Our electronics are an indispensable part of our lives; we use it for work, games, socialization and so much more. But whether we’re working or playing, if we’re on a PC we need to use a keyboard, and accompanied usually late night snacks and chilling drinks, giving us the energy and stoking the fire in our minds to come up with new ideas and thoughts.
To get rid of sticky keys, we’ll need to know how to clean laptop keyboard without breaking anything.
The downside is that the keyboard begins to gather dust and residue from your fingers; in fact, studies show that some keyboards contain more bacteria and filth than the average toilet seat, so its always advisable to clean them regularly.
The consequences of this are disastrous. Apart from the messy looking keyboard and keys, food poisoning is a real threat – the stomach bug Staphylococcus aureus is particularly common and causes diarrhea and nausea. And that’s just the start.
See Also: How to Type Faster?
How to Clean Laptop Keyboard From Inside
If you want to avoid this, you can start by inspecting your keyboard and you should find the grease stains and oil marks on the sides of the keys and in the grooves, so when you decide to clear the debris from it, here are our top tips on how to clean laptop keyboard:
- Dump What You Can – This is kind of basic; unplug your keyboard from the PC and flip it upside down and shake well.The dirt and loose particles should fall away. Buy a can of compressed air and use it to clean out the grooves as well if you can.
- Give It a Rub Down – Use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol and rub down the keyboard entirely, but make sure the alcohol isn’t too strong. If you are not sure about its strength, try rubbing in other areas and check for discoloration or damage. It’s a good idea to pay close attention to the enter key and space bar since they’re the most used of all the keys. You might need to use multiple swabs if you want to do a thorough job, but that depends on how much dirt is on your keyboard and how often you do this. Once you are done with this, use a dry cloth to finish off the job and remove water stains and give it a shine.
- Surgery May Be Needed – Sometimes, you might like to open up your keyboard to give it a good and thoroughly clean. Most keyboards allow you to remove the keys without much issue, but before you do make sure your model is one that enables you to do this. Just use a blunt tool to pry off the keys and then wash the keys individually using water and soap or alcohol. Keep the keys to dry on a clean towel once you are done.
- Deep Clean – If you’ve removed the keys, you should have better access to the insides of the keyboard. Cleaning this is obviously a more delicate endeavor; use a vacuum to suck out the dirt or dust it away with a super-soft bristled brush. Once you’ve done this, wipe it with an alcohol-moistened swab.
- Finish Off – Once you are done with the cleaning, snap each key back into place; they should pop back into place with a little pressure.
So, that’s our guide on how to clean keyboard.
But let’s say you are too lazy to do this; all you have to do is keep it from getting dirty in the first place. Here are some tips on how to do that.
See Also: How to Clean Laptop Screen
Try getting a keyboard dust-guard. It should be able to keep 90% of the grime from ever getting to your keyboard. This is the most often used method in places where hygiene is paramount like hospitals and restaurants. They’re also much easier to clean and maintain, which makes the keyboard cleaning process rarer and easier.
The second way is to get a waterproof keyboard that you can simply machine wash or thoroughly scrub till there’s no grime left on it.
Other than that, you could just not eat or drink anything when you are working on your laptop or desktop – that would go a long way in impeding grime build-up.
Keep washing your hands. Wash your hands before and after you use the keyboard, and you should begin to notice a visible drop in its grime levels.
Another way to clean your keyboard if the keys can’t be removed is to use adhesive tape – not one that sticks too hard, though. Just slide a short strip of it between the keys and watch what gets attached when you pull it out.
For the keys themselves, all you have to do is lightly dust them with a soft bristled brush and glide over them with the tape. This isn’t the most effective method to be sure, but it is one of the easiest.
Some Final Tips:
Clean your laptop regularly – this includes the screen, mouse, and other attachments. Not only will this give your laptop much more aesthetic appeal, but will also improve your usage experience. After all, it’s much better-using something that looks new and shiny than to use one that’s dusty and grimy. Using a clean laptop goes a long way in maintaining your personal hygiene as well.
In Case of Spills – In the case that you spill something onto your keyboard, unplug it immediately or turn off the power to the laptop. Tilt the laptop upside-down and let it drip for a while.
You can use a hair dryer to fasten the cleaning process, but whatever you do it’s a good idea to let the keyboard dry upside down for at least full 12 hours before you plug it in again to find out if it’s working.
We hope this guide helped you – it was fun writing, and I got to redo my laptop in the process as well, so cheers to all those who like to keep a clean workspace and love their keyboards. Happy typing!
How to Download Videos from Facebook
While browsing through your Facebook timeline, you will come across several videos. It’s not possible to watch all videos in one go. Sometimes, you may wish to save it on your computer to watch it later, or you may love a certain video, may want to re-watch it over, or want to save it in your phone to view it again.
And that’s the time when you wish to learn the strategies to – How to download videos from Facebook. You may wish to watch them or to re-upload in Facebook. No matter, what your reason is, downloading Facebook videos isn’t hard. If you follow these methods. Also take a closer look at downloading Instagram Videos.
#1 How to Download Videos from Facebook
Step 1: Whenever you decide to download facebook video(s), first and foremost you need to determine the actual hosting source of the concerned video that you are willing to download. For, e.g. Youtube; since all the videos that appear on Facebook aren’t always hosted and stored on it; rather they can be owned by other such hubs too.4
Step 2: Once you have determined, the host of the concerned video, it gets easier to download videos from Facebook. As mentioned above, some videos are directly uploaded in Facebook, while the rest are from other sites like YouTube. The host of that video(s) affects the type of strategy that needs to imply to download videos from facebook.
Step 3: It’s time to right click on the video, which lets you see this option called “Copy link address’’ amid the various other options that are in no way related to how to download a video from Facebook.
There is one more method to obtain the link to the video, by loading the video, and then you can select the URL or address of it from the browser, you will find this address on top in the address bar.
Step 4: After obtaining your desired link for the concerned video, next its time to find the Facebook video downloading sites. There are a lot of options to choose from, while some sites may be trusted the others may not be.
For Example www.fbdown.net, www.savefrom.net
Step 5: Almost all these sites have a similar format, with ads beside the text field (where the user is supposed to enter the address of the video). It’s wise to run Ad blocker while using these sites because these ads come with a fake “download’’ button, which takes you to another site and hinders the process to learn how to download video from Facebook.
So in order to be safe, run the Adblocker. If you don’t have Adblocker, then click on ‘’download’’ button which is right next to the text field (most probably), where you enter the URL. The remaining buttons might be fake.
Step 6: Paste the URL (that you had copied above) in the text field, and click on “download” button right next to the text field where you have entered the concerned URL.
Step 7: Now, the video gets downloaded, depending on the quality of the video, it might take longer or shorter time to download. You may be asked, where you wish to save your video to your desktop. Select the location, and then right-click and select the “save link as” option from the menu. You can also name the video.
Note: Videos generally gets saved in .mp4 format. Also s few other sites like savefrom.net, let you select the desired video format before beginning the download.
Step 8: Now, in order to view this video, you will need a video playing software on your PC.There are several software that lets you watch videos in high quality.
For example www.kmplayer.com . Most of these sites are free, if you are a windows user, you will get Windows Media player as default.
Step 9: You can also view videos directly on your desktop without any video playing software. All you need is a browser that supports lets you play your media files.
For example Torch browser lets you play your videos. Just open the browser, drag your file and drop in the browser, and you can enjoy watching your videos.
So, this was one of the most common methods to learn how to download video from Facebook, let’s head towards the another method.
#2 How to Download Videos from Facebook – Private Videos
Step 1: First of all open your Chrome browser, and then go to Facebook. Click on the video that you wish to download.
Step 2: After opening the video, click on the menu option in chrome, you will find it in the top-right corner of the browser. Once you have found it, click on it to open. You will be able to see a bunch of options.
Find “developers tools” option or press Ctrl + Shift +I and after that more options are visible to you, go to, “more tools”. Once you open your “developer tools” go to the “Network” tab.
Step 3: By opening “network” a code will appear on the screen. You will find your video, which will be in the .mp4 format.
Note: This will only work, when you play the full video first, and in the “type” column, you will find the .mp4 option. If you don’t see this option, refresh first and play the video again. Repeat steps if necessary.
Step 4: Right-click on “name” column, select “open link in new tab.”
Step 5: Once the video has successfully opened, right-click and click on “save video as” option, to download.
#3 How to download Facebook video – Youtube Hosted
Step 1: Find the video, and open it. From the browser, in the address bar, you can see its URL. Copy it, using Ctrl+c (hotkeys combination) or using your mouse.
Step 2: Go to YouTube video downloading sites like “keep vid” and paste the URL, run Java applet to convert the file. You may be asked to pick the resolution and type in which you wish to download. Select your choice’s option, and click on “download.”
Now, after learning all the possible techniques to download video(s) from Facebook, it’s time to apply those techniques and download your favorite videos and sit back, relax and enjoy !! :). Wanted to download free music on iPhone? Here is how to download free music on the iPhone.
Bored of using the same emojis every day? Learn how to get new ones.
How to Take Screenshot On PC
Taking screenshots is one of the most popular activities that people do these days, be it for fun or some other useful purpose. A screenshot technically is a mere image that captures your whole screen. Moreover, it serves a variety of purposes.
With this facility, you can save the images that aren’t available for download and much more. Hence, each and every one of us should know how to take a screenshot on PC. If you are using Windows 10, here is how to take a screenshot on Windows 10.
#1 How to Take Screenshot on PC
1. Locate the print screen button on your keyboard and click on it. This button may be labeled as “PrtScn“, “Print Scrn” or “Print Scr” on your desktop keyboards whereas on your laptop keyboards it will be labeled as “Fn” or “Function“.
To capture a screenshot on PC or Laptop, all you need to Press and hold the Windows Key and then press PrtScn Key.
2. Once the screenshot has been taken, go to any of the editors and paste it. It is mostly pasted in “Paint”. To paste, simply right click on the work area and in the menu that appears, select “Paste”; or just use a hotkey combination of Ctrl + V. This will help you to save it as an image file (bitmap) which can be easily transferred. You can save the file very quickly in any format you prefer, among the various other available options.
3. If you don’t want to go to some other program to save the screenshot, in Windows 8 you can just click the Windows Key + Prt Sc. The screenshot will be directly saved in a PNG format in the “screenshots” named folder.
So this was all about how do you take a screenshot on PC using the simple keyboard shortcuts. If you wanted to take screenshot of a webpage on Google Chrome, you don’t need any kind of app for it. Here is how to take a screenshot on Google Chrome.
#2 How to take a Screenshot on PC
Here we will teach you how do you screen shot on a PC, of a single window:
1. To take a screenshot of just one window of your screen, make sure that the window is opened along with other active windows if any.
2. Hold down the Alt button and press the Prt Sc button on the keyboard. Again there won’t be any notification informing that a screenshot has been taken.
3. You can save this screenshot by following the same steps mentioned in the above method like saving through programs like paint or by the Windows Key + Prt Sc method.
#3 How to Screenshot On a Computer
Here, you will learn how to screenshot on PC using the Windows snippet tool:
1. You can take a screenshot by using the “snippet tool” which is freely available to use in all versions of Windows Vista, 7 and 8. It isn’t available in the Starter and Basic editions and Windows XP.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7, you can find the snipping tool in the Start menu – click on all programs, click on accessories after that and you can see the snipping tool option.
For Windows 8 just search the “snipping tool” in the start screen, and you can select the tool from the search result(s) that appear.
2. The next step is to select the shape of the snip as per your requirements by clicking on the “arrow button” that is placed next to the “new button”.
There are 4 options. In “Free-form Snip” you can snip any area, in any shape you want just by drawing a shape with your mouse. You can select “Rectangular Snip” if you want to select a rectangular area. If there is a particular window that you want to be snipped, then select the “Window Snip” option.
By selecting “Full-screen Snip,” you can get a snip of the entire screen with all the windows except the Snipping Tool window.
3. There is a red border on all your snips that is set by default. Just click on the “options button” and in that menu, there’s an option to change the color. You can disable this border altogether by un-checking the box next to the text “Show selection ink after snips are captured”.
4. Start a new snip by clicking on “New button”. This will lead to the fading of the screen after which you can select the area you want to snip, window or the entire screen at your convenience.
5. The snip you create will open in a new window through which you can make notes, draw on it using the “pen tool” and also draw attention to it through tools like “highlight tool”. You can even erase the annotations by using the “erase tool”.
6. Now just save the snip by clicking on the floppy disk icon that will open up a “save” dialog box. Or use a hotkey combination of Ctrl + S.
#4 How to Do a Screenshot On a PC
1. Just download and install “PicPick” app from the PicPick homepage.
2. Open the app by clicking on the start menu, navigating and selecting the PicPick app and for Windows 8 click on the start key that leads to the start screen. In the bottom left there is a down arrow, click on it and press Ctrl+Tab or access Apps View by swiping downwards from the middle of the display. Select PicPick.
3. There are 4 options to select just like in the Snippet tool in the “Screen Capture” section. Along with the free-form, rectangular, window, and full screenshots options there are also options to fix-region and scroll windows.
4. Select the area properly using the mouse exactly like that in the snippet tool.
5. You can make various edits like cropping the image, etc. and save it by clicking on the “file” option in the top left corner. You can click on the “Save as” option and save the screenshot wherever you want as well as in any format. You can otherwise directly share the screenshot by clicking on the cloud icon.
If you took screenshot to post it somewhere or if you wanted to add any text, graphic or anything on the screenshot, you can do it on Photoshop. Here is how to Photoshop a Picture.
There had been a lot of hustle about – how do I take a screenshot on my PC. Although this trick is very simple and can be executed in no time, many people still do not know how to take a screenshot on PC.
How to Connect Two Laptops Wirelessly?
Data transferring has always been an essential part of the modern age. However, when it comes to connecting two laptops to share data between them is very confusing. In this individual guide, you will discover the whole how to connect two laptops wirelessly thing. It is not as easy as connecting two Android phones wirelessly for sure.
You might be able to connect two laptops directly via wifi direct if they are from same vendors and supports WiFi Direct. For that you might need to read the documentation comes with your laptop.
Don’t not get confused if we say this is a how to connect two laptops using a wireless LAN guide. Wireless LAN or Wireless Local area network is a type of connection without any cables. So Yes, It is actual a How to Connect Two Laptops Via Wi-Fi guide. Note, that we demonstrated all the steps according to as on Windows 10 or Windows 8.
The instruction used in this guide may vary somewhat or significantly with the different operating systems. Such as Creating Homegroup steps are different on Win 10 and Win 7.
Basically, you may either want to share internet connection to another laptop or setup Homegroup so your can transfer files between two laptops via wifi. In this guide, we tried to cover both and discussed the easiest workaround to getting things done.
To make this tutorial more recent and up to date, we are considering creating an Ad-hoc connection on a Windows 10 laptop. An Ad-hoc connection is similar to creating a hotspot on an android device.
Creating an Ad-hoc on windows 7 and vista is easier, but in Windows 10, it is a bit tricky. We are going to cover the new setup method for Windows 8 and 10 here, and it is only work of several commands and a few mouse clicks. If you wanted to set a quick wifi connection, this could save your day in case.
How to connect two laptops wirelessly
Let’s jump strength and see how it can be done.
Step 1: You need to open Command Prompt as admin by pressing Win+X key to getting started. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start icon and then chose the Command Prompt(Admin).
Step 2: Copy the following command and hit enter, you can also type the command in the command prompt, but I guess copy-paste it for ease.
You may want to name your Ad-hoc connection as of your choice. Replace “ad-hoc name” with your desired name, and change the “password” word to something of your choice.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=adhocname key=password
Step 3: Now copy and paste this command and hit enter. That is all your ad-hoc connection should be created.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
So for reference: use this whenever you may like to stop this connection.
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
In the image (2): If you are getting that, just turn on WiFi on your host laptop. (open the image in new Tab to view in full resolution.)
Step 4: open Control Panel and find “View network connections”, or just search it by pressing Windows button and then typing its name. (You can also click on the Cortona icon in taskbar and search it.)
Now please note, the below section is for sharing your host laptop’s internet to another laptop. (skip in case you just want to setup a homegroup.)
Right, click on your Connection (Like if your host Pc is connected to Ethernet Connection click and select its Properties and click on Sharing Tab, on there enable the “Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection” option and set the newly created Wifi-connected in the drop-down list.
Now when you turn on the WiFi on the other Laptop, your Host’s SSID will be shown, click on that and enter the password (same password you set earlier) it should be connected in a few seconds. Do you think that was difficult? No-nada.
PS – Sometimes even if you followed the steps correctly, your laptop might not be able to turn on the Ad-hoc network. I was personally having that problem when I was having Windows 8 installed on the same laptop; later I upgraded to Windows 10, and it worked flawlessly. It does not mean I am forcing you to upgrade your windows. Just in case ad-hoc is not enabled successfully, Restart your Laptop and try the Steps again.
Now comes the second part how to connect Two laptops through Wifi. We are going to enable HOMEGROUP Setting on the Host laptop, follow these steps to enable or create Homegroup on your host laptop.
Setting Up Homegroups.
Similar to Windows 7 and Vista, Windows 10 also has the option to create Homegroup and share data between connected laptops. Keep in mind setting homegroup is the important task, So you need to follow this how to connect two laptops wirelessly guide very carefully.
Open the Homegroup settings. You can search it by pressing the Windows button in the taskbar. A Homegroup setting page will be prompted. On the host laptop clicks on the “Create A Homegroup” button.
In next window, you can set each type of data to be shared with another laptop which will join your Homegroup later. Choose the from the options, like what you want to share.
After selection items permission level, click the ‘Next’ and a password will be generated, make sure you note this password as it will be used for others to join your homegroup.
Once you saved the password, (which you may change anytime by going homegroup setting.) click on the ‘FINISH’ button as the final step to create Homegroup.
You can also want to check ‘Advanced Sharing Settings’ to take care of a few things. Such as turning on your homegroups discovery will let other laptops to search and join your host laptop’s homegroup.
Open MY PC (host laptop) and in the Left sidebar check for Homegroup Tab, click on it and you’ll see a name of your newly created homegroup. If do you see a name its mean your Homegroup is successfully created. (out of the box, don’t mind the Hollywood serials.)
By clicking on that, your shared folder will appear, you can copy any files from your PC to these folders. It is because you just can’t directly share your entire Local disks with another laptop which joined your homegroup.
Now open your other (or friends) laptop and turn on the WIFI to discover the homegroup of host laptop. You’ll see the SSID of Ad-hoc connection which you created earlier on host laptop. Click on it and when prompted enter the password to connect to it. (Note, the Ad-Hoc password is different from Homegroup’s password.)
It will start looking for other Homegroups in the range and will connect to it. On a successful connect you will see the clients under the Homegroup windows.
[Addictional method] Update: You can also use ShareIt software to transfer files between laptops. Install and run the program on both laptops. You need to create a hotspot on laptop A using the software. on laptop B click on ‘Connect to PC’ and when you’ll see the laptop A’s name, tap on it and join it by entering the password (which will be created auto by the software).
To know the password click on the ‘eye’ icon which is located under the hotspot name.If you are getting a error while creating hotspot, make sure you turn on your laptops’ wifi.
Once the connection is established, you can choose any file to send it to other laptop A. same applies to transfer files from laptop B → A. This is the screenshot when I transferred some files between laptops.
That is it; now you can go ahead and have other laptops to your network. If you have any doubt on how to connect two laptops wirelessly the comment section is one-or-two scroll away. However, if you have any problem connecting two laptops through wifi just to share data- You may want to stop and find your USB Drive.
How to Defrag Windows 10?
Microsoft Windows equips the users with the feature by which one can easily defrag hard drive on a Windows 10 system. So, if you want to know how to defrag Windows 10, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we will not only equip you with how to defrag but also some actionable measures by which you can boost your system speed. So, why to wait for even a second, let’s get started with the process of defragging right away.
How to defrag windows 10?
You must have come across the word “defragment” at least once. If you have ever thought about what it is and how to do that, then this article will answer all of your questions. All that you need to do is to follow along as you go through this article.
The very first question which arises is that what does defragging do or what is defragging?
With the passage of time, the files on your drives get fragmented which results in slowing down the system.
And what’s more annoying than a slow thing in this world, full of rush and speed? It happens because the system has the check for the file chunks in various places.
You might have experienced that while you search for a file on your system, it takes too much time to display the results. If you are experiencing it now, then it’s the time when you need to defrag your drives.
Although Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 have scheduling options, they are consistent as such. So, you might need to do that manually. Well, for that, we will show you how you can defrag your drives in Windows 1o.
So, let’s get started:
Step #1: At this very beginning of this very first step of this process, you are required to get into the disk optimization tool. This is exactly where you will have the privilege to defrag your hard disk.
So, in order to do that, you need to go to the bottom left corner of the Window, exactly where the start screen is. Now, you need to type “optimize” or “defrag.” You will see one of the results as a desktop application which is named “Defragment and Optimize Drives.”
Just click on that, and you will land on the “Optimize Drives” window. This is good enough for the first step, and you can now proceed with the next steps.
Step #2: Now, once you are at the “Optimize Drives” window, you now require selecting the specific drive which you want to defrag. After that, all that you need to do is to locate the “Analyze” button. Once you have found that, then you need to click on it. This will command the system to analyze your disk.
During the process, you need to keep an eye over the fragment percentage. There is no such rule of how much the percentage should be, but you might want to keep it under 5%.
So, once you have decided on the fragment percentage, then you need to click on the optimize button to start defragmenting.
Once the process is done then, the drives will show 0% fragmented. This means that the specific drive is now fragmented.
You can repeat the procedure with other drives, and this will save some space.
Other than these there are some third party applications that allow you to defragment your drives. You can also give a try to that software as well.
[Additional Information]: How to speed up your system?
Since you have landed on this piece of content which helps you defrag your drives. If you are not taking measures for cleaning and defragging your disk then it is a bell of danger for you as your system might get slowed down.
So, you might be interested in knowing the various ways by which you can speed up your system. If yes, then the following section will be helpful for you. These are some of the basic tips which can boost your system speed to a considerable extent.
So, let’s get started:
1) Get rid of unnecessary applications.
Unnecessary applications not only take up space but also utilize the system resources. So, if you want to boost your system speed then getting rid of applications that you don’t use that frequently will help you a lot.
2) Cleaning temporary files on a regular basis.
As you use your system, the device accumulates temporary or junk data which utilizes the system space. So, try to get rid of those. In Windows, you can easily do so by typing “%temp%” in the start section.
This will lead you to a folder where all the temporary files are kept. Just delete them and this way, you can clean up the junk files from your system.
Also, you can make use of “cleanmgr” utility. For that, you need to type “cleanmgr” without quotes at the start section, and you will have the “cleanmgr.exe” as the results. Just click on that and from the subsequent window, select all those options like recycle bin, temporary files, and others.
In the end, you only require confirming the action by pressing OK.
3) Use Antivirus.
There might be times when you experience lag on your system. The chances are that your system is infected by viruses. So, you can make use of quality Antivirus applications to get rid of those. Norton, AVG, McFee are some Antivirus, to name a few.
4) Update Drivers.
To enjoy flawless and smooth service, consider updating your drivers and plugins on a regular basis.
So, this was all about How to Defrag Windows 10? We hope that this might have helped you in your quest for windows 10 defrag.
If you liked this article, then do let us know through the comments section. We would love to hear from you. Also, share this article amongst your peers.
Moreover, if you are acquainted with some other methods to defrag windows 10 then do let us know via any convenient means. Your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you for crossing by and giving it a read.
Stay tuned and keep visiting for more.
How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not?
Whenever you update your Windows, the Windows system never displays any successful activated notification or message. So, the confusion tends to creep in that How can I tell if Windows is activated successfully or not.
Activation lets you know that your Windows is genuine. Usually, when the Windows product key is pirated or is not genuine, the activation process will fail. Even if the Windows activation fails, you can still continue to operate the Windows unless you’re using Windows XP.
Generally, Windows are activated just once when you are first installing your operating system. It is really simple to check your Windows system activation status using different methods. Take a look at How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not:
Checking Via Command Prompt
Checking your activation status via command box is the easiest and fastest way. Take a look at the steps:
- Go to Start Menu. Type cmd and press Enter. Alternatively, you can also use the power user menu (Win + X).
- Type this command in the command box.
- Just wait for a minute. A dialog box pops up. It will depict the status of your windows activation.
- If the command prompt says “the machine is permanently activated”, that means it is activated successfully.
And you are done! With this simple method, just check if your Windows are activated permanently or on a temporary basis.
Checking Via System Window
The System tab is your main tab for PC info and general settings. Take a look at How to Learn If Your Copy of Windows is activated via the System Control Panel applet.
- Open start menu and search for “System” in the menu.
- The control panel will open up, automatically once you click on System.
- In the system window, scroll down to the Window Activation section.
- Under the Windows Activation section, you can see that whether your Windows is activated or not.
How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not Via My Computer
- Just right- click on the Computer icon and choose properties.
- Scroll down and there will be a section that says Windows activation.
- You can see here that whether your Windows is activated or not. It will even tell you the Product ID of your Windows.
How to Check Windows is Genuine
Take a look at the steps of How Can I Tell if My Computer is Running Genuine Windows:
- Click on Start, then type in “activate windows” in the search box.
- In case you get a message saying “Activation was successful,” it implies that your copy of Windows 7 is activated and genuine. You will also see the Microsoft Genuine software logo on the right- hand side.
A lot of validation tools are available online to help you observe and verify the activation of your Windows. Only customers with genuine Windows have access to all optional updates and downloads available from Microsoft.
In simple words, if your copy of Windows is not genuine, then you won’t be able to install many updates that are exclusively for customers with genuine Windows.
For example, when your PC downloads any updates, Windows checks to see if your product key or digital entitlement is valid. You will be able to download and only receive the latest updates from Microsoft if Windows on your PC is genuine. In case you are not able to do so, then your PC is running non-genuine Windows.
Take a look at the steps to validate online:
- To validate online use below link
- After going to link, download the validation tool (Genuinecheck.exe) that is available on the website.
- A validation code will be generated by the tool.
- In the validation link, copy and paste the validation code.
- As soon as you click Validate, the link will show whether your copy is genuine or not.
- If it will be genuine, you will be able to download updates from Microsoft easily.
Things to Remember
Note down a few things that will help you buy genuine Windows.
- Just remember the simple rule. Only one copy of Windows can be installed on one PC. This rule applies as per the License terms of Microsoft Software.
- It happens that after a repair you experience that validation fails because some repairs require reinstallation of Windows. After repair, just re-enter your original product key for proper Windows activation.
- Another reason can be Counterfeit software. Now counterfeit can be difficult to detect. You can always file an online report against anyone who sold you counterfeit software. With counterfeit version, all important functions will get blocked and you will not be able to receive any latest updates.
- Remember to always ask the seller to give you Windows disc and the Certificate of Authenticity.
Usually, checking the authenticity of Windows becomes a compulsion if you have downloaded a copy of the Windows from a torrent site or it was installed by a 3rd party. However, if your Windows system is running on trial activation key, the system will expire after the trial period.
See Also: How to Remove Password From Windows 8?
Usually, we tend to ignore this activation aspect until we face some serious issues or the work comes to halt. It is always recommended to check the status of your Windows, and if required upgrade it as soon as possible. Make sure the product key is actually valid and not counterfeit!
A product key is a 25-character code that is located depending upon how you got your copy of Windows. If you bought Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key will be on a label inside the box it came in or if you bought a new PC running Windows, the product key will be preinstalled on your PC.
However, try to buy Windows or a PC with Windows preinstalled directly from Microsoft or from a trustworthy dealer. Make sure to check the Certificate of Authenticity (COA), a proof of license label, and an edge-to-edge hologram, to ensure the genuineness of the Windows.
The above guide on How to Check if Windows is Activated or Not, provides you with several options. Follow them and check the genuineness of the Windows on your PC. To enjoy unlimited access without any complications, always buy or install genuine Windows and not the pirated version!
How to Add in Excel?
How to Double Space in Word?
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer?
How to Reset Macbook Air?
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Computers7 months ago
How to Reset Macbook Air?
Tech2 years ago
How to Tame a Horse in Minecraft?
iOS5 months ago
How to Stream Torrents on iPhone?
Mac2 years ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Tech1 month ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Tech6 days ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Tutorials2 years ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Mac2 years ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac