Storage is an illusion, if you've got a device that gives you 32GBs of storage, take my word for it that you'd not get 32GBs in usable storage anyway.
The point being the devices promote themselves as having those GBs of storage, but it's like promoting a 100 page book saying it's a 102 pages, including the covers. That's because the devices run on Operating systems and there are other system files which need space, and that space too is included in your total space.
So basically at the end of the day you end up googling answers to questions like How to fix the error: There is insufficient space on this device. Not just Android, iPhone users are also facing these issues. So, if you have an iPhone, here is how to get more storage on iPhone.
Now there's no way you can get to use the whole 32-64 of whatever GB of space your device claims to have, but there are solutions which will free up most of the space for you so that instead of loosing 10% of the space, you'd be compromising only around 5%.
But before I can answer your question on How to fix Android's ‘insufficient storage available' error message, let's start from the basics, why does this space-scarcity occur in the first place?
What Eats up Android Space?
1. Operating System:- This one is the prime space-eater. Well you can't exactly blame it because you need an operating system to run your device on. Also you need to understand that it's “unchangeable”. Meaning whatever space your OS is consuming, it can't be “cut” or deducted.
2. Apps Cache/Junk Files:- Whenever you run an app, be it Messenger or just your gallery, it saves certain preferences and data in your apps cache.
I'm sure you might have noticed that the pictures in your gallery load slower the first time, but if your open your gallery the second time, the picture previews come up exceptionally fast.
That happens because the gallery stored the data the first time and hence it didn't need to load it the second time. Now that data needs space to be stored right?
Although I think you've already figured out that the cache is actually beneficial for you and makes your cellphone experience much more “faster”.
3. Browser Cache: Browser cache is also just about the same thing as the app cache, just that it stores data about websites and your choices.
Meaning it speeds up your browsing experience if you visit a website regularly, it remembers if you like ads or not, and other personal details as such.
Again this is something that is actually “helpful” and not something that's totally harming you or your device.
4. Updates:- They can be whole system updates, or just third-party app updates. Most of the times a newer version is atleast some megabytes heavier in size than the last version.
Now take that and calculate it for all the apps you have on your device, even if just 50% of them auto-update, I would say you're looking at quite a bit of storage space.
Not to mention the “system updates”, which normally come in sizes over 200-300mbs. So bottomlime, updates need space too.
And these are just some of the most common “space consuming” elements your device has, there are other technicalities too but they're too complicated as far as boundaries of this article goes.
How to Fix Android's ‘Insufficient Storage Available' Error Message:-
So we're down to the part you've been waiting for. I'll walk you through clearing (or disabling) the elements which cause the error, so here goes your solution to How to fix Insufficient Space on Device.
Method #1:- Use a Cleaner:-
Now it totally depends on your android version and OS. I've got a LeEco 2 Max which has an in-built cleaner. In case you don't have one, you can just go to Playstore and download Turbo Cleaner (It's one of the many available free cleaners you can go with.)
In my case, I just fire up the cleaner and it shows me my junk data.
As you can see, I've over 1GB of junk files! That's a lot of junk, so all I've to do is, tap on the cleanup button at the bottom of the screen.
See? It's all gone.
Now in case you're using any other cleaner, the interface might be a bit different but it'll be more or less similar, you just have to tap once on the “clean” button and it'll do the job.
Method #2:- Manual Cleaning:-
In case you don't have any cleaners, you can also clean the junk files manually. (Not as efficiently and thoroughly as the cleaners maybe but you'll free up considerable space.)
Go to your settings, and then click on Apps.
And then slide left till you reach the “installed” apps screen.
Now just tap on the first app > click on Storage
And then tap on the “clear cache” button. (Remember that you can also “clear data”, but in some cases that would lead you to lose all the “progress”, so in short clearing “data” is fine with apps, but try not to tap that if you're cleaning a game or something that has your progress saved”.)
As you can see I don't have lot's of data as I just cleaned my system. Well that's about it, you'll have to manually tap on each app and repeat the process till all the apps have been cleaned.
(That's the reason I prefer the cleaner apps! Much faster.)
So yeah mission accomplished, this should also answer your questions like How to Fix “InSufficient Space On The Device” Download Error in case you had them. Also see, how to check data usage on iPhone.
So that was it folks, that's all I had on How to Fix Android's ‘Insufficient Storage Available' Error Message. I hope this solved your problems regarding android storage space? Along with storage data, internet data is also limited. If you want to reduce data usage on Smartphone, here are 5 ways to reduce data usage on Smartphone.
If it did, I'd appreciate your feedback in the comments section. If it didn't, you can also leave your questions, problems and doubts over there.
Also if you've got better and easier ways to accomplish this, you can use the comment box for that too.
Disclaimer:- I or Knowledgecage isn't in any way affiliated to TurboCleaner or any other app used in this tutorial, you're free to use any other app according to your own preference. They were used just for the sake of explaining the process and steps.
How to Record Screen on Android Devices
Recording Screen on Android has always been unconventional as there are not many apps and methods in the Play Store, which can Capture Android Screen Video.
So when I figured it out, so I thought I would write about some methods that I know of recording your Android's display. But why do you need to record screen on Android? Well, let’s have a look.
Why Record Screen:
- You want to review app and upload it on some video channel like Youtube.
- You want to record tool gaming skills on your phone
- Share some files and tricks to get things done.
- Maybe to show to root an Android Device, by recording its screen
Methods to Record Screen on Android:
As you might there is not just one method to record the screen on your Android, the fact is, which the best available method is for you.
To see these few methods by which you could record the screen quite easily and read How to Take a Screen Video using them.
ScreenCast Android app: Best app to Record Screen:
If you choose t go by the apps, this Screencast Video Recorder app for you. This app is the best option you could go by, for recording the Android screen.
As the options and ease of use this app provides is quite good, and also the app is easily accessible. This Android Screen recorder app costs around $4, but the features it offers are worth the price total.
But there are also some disadvantages to this app. This app would only work if you root your Phone, and also due to several reasons this app doesn't work on Galaxy Nexus, Tegra 2 or Tegra 3. Also, this app is available on
Download Screencast: App to Record Screen on Android
Record Screen on Android Phone through an External Camera:
If the above method doesn't suit you, you could get you to work done by this was. You could record the screen of your Android by using a Digital Camera. It is a common option, by which most of the Phone reviews are based on.
Also, you could connect it through an HDMI screen and then do the Android Screen capture recording using it, but it is way too hectic, and also is a bit expensive as you will need to buy some hardware stuff.
Apart from these two conventional methods, one could use an emulator to record the Screen. Emulators are platforms that enable you to run platforms like iOS and Android right on your desktop screen.
And then by using a Screen Recording Software for PC, you could record it and indirectly record the Android Screen. Also, there is another way which I figured out in this video tutorial I watched on YouTube, have a look at it also.
These were some of the ways I think are effective in recording the Android Screen. Also, more method and suggestions are welcomed in the Comment section below.
How to Get iOS 7 like Control Center on Your Android Device
I have always been a big big fan of each and every feature of iOS and with the launch of iOS 7, iPhone users have a got a whole new refreshed User Interface.
Control Center was one of the most anticipates features of iOS 7 as it lets you pull all the controls and toggles from the bottom of the screen.
But all the people with an Android might also want such a feature included in their smartphone if you are one of them don't worry you are at the right place.
In this post, I will be giving you a complete step by step tutorial on How to get iOS 7 like Control Center on Your Android Device.
YOU DON'T REQUIRE ANY ROOT since Android is an open source Linux based operating system, you do not need to root your device for such changes, thanks to the open source nature of the os.
All you may need to do is download and install an app and you will be all good to go.
As Control Center is such a useful feature, Android developers also took it as a challenge to develop a control centre as good as iOS and they also have succeeded in making one.
Follow these steps:-
1. Firstly you need to download the .apk file for the app, the app is not available on the app store, so I have given a download link below for the .apk file.
Download Control Center from HERE
2. Once you have downloaded the .apk file, go ahead and install it on your Android manually.
3. Once you have installed the app, go to the settings panel of the app and select the toggles that you want to display in your control panel.
4. Save the settings and now you are all done with your control panel. Just pull it up from the bottom of the screen and enjoy.
The app won't cause any kind of damage to your phone, I have personally tested the app first, it runs smoothly and comes in really handy as it gives you the quick access to all the toggles that include- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, brightness battery etc.
The app comes in with thousands of customization, you can even set up the amount of translucency that you want in your control centre. You can change the format, font, colour and the shapes of the toggles.
Enjoy control centre on your Android now! hope you liked it.
Keep Stalking for more updates!
How to Get Blackberry Messenger for Android
Blackberry is one of the most advanced phone provider company in the world and it's the first choice of all professionals.
Finally, they have decided to launch the Blackberry Messenger for Android and iPhone users. This great initiative will help millions of people to connect with each other and have better communication on the phone.
Many people are waiting for this update very eagerly and very excited to have this app on their android as well as the iPhone.
What are the features in Blackberry Messenger for Android?
- Share photos, videos, voice notes and files up to 6 MB.
- Communicate in real time.
- Scan barcodes, swap PINs or use BlackBerry® Tag1 to add BBM friends.
- Choose your picture or an animated avatar, add a personal message and customize chat bubble colours to make your BBM your own.
- BBC voice feature.
- Apps like Facebook®, Twitter®, BlackBerry® Travel™ app and BlackBerry® World®
So you are going to get many things equipped in a single messenger.
Click here to Get Blackberry messenger for android
Why a company like a blackberry decided to launch this app?
You might have seen that the number of Android users are increasing at a very rapid rate and almost every company is launching Android-powered phones now.
They have made it very easy to reach in the hand of common people so that everyone can afford this most advanced OS on the earth.
On the other hand number of iPhone users are also increasing at very good (a little less speed than Android) and with the recent launch of iOS 7, it has become even more popular.
So the idea was to connect people all across the world even if they are non-blackberry users.
You can easily connect with your friends and family with your unique BB Pin.
Soon this app will b available for all world and we all will be able to enjoy on our android as well as iPhones.
In my personal opinion, Blackberry Messenger for Android is going to become the next must-have application for Android.
How To Remove Picasa Album From Android?
The biggest advantage of using an Android device is that it is a subsidiary of Google. And if you're an Android user, then you're technically always synced with Google.
Your Google Account is always synced with your Android Smartphone. There are a lot of benefits of syncing your Google Account with your Android device. Like:
- You can wirelessly download and install apps on your Android device from your PC. Once you visit the Google Play Store via your PC and choose to install any application, it automatically downloads and installs the app to your selected Android device, provided you use the same Google Account and that your device is connected to the internet.
- You always receive new notifications, email, etc. straight into your Android device. You can receive notifications regarding your Gmail, YouTube, Google+ accounts and even respond to them directly from your device. Also, images uploaded to your Google account is automatically synced with your Android device and vice-versa.
- Another major advantage of syncing your Android device with your Google account is that you always get updated notifications. For example, if you get a notification from your Google account on both your Android device and PC, and if you respond to that notification from your PC, that notification will be automatically removed from your device. Hence, providing you only with updated notifications, always!
Why You Should Remove Picasa Album From Your Android Device?
Now here comes the major disadvantage. Most of the android devices today come with limited internal storage, and you're always trapped with your available internal storage as in most of the devices out there, you can't transfer the installed apps to your external storage.
So once you fill up your internal storage, you will start searching for ways to remove unwanted apps and empty storage space. One major way to empty internal storage is to remove Picasa album from android.
Even if you didn't download or install the Picasa for Android app, your Picasa web album is always automatically synced with your device and all new photo you upload to your Picasa Web Album can be accessed from your Android device too.
You can't delete the Picasa album from your gallery, and the only way to Remove Picasa album from your Android device is by disabling auto-sync of Picasa Web Album with your device.
And today, we will be showing you how to delete Picasa Album from your Android device.
How To Remove Picasa Album From Android?
Below is the procedure to Remove Picasa album from Android:
- First, navigate to Settings in your device.
- Then scroll down and find the Accounts menu.
- Click on Accounts, then click on the Google tab.
- Now click on the email address that is synced with your device.
- After clicking your synced email address, you will be displayed with a list of Google media's that has been synced with your device.
- Disable syncing with Picasa Web Album.
After doing so, if you again go to your Gallery, you can still see the Picasa Album. To completely remove the album from your device you need to clear your Gallery's cache, and here's how:
- Navigate again to Settings.
- From Settings, go to the Applications Manager of your device.
- Under Applications Manager you will see 3 tabs, namely “Downloaded, Running and All“.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- Now scroll down until you see Gallery, and then click on the Gallery option.
- From the box that appears, click on Clear Cache. And now the cache of your gallery will be cleared.
Don't worry, you'll not lose any of your existing albums except that you Can't view Picasa Web Albums anymore. After clearing the cache, the Picasa Album will be removed from your device.
How To Setup Google Chromecast On Your Television?
The “Breakfast With Sundar Pichai” Google event that happened a few days back, gave us some great new releases.
Namely the new Nexus 7 Android tablet, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and the Google Chromecast. We were already expecting the release of the next generation Nexus 7 and the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean announcement.
However, the announcement of the Google Chrome cast dongle was by surprise.
And indeed, it received a great amount of positive response from people around the globe. And within just a few hours of the announcement, many online stores went out of stock for supplying the Google Chromecast Dongle.
And this itself shows, how positively the new dongle was welcomed by users.
The Google Chromecast Dongle is a simple USB Device, that can turn any TV into a Smart TV [if it has a HDMI/USB port]. By using the Google Chromecast Dongle, you can play and stream any video from your YouTube or Netflix account directly to your Television, without having any cables or any other devices hanging around, just using the Google Chromecast Dongle.
If you've recently purchased the Google Chromecast Dongle and if you are in need of some online tutorial on how to start using this Google Chromecast Dongle, then here we are to help you out.
Today, we're here with a detailed tutorial on how to install and start using this Google Chromecast.
How Does The Google Chromecast Function?
Before we go through the setup process of the Google Chromecast, we should know that how does this dongle function.
Well, the Google Chromecast dongle is WIFI enabled. Hence during the setup process, you'll need to connect it to your WIFI network, to enjoy its functionality.
After you connect your Google Chromecast using your WIFI network, anyone who uses the same WIFI connection can stream their content directly through your Television.
So anyone using a Chromecast supported application can stream their content through your Television, provided that they're connected to the same WIFI network as your Chromecast dongle.
You can stream videos from YouTube, Netflix or even using the Chrome extension.
And using the chrome extension, you can even browse the web through your television and perform any apparent online task. As the API for the Google Chromecast is available for developers, you can see more and more applications with Google Chromecast support, in the near future.
What Do You Get With Your Google Chromecast Package?
Once you receive your Google Chromecast Package, below are the things that you can find inside your package box:
- The Chromecast HDMI Dongle.
- A USB Power adaptor.
- An external adapter plug.
As you might have noticed, you also receive an external USB power cable, other than your Google Chromecast Dongle. Its because the Chromecast dongle has an HDMI power port, and some televisions do not have an electric-powered HDMI port.
Which means, these HDMI ports won't be able to power the dongle. In such cases, you can use the external electric power adaptor that's included, to run the Google Chromecast dongle.
But, if you have an electric powered HDMI port on your television, you can plug in the dongle directly, without the need of an external power adaptor.
How To Setup Google Chromecast On Your Television?
Now let's move on to the setup process. Actually, setting up your Google Chromecast Dongle is a very easy task and can be performed under 5 minutes!
Yet if you're confused on how to set up Google Chromecast on your Television, then below is the detailed tutorial on how to set up Google Chromecast on your Television:
- First of all, connect the Google Chromecast Dongle to your Television. You can refer to the above section to know how to do so.
- Now, most probably your Television must have automatically detected the Google Chromecast. Else, change the HDMI input from your Television manually.
- And now, you need to follow through the on-screen instructions.
- During the setup process, first, you'll be asked to name your Chromecast dongle. This name must be chosen while streaming the content to your Television.
- And then, you'll be prompted to connect the Chromecast dongle to your home WIFI network. You'll need to connect your Smartphone or any other devices to the same WIFI network as your Chromecast dongle, in order to stream the content.
- And finally, complete up your setup process and you're good to go!
Again, the streaming speed will depend on your internet connection speed.
How to Use Google’s Messaging App, Spaces?
How to See Who Looks at Your Facebook Profile?
How To Download YouTube Videos More Faster Using IDM
How to Install GIMP for Mac
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
Mac1 year ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tech5 months ago
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
Entertainment5 months ago
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
Tech1 year ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Facebook12 months ago
How to Block Game Requests on Facebook?
Linux11 months ago
How to Install Zorin Linux using Bootable Pendrive
Tips1 year ago
How to Change Language in Google Chrome?
Tech1 year ago
100 Proxy Sites to Unblock Any Website Anywhere