If we talk about the history of the mankind, I feel it wouldn’t be inapt to say that the computer is the most important invention witnessed till date. The importance of organising cannot be overlooked, be it any aspect of life. To know that How to delete folders on computer, in order to add that extra storage capacity, is vital.
A folder is, basically, a virtual location where programs, files, and other folders can be located. Not only do folders hold files, but they also can hold other folders. A folder within a folder is, normally, called a subfolder. In crux, a folder is a way to organise computer files.
It can be really inconvenient for one, in case he or she, runs out of storage space on a computer. If not organised properly, juggling with a lot of applications can prove to be a daunting task. It even slows down the functioning of the Windows. So, in order to manage space, let’s have a look at How to delete folders in Windows:
How to Delete a Computer File or Folder in Windows Explorer
You can clear up clutter on your computer by deleting all the unnecessary folders that are no longer required. Let’s have a look at how you can delete a computer file or folder:
- Locate the file or folder- The first step is to locate the file or folder, you wish to delete. To do so, right-click on Start and choose Open Windows Explorer and then browse to locate the file you want to delete.
- Choose Delete- Just right-click the file or folder that you want to delete and then choose Delete. You will see that the Delete File dialog box appears.
- Final Step- Simply, click Yes to delete the file. You can even press the Delete key on your keyboard.
Your file, basically, goes to the recycle bin after this. You can restore or retrieve it, at any time you feel like.
How to Delete Folders on Computer Permanently?
When you delete a file in Windows, the file isn’t “deleted” as such. Instead, Windows simply marks the space it occupies on the hard drive as “empty” so that it can be used to store something else.
In case you want to securely delete files stored on your hard drive, you need to use tools. A number of tools are available in this regard. Let’s give a glance at some of the best picks.
The most trendy and popular tools id Eraser. It is a free and easy-to-use solution that works with nearly every version of Windows. Let’s have a look at the step-by-step process:
- Download the free Eraser tool. Once installed, it integrates nicely into Windows.
- Navigate to the files or folders that you want to securely erase.
- Just right-click on the files and you will see that an Eraser menu will appear.
- Highlight and click on Erase in the Eraser menu.
- Eraser automatically starts functioning.
- Once the task is complete, you will receive a notification regarding the same in the popup window.
The cherry on the cake is that it comes with a host of advanced settings, by which you can even schedule and automatize the secure deletion tasks.
It is a multi-function tool that is trusted by millions and a favourite pick of most of the people. It is a convenient way to clean that unneeded files. It can be a bit confusing, for the initial users, so let’s have a look at the process once:
- Install CCleaner on your Desktop.
- Run the application by double-clicking on the program icon.
- You will see CCleaner has four sections in the left-hand sidebar, namely:
- After this, you will be confronted with several check- boxes. You can check or uncheck these boxes to keep or remove any item from the cleaning process.
- Now, simply click on “Run Cleaner” button, to initiate the process.
The best part of this tool is that it has an inbuilt registry cleaner which finds and fixes all the registry errors.
How to Restore Folders on Computer?
So now that you have learnt how to delete the files on the computer you may be wondering what to do if you might have accidentally deleted something that was important to you. Well we have a solution for that as well as we will teach you how to restore folders on computer
Recovering Deleted Files
It usually happens a lot of times that a person deletes the file and realizes its need later on. How to restore folders in Windows is comparatively easier, in case the file is not permanently deleted. You can always restore it through the following ways:
Recover deleted files from the recycle bin
Just go to the Recycle bin and right-click the file or folder and choose Restore. Windows restores the file to wherever it was when you deleted it.
Recover from Cloud Storage Version
You can even check the cloud storage version of the Recycle Bin. In case your file was stored in a cloud storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive, just log into your account on the service’s website and check your trash there.
Recover files from your backups
The Window comes with various built-in backup tools. Check them, may be, you find a backup copy of the file you are searching.
In case all these measures fail, you are only left with one option, and it is to find the right file recovery program. A lot of freeware options are available to you want to know how to Recover Permanently Deleted Folders:
- Undelete Plus– It comes with advanced filtering options and is one of the most user- friendly techniques. It is an effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files or files removed from the Recycle Bin.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard- It can recover deleted files from the hard drive. The best part is that it can be applied to many data loss situations, like format recovery, virus attack, system crash, raw hard drive and more.
In extreme cases, if the situation demands you can even hire a professional.
How to delete folders on computer is not that tough a task, as it seems to be. Windows have a lot of backup solutions to protect its users against accidental deletion of important files. You can always restore the files; anytime you wish to.
Do perform regular back-ups, in order to ease out the process at a later stage. So, adopt the method of deletion and keep your computer free of all the junk.
How To Sync Google Calendar With Outlook
Google calendar is a time-management web application & mobile app, created by Google.
Which can be used on phones, tablet and computers likewise the Microsoft calendar is a calendar and scheduling component of Outlook, which is fully integrated with email, contacts, and other features. Both calendars have their great features.
If you are a google and outlook calendar user and want to use both the calendars at one place then, you will have to sync google calendar with outlook. In this guide, I will show you the method of syncing google calendar with outlook. Stay tuned.
How To Sync Google Calendar With Outlook
To sync Outlook with Google calendar and Outlook calendar, there are many methods available, by using them you can easily add Google calendar to outlook, google outlook sync is an excellent approach for using two calendars at the one place.
I will show you one of the proper working methods for google calendar sync. Since you are here to learn to sync google calendar with outlook, so assuming that you already know how to use google calendar, we are moving to the actual method.
Step 1: First of all, go to “Outlook Google Calendar Sync” page and download the “ClickOnce Installer” file. Once you click on download, the downloading will begin abruptly.
Step 2: Once done, double click on the downloaded file to install it.
A new window will open up where you have to click on install. You will get more if you give a glance on the screenshot.
Step 3: Once you click the install button a progress dialogue box will be shown up where you can see the progress of the program.
Step 4: After the installation, The “Outlook Google Calendar Sync” will show a new window similar to the image shown in the screenshot.
Afterward, a dialogue box will appear before you containing a warning message saying “A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook.
If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date”. Without any confusion click on allow. The screenshot is given below.
Step 5: Once you click the Allow button, a new window will be opened out there with the “Help” tab active. But as we have to go to the calendars so click on “Settings”.
Step 6: After clicking on Settings, you can see there is a handful of options. On the “Outlook” sub-tab on the left, click on Select Calendar option below the Exchange Web Services.
After clicking on the Select calendar option a drop-down list will open. Choose the calendar you want to sync.
Step 7: Now, all you have to do is select the Google Calendar you want to sync and click on the “Retrieve Calendars”.
If all the procedure mentioned above is being done for the first time, then you may see a confirmation window containing two options to Cancel and Accept. Click on Accept.
Step 8: Once you click on Accept, a web page containing a code language will pop up abruptly. You will have to copy that code and paste it to the “Authorize Google Access” box.
Step 9: As sooner you will paste the code and click on OK, you will be returned to the Setting page again. Now at the Select Calendar option, you can see a drop-down list of calendars associated with your Google account. Now without thinking much, select the calendar you want to sync.
Step 10: Click on Sync Option just below Google. Here you will see three primary sections i.e., How, When and What. Click on the How section and select direction you want to sync in.
For example, if you want to sync Google calendar to Outlook then select Outlook ← Google and vice versa. As you are here to google calendar sync outlook so, choose that option from the drop-down.
Step 11: That's all. Now you are done with the settings with google sync outlook. Now to sync the calendar click on the “Sync” option and click on Start Sync.
You can see the sync progress just on the screen. Once the sync is done a message “Sync finished with success!” will appear on the screen.
When the all the sync is done a sync icon will be displayed on the notification bar. That's it. Your Google calendar has been successfully synced to Outlook. Now you can access and move your data from Google calendar to Outlook quickly
Note: If there are entries on the same date and time on both the calendars then you can merge them by the Settings option however by default Merge with existing entries” is already selected. Other than this you can set up the date range and intervals by the same option.
This was all about How To Sync Google Calendar With Outlook. I hope you have got all your queries solved here. If there is still any doubt, remain you can ask them by dropping the comment in the comment section. If you liked the guide and found it helpful, then do share it with your friends and on social media.
How To Get Facetime For PC
Facetime is probably one of the ostentatious features on the compatible Apple devices. Facetime app allows users to make a video call between any supported devices running Facetime.
Now, if it is available for PC or more precisely, Windows PC becomes an obvious question.
From now on, we will try to find out whether Facetime for PC is available or not. If not, then what are its alternative?. So, let’s get started.
What is Facetime?
Facetime is a product developed by Apple Incorporation which falls into the category of video telephony. It runs on Apple devices that support iOS and those systems that run on MAC OS X 10.6.6 onwards. With Facetime, you can video and audio call.
Some fast facts about Facetime:
1: Facetime was announced on June 7, 201o in concomitance with the iPhone 4.
2: Apple Incorporation bought the feature name “Facetime” from a firm Facetime communications which later changed their name to Actiance Incorporation.
3: Facetime is currently incompatible with non-Apple devices.
4: Privacy is important. Indeed it is. This is why Facetime calls are secured by the end to end encryption so that only sender and receiver are able to access them. Even Apple itself cannot decrypt this data.
5: As of 2010, Facetime was restricted on the devices bought in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan.
How to get Facetime for PC?
Being honest, as of now, there is no official Facetime application for devices or systems other than compatible Apple devices.
So, if you are eagerly looking for a Facetime application for your Windows PC then you will have to wait till Apple Incorporation comes up with the good news of it.
Moreover, if you are vigorously hunting for Facetime for PC around the internet then stop doing that because you will end up with a plethora of misleading links and junk software's which will ultimately result in a big void.
You need not worry about it anymore. We will be providing you better solutions and alternatives in order to overcome this one.
Method #1: Use alternative software's.
1: Skype: Skype is undoubtedly the best alternative to Facetime. One key feature which makes it a class apart is that it is based on the freemium model. Most of its services are free.
Skype is available on Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Blackberry, iOS, and Windows smartphones and tablets.
The fast facts about Skype say that it was first released in the month of August 2003 and was acquired by Microsoft in May 2011 for 8.5 billion dollars. You can use Skype to make a video call to another person regardless of the fact that where the person lives in.
Additionally, you can also make a phone call over the internet. We would recommend going for Skype if it best meets your requirements.
2: Hangout: Hangout, yet another great product from Google. Google Hangout is a communication platform which facilitates the users by the features like video chat, instant messaging and VOIP (voice over internet protocol).
One of the official statements made by Google says that Hangouts is designed to be “the future” of its telephony product.
So, we can expect more revolutionary features from Google which will make the telephony technology more advanced and comfortable. Google Hangouts are extremely useful while having a video conferencing.
3: 00V00: ooVoo is yet another great product in the list. It works well on almost all the operating systems and is specially designed for video chat and instant messaging.
The registered users are allowed to communicate through the utmost of twelve connections simultaneously. ooVoo was founded in 2006 by Ohio entrepreneur in 2006.
4: Tango: Tango is a cross-platform application which provides features like messaging and video calls over over 3G, 4G and WiFi networks.
As of the statistics are concerned, Tango is the 12th most downloaded application among Android devices and has more than 200 million registered user as of March 2014.
Along with the free video call feature, it also provides features like voice calls, photo sharing, and games.
Method #2: Buy an Apple device with Facetime Feature.
This may sound a little weird but it is possibly the best solution for getting the Facetime. As we know that currently, Facetime application is exclusively for Apple devices.
So, going for one seems to be quite promising. Alternatively, you can consider buying an old one for this. If Facetime is your only concern, then this might do the needful, probably.
This brings us to the end of this article. We hope that you were able to find out that “Facetime for Personal Computers ” is available or not.
Moreover, we tried to equip you with the better alternatives of Facetime which you can use in order to connect with your peers, family, and friends.
If you find this article worthy, kindly share and let everybody know about it. For more of such articles on facetime click here.
Thank you for stopping by and being a wonderful reader.
How To Use Google Advanced Image Search For Finding Royalty FREE Images
Let us start with a simple question, what's the most common way that you use to find images? Most of the people just Google about the topic, save the images that they like and use them for their purpose.
Many people even put their own watermarks on the images they found on Google, well all these things are actually wrong you may have to pay a fine of almost 1000$ per image.
You never know that the image you downloaded from Google is copyrighted or not. Personally speaking, many of my fellow blogger friends have already faced an issue because of using copyrighted images.
Sometimes you may even have to shut your blog down.
You must be thinking that the best way is to generate the images yourself. Well, this is not the only solution, no doubt this is one of the best ways. I
n this article, I will be showing you How To Use Google Advanced Image Search For Finding Royalty FREE Images.
You must be wondering what do I exactly mean by Royalty free images, these are some images which are not acclaimed/copyrighted by any online firm or blog.
It means you guys can use these images in any way you want, no one will charge you even if you put on your own watermark on these images.
These images also prove to be pretty handy to the people who design flyers/posters for different firms and educational agencies.
So without any further delay lets get down to the main topic, below are given the steps using which you will easily be able to find some useful and royalty free images.
Follow the steps as listed below:-
- Google whichever topic that you want to search the image on and select the images tab.
- Now all the right you will see a gear icon, all you need to do is just click on that gear icon and go to advanced search.
- Now once you click on Advanced search, it will open up a completely new window in the same tab, here you will see a lot many setting, all you need to do is just simply scroll down to Usage Rights once you click on that it will open up a drop-down menu, from this drop-down menu select “Free to use and share even commercially “.
- Now once you have done this, without playing around with the other options, just go ahead and click on advanced search button which will be on the right side in blue colour.
- Once you click on the button it will take you back to the image window in the same tab, but this time all the images you see up there are completely royalty free and meant to be used in any way that you want to.
- So all good to go? you will now also get some additional features, for eg:- when you click on Labeled for reuse you will get several options and you select the one you feel the most suitable to you.
Hope this article helped you out, Keep stalking for more tricks 🙂
How to Update Facebook Status via Anything
Well isn't it annoying when you see a friend posting his status update via iOS device when you know that he uses a Blackberry or some other low-end device, or a friend sitting beside you posts an update via McDonald ;-)?
Now no need to worry, the reason for you getting irritated after seeing such updates is just that you don't know a simple trick that they all do.
If you are one of those who do not know about this simple and easy trick, you are at the right place, in this article I will be you teaching you this trick.
So that you can also tick on your Facebook friends instead of getting irritated by there updates ;-).
Follow the following steps in order to Update your Facebook Status via anything:-
1. Well, firstly login to your Facebook account in one tab.
2. Now open up a new tab in the same browser window in which you logged in your Facebook account
3. Now open FbSatusVia, it's a website that links your Facebook profile and lets you update your Facebook status via almost anything.
4. Now on the first page of this website, you will see a complete big list of all the thing via which you can post your status update.
5. Go ahead and select the one via which you want to post your update.
6. Once you select it to show a pop up window, which is already linked to your Facebook profile, however if you haven't logged in to your Facebook account in the previous tab it will ask you to login first by entering your credentials, so don't be afraid of enter your credentials thinking that they may go into some wrong hands thought this website, this site does not store your credentials, it just link it up with Facebook.
7. So once you a successfully logged in, you will be able to see a window asking you to type your status that you want to post, and below the text box, you'll be able to see that via what are you going to post the status.
8. Just type your status up here can click on a post, this will automatically post the status update on your timeline via, the device/ thing you selected.
So, guys hope you liked this trick, now go ahead and tick all your Facebook friends with the help of this trick.
Keep Stalking for more tricks about Facebook, that will prove helpful to you.
How To Embed Instagram Photos On Your Blog Posts?
Images are very important for a blog post. Images embedded in a blog post should be tempting and relevant to the topic.
Blog posts without images will look so basic and readers also will feel it un-interesting to read your blog posts.
You can always create your own unique images if you know image editing. Else there are many sources to find relevant images, the major source being Google Images itself.
You can also use images from image-sharing websites or any image sharing sites like Flikr or Picasa, provided you give proper image credits!
Instagram photos can also be a great source for images to use in your blog posts. Instagram being the most popular image sharing platform, can surely help you find relevant images for your blog posts.
But as there is no Instagram Desktop App, you may face it difficult to find, download or link Instagram photos directly.
But even though there is no Instagram for Desktop, today we are here with an easy and efficient way to embed Instagram photos into your blog posts without any hassles.
This is possible solely because of the Embed Instagram Tool developed and released by Digital Inspiration.
Instagram Embed Tool is a great online tool by Digital Inspiration that allows users to embed Instagram photos or videos into their web pages or blog posts. Hence, I hope you will find this online tool helpful too!
How To Embed Instagram Photos Into Your Blog Posts?
If you're seeking for a method to easily add Instagram Photos to your blog posts, then below is how you can use the Embed Instagram Tool for the same purpose:
- First, go to the Instagram's website on your web browser, and log in with your credentials.
- Find the desired Instagram Photo, that you'll like to embed on your blog post.
- Now copy the URL of the images.
- Then on a new tab, navigate to the Embed Instagram Photos tool.
- Paste the URL of the Instagram Photo you chose into the box that appears.
- Then click on the “Generate Embed Code” button.
- After clicking the Generate Embed Code button, you'll see an HTML embed code of the Instagram Photo you chose.
- Please note that, when you generate the HTML embed code, the original image description, hashtags and username are also automatically embedded in the generated code. Hence these details will also appear when you paste the image onto your blog post.
- Whenever you need to paste the Instagram Photo into your blog post, simply shift to the HTML mode of your post editor and paste the code wherever you want it to be displayed.
And now you can successfully embed Instagram Photos into your blog post. It is recommended not to remove the hashtags, user description and username from the image in order to give respect to the copyright holder.
Instagram recently added video support to their application, and you can also embed Instagram videos the same way you embedded Instagram images. Make sure you copy the correct URL of the video.
Mac1 year ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tech1 year ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Entertainment5 months ago
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
Tech5 months ago
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
Facebook12 months ago
How to Block Game Requests on Facebook?
Linux11 months ago
How to Install Zorin Linux using Bootable Pendrive
Tech12 months ago
How to Turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10
Tips1 year ago
How to Change Language in Google Chrome?