clear all the data from the apps.
PhoneClean by iMobie is another way to clear unwanted files from your phone. Here are the steps on how to clear iPhone cache.
- Use a compatible USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Now, Go to PhoneClean and then click on Scan.
- After the completion of the Scan, you can select the “Clean” option.
Cache files normally do not affect the performance of the application, as it is built to accelerate an app. However, they can increase the storage system, and they might require some management depending on how these files are managed by the app or the operating system.
Apple does not have an option of cleaning a specific app’s cache unless the app is uninstalled completely from your device, or unless a user specifically adds the feature into the app.
When an uninstallation of the app is done on your iPhone, everything a user has in that particular app will be deleted, which also includes the cache.
BatteryDoctor is another way to clear cache and cookies on the iPhone. The first thing to do is to head over to the Apple Store and download the app. BatteryDoctor provides information about your battery and also helps in iPhone clear cache process. The steps you need to follow are given.
- Go to the BatteryDoctor app.
- Pick the Junk tab.
- Select ‘Clean Up Cache’.
- Select ‘Clean.’
- Keep patience till the BatteryDoctor scans all of your files.
- Select Memory.
- Select Boost.
BatteryDoctor will update you about how much memory has been cleared. The BatteryDoctor has yet another superb feature, and it is the Memory. You can use this app to boost your device, especially when it is down on memory.
This is of help when the apps which were open a long time ago, are no longer in use right now, are taking RAM and probably bringing down multi-tasking, etc. The operating system is supposed to handle all this, but having some control is good too. You should now find the performance of your device a little snappier.
Information on how to clear iPhone is provided. Apple operating systems must handle your memory in an effective way, and applications that are run in the background should not use much memory. Restarting your device helps in having clear cache iPhone and boosts the device. The steps to clear cache on iPhone are as follows.
- Hold up the Sleep or Wake button until the appearance of ‘Slide to power off.’
- By sliding the power off, switch shut down the device.
- Keep patience until the device has completely powered down. Now press and hold the Sleep or Wake button to turn on the device.
Doing this on a regular basis is crucial for your device, and it is useful especially in older models.
In order to get clear cache iPhone, there are some steps you can follow. They are as follows.
- Go to Settings, then to General, Usage, and to Manage Storage.
- Now you can select an app and tap on ‘Clear App’s Cache option.
Having followed these steps, your iPhone must be running faster again with improvised performance.
How to Fix Headphones?
You love to hear music while working and while exercising and for that you bought a nice, shiny new pair of iPhone 6 headphones. You are amazed by the sound quality and don’t feel tired telling your friends how good the bass is.
This happiness lasts for a few months and then the heartbreaking moment happens. You were listening to your favorite song when suddenly you hear a slight crackle, and the song goes mute. Your valued possession has just turned to a very inefficient paperweight and you are sulking that How to fix headphones not working.
This is a familiar episode that repeats with nine out of ten people. If you wish to know how to fix headphones then you need not waste money every time this episode repeats with you.
We all know that this happens because the cables almost invariably weaken and breakthrough constant movement. The majority of breaks occur just at the point where the cables leave the jack. It is the point of highest stress and thus you should learn how to fix headphone jack.
Some manufacturers do use durable cables and reinforce the places where the cables join the jack plug and the phones, but still, they break sooner or later. If you are ready to put in a little effort then you don’t need to throw your headphones into trash over the issue that headphones not working.
How to Fix Headphones not Working on iPhone
If you follow the below instructions wisely, you will be able to fix those headphones. Here’s how to fix broken headphones. So to answer your question “What can I do now that my headphones wont work?”, you will require a few things.
- The broken earbud headphones that need to be fixed.
- A replacement jack plug. Buy the replacement that matches the size of your original plug. One thing to note here is that the replacement jack plug will almost certainly be considerably larger than the moulded plug you’re replacing. It is because the tiny plugs fitted in factories are soldered and moulded on by machines.
- A soldering iron and solder.
- A vice to hold things safely while soldering.
- A matchbox or better still will be a cigarette lighter.
- A penknife, some scissors, or a wire cutter.
Once you have everything ready, follow the step-by-step guide on how to fix earphones.
Step 1: The very first thing that you need to do is to get rid of the old jack attached to the wire to reach to the root of the problem. Just cut one or two inches from the old jack. Now you want to strip about 2 inches of insulation from where the jack used to be.
Step 2: As you strip the wire, you will see 4 wires. Two of these will be ground and so they can be twisted together. The other 2 wires should be red and green. The earbud cables are wired up slightly differently in different cables.
You can have a red or green wire inside surrounded by ordinary, copper-colored wire or green or red cable surrounded by red and green “striped” wire. In this case, the stripped red and green is the ground wire, which was copper-colored in the other cable.
Step 3: Now strike a match and briefly heat the ends of all three wires to burn off the insulating covering. You can also use scissors or leatherman to scrape the insulation if you wish.
This step is important for making the proper electrical connection when you solder. Make sure not to burn too much as you just want to get rid of insulation; you definitely don’t want to make wires too black and brittle.
Step 4: Unscrew the case of your jack plug and you’ll find the three terminals for the three wires in your cable: red, green and the twisted ground ones. You need to now solder these wires to the jack, but before doing that there is a common mistake, which people make and then they have to redo it, which is frustrating.
So, before you further proceed on how to fix earbuds, thread the cable through the top (plastic) part of the plug, which is the cover.
Step 5: The time has come for tinning the wires. Tinning means you lightly cover the bare cables with solder so that they make better joints and better electrical contact.
For this, take your soldering iron and cover each wire in solder. If you see a nice, shiny coating you can bang on. This also allows us to slip each wire through the respective holes on the stereo plug easily.
Step 6: It is very important to make a good mechanical joint between the wires and the terminals. So, poke the wires through the holes and wrap them round a couple of times before you solder. Also, check the wiring before soldering.
Put the ear-buds into your music player and with the wires touching the contacts, see if you hear stereo. If the sound is coming then everything is fine and you just need to secure the connection by soldering them.
If you don’t hear the sound even after touching the wires firmly to the contacts then you need to check your connections again.
Step 7: Once sound starts coming, you can go ahead with the soldering part. The copper-colored ground wire goes to the large outer terminal. The green wire goes to the central terminal and the red goes to the remaining terminal.
Care should be taken not to touch the bottom of the jack plug while soldering as heat travels through the electrical pins quickly and it can burn your fingers. So, always use a vice to hold it.
Step 8: Once you are through with soldering, place all three soldered wires inside the clamp at the top of the plug and crimp it tight with some pliers. This ensures that the soldered connections are secure and don’t break when you pull on the cable.
Now you are ready to reap the benefits of all your hard work. So, sit back and listen to your favorite song using the earphones you just repaired.
Computers5 months ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
iOS3 months ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Tech2 years ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
Tech2 years ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Mac2 years ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tutorials2 years ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Tech2 years ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Mac2 years ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac