You have recently lost your close to heart iOs devices or scared of losing it you are here reading this article which is really gonna help you in terms of finding, tracking, locking or even wiping if nothing else works (for the worst case if you don't wanna get your data to be used by others).
Note: Precaution is better than cure so if you have enabled the icloud find my iPhone service on your iPhone.If not then the only God can let you know where your iPhone is!
So basically the only requirement for this will be the Find my iPhone app or inbuilt feature set ON. This feature is preloaded in the iOS 5 but in the earlier this can be done with an existing app in the Apple market.
Prompt while installing iOS 5.
Also one can enable it from the iCloud settings.
Find lost iPhone/iOS device
From another iOS device or your computer, log into the Find My iPhone Site using your iTunes email and password. This handy iCloud site will work from any web browser – it doesn’t have to be an Apple device.
Click the Find My iPhone icon.
iCloud will launch with a location screen powered by Google Maps. If your device is connected to the internet you’ll see the location (within 200 feet) of where it is. Just read on to Find lost iPhone/iOS device.
If you click the blue information icon more options will appear.
The info screen is where you can send a message to your device, remotely lock it, or wipe it completely.
Because you can’t just call an iPad or iPod touch, playing a sound and sending it is useful.
Especially if you lost it somewhere in the house. It can also be used to send a message with contact info if someone finds it. The message will display across the front of the screen, just like an incoming SMS.
If you think your device is in the wrong hands, locking the device is important. It will immediately lock your screen using your existing passcode.
It lets you create a new password if you don’t have one set up already. One caveat is you can’t change the passcode. If a thief figures out your password there’s no way to stop them from just unlocking it.
As a last resort, you can wipe the device. Wiping your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ensures your private data is protected. If you want to control your teenager’s device usage, it’s an effective threat to make them come home on time or do their homework.
You can also get back all the data if you find your iPhone/iOS device after wiping it by simply installing iTunes or if u have ever made a backup to the iCloud you can directly get it from there also the paid apps will beset back l right and you will get a mail for this action.
Thanx for reading this was hot to Find lost iPhone/iOS device within a few seconds.
How To Clear Cookies From Your Browser
Cookies are small text files, sent from a website to your computer every time you visit a website. These cookies are stored on your computer in the form of a text file and contain the record of every activity you perform on the internet.
This record is basically maintained by the websites to track user preferences and activities. The record contains by the cookies include user preferences, pages visited, buttons clicked on, credentials of the users like login ID, passwords and so forth.
Most often, these cookies are not harmful. But, sometimes these cookies may become a threat to your security. At times, these cookies store sensitive information like login IDs and passwords, chances are hackers or other intruders can hack these sensitive data and harm us.
So, to prevent such misfortune, we should learn how to clear cookies.
We will learn to delete cookies in the most used browsers like IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Let's head towards the guide.
How To Clear Cookies:
So, having gained basic knowledge about what are cookies, and how can they compromise your security, it becomes essential to learn how to clear cookies for a site. Let's get started with this tutorial!
1. How To Remove Cookies In IE
To delete cookies in Internet Explorer,
- Click on tools on the top right corner of the page and select Internet Options. A new window will open up.
- In the General tab, click on Delete.
- As sooner you do that, Delete Browsing History window will be opened. Check the Cookies option and click on Delete. All the cookies will be deleted from your browser.
- If you want to block cookies, Goto to Internet Options and under Privacy tab, you can see a slider. Move the slider to the top to block the cookies permanently and click OK.
2. How To Delete Cookies In Google Chrome:
Deleting cookies in Google Chrome is very simple. Step by step procedure is written below.
- Click on the Chrome menu () on the top right corner of your chrome window and Go to Settings.
- A new window will pop up. There, you can see an option ‘Show advanced settings‘ on the bottom of the page, click on that.
- Under the privacy section, click on the Content settings. See the screenshot to get an idea of how the screen should look like.
- To manage Cookies, click on the All cookies and site data under the Cookies section. See the screenshot for better understanding.
- Even as you click on All cookies and site data, you'll be redirected to a new window. Here, you can delete all of your browser cookies or cookies of a specific page as per your need. Have a look on the below screenshot.
- To remove complete cookies, click on Remove all and to remove cookies of a particular website, hover your cursor over the website, whose cookies you wish to delete. Once you do that, an [X] sign(delete this item) will appear at the right-hand side of the name of the website. Click on that cross sign and you are done. See the above screenshot.
I think now you know how simple and easy is to delete cookies, isn't it? And if you want to disable cookies, it's simple either. Just select the Block sites from setting any data in step 4 and click on Done.
3. How To Delete Cookies In Firefox
To delete cookies in Firefox, you need to follow the following steps.
- click on the Firefox menu and select Options.
- In the Options window, go to Privacy. There, set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Here you can see another set of options. There, click on Show Cookies.
- In the cookies window, click on Remove All Cookies to delete all the cookies. And if you want to delete cookies of a particular page, select that page from the above list and hit Remove Cookies.
- And if you want to disable cookies forever, follow up to step 3. Set Never to Accept third-party cookies and click Ok.
4. How To Delete Cookies In Safari
After reading the above procedure, you must have understood that deleting cookies in almost all the browsers possess the same steps. You just have to find the privacy option and have to delete the cookies.
Anyways, here is the procedure to delete cookies in Safari.
- Click on Safari on the top right corner of the page.
- Then go to Preferences.
- Here you need to click on Privacy. Then go to Details.
- Now, if you want to remove all cookies, click on Remove All. All the cookies from your browser would be deleted.
- And if you want to delete cookies of a specific website, select that website from the list by clicking on it, and hit Remove button.
- Click Done to save all the settings and you are done.
What are cookies and how do I delete cookies is one of the most frequent questions asked by novice users on the internet when they want to figure out why their internet browser has become slow.
Deleting cookies is a part of secure browsing and we must have the basic knowledge to deal with them. But, remember as I said above most of the cookies are not harmful. Since you know how to clear cookies doesn't mean you always have to delete them!
If you have any query or doubt, let us know via comments and click on this link if you want to know how to delete the browser history in these featured browsers.
How to use BitLocker to Encrypt your Files
Locker means a safe place where you can put your personal or important things hiding from others. We all have some things which we don't want to share with others same as in the computer you have any important data that you want to hide from the outside world. For that, there are many software available over the web and as well as well-known by you so no need to describe it.
But if you want to lock your Hard Drive partitions without any software then? In that case, Microsoft has provided one wonderful tool known as “BitLocker” in Windows Vista, 7 and 8 for encrypting your entire Hard Drive partitions. Using BitLocker you can lock any volume on the computer even the one you boot from. But a question arises in your mind that How to use it, right? So, I will show you two different modes to use BitLocker on your computer. If you wanted to Defrag the Hard Drive, you should see that.
1. “How to use BitLocker on a normal/data volume”
2. “How to use BitLocker on Boot volume”
Let's see the first mode:
1. How to use BitLocker on a normal/data volume?
A simple way to enable BitLocker – right click on any volume and select “Turn BitLocker on” to start the locking process. After clicking a window will pop-up (as shown in the figure below) asking to enter a password to use with the drive – you will also ask to say a copy of the recovery key somewhere at safe place and then it will begin encrypting your drive.
By this method you can lock all the drives on your computer except “C:/ drive” or “Boot partition”.
Now, the second mode:
2. How to use BitLocker on Boot volume
Yes, it is true that you can encrypt the main operating system drive, but this has some special requirements since the drive has to be unlocked before boot. First of all this requires that Windows has a seperate boot partition that isn't encrypted; in case if you don't have then create a separate boot partition. The second requirement is that your system include a TPM (Trusted Platform Module).
If you try to encrypt your boot volume without satisfying the above to requirement then it will give an error as shown in the figure below.
So, in that case you will need to configure your system to use BitLocker with a TPM. Here is how you can do that.
- Press [win + r] and type “gpedit.msc” in it and press enter to launch the Local Group Policy Editor
- Now, browse to – “Computer Configuration > Administrator Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Frive Encryption > Operating System Drives
- In the right panel. double click the setting “Require additional authentication at startup” and select “Enabled”
- In that please check the below options that “Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM…” is checked.
- Then, Click Ok – you are done.
Now you will able to start the BitLocker process on your system drive, and will have the option to either enter a password on startup or insert a USB drive to boot.
If you have any problem regarding “BitLocker” then put your comments below so that I can surely help you to get rid out of your problem. Hope this guide helped you to understand how to use BitLocker.
PC taking more startup time? Change the Startup program to boost the startup process in windows 7.
How to Check for Plagiarism
This article discusses about how to check for plagiarism. We often tend to have a lot of references to the work we do and sometimes even tend to use exactly the same references for our work.
Just to state an example, if a student in a university is assigned a project or research to work on, more than half of them end up going to Google in search of information. The action of stealing someone else’s work and claiming your rights on the same is how plagiarism is typically defined.
See Also: How to Publish an ebook?
Sometimes, we refer to some content online and change a few things to do what we are doing, which again leads to plagiarism. But, there is always an opportunity to improvise on the same, while building new content and ideas around and come up with something novel.
Plagiarism does not happen just in context to content; it also happens with technology as the intellectual properties and ideas, which they are based on, are always available on the public platforms. What most of the technologists do is refer to the ideas online and try and come up with something new.
This somehow is indirectly infringing the existing idea, but what matters is if your new idea is more of a utility to your use, is it developed, designed and presented differently.
A lot of people want to learn – how to check for plagiarism so that there is no infringement of copyrights issue and the originality of their efforts and work is retained. We will now take you through the basics of how you can check for plagiarism.
See Also: How to Use Microsoft Paint in Windows?
We will also throw some light on a few tools available online to do the same. We find most of these tools online available for free, which helps us make you understand what the differences between the free tools and the paid ones are and if it does make sense for you to use either a free tool or a paid one.
How To Check For Plagiarism Using Popular Tools
#1. Dupli Checker
- You can check for plagiarism free with this tool.
- It is designed and developed to be simple, which makes it user-friendly.
- It comes with an option of copying and pasting the text. The user can even do a search using the URL to be checked or upload the file from the system.
- A registered account is allowed to do 50 checks per day.
- This is one of the most commonly and popularly used tools.
- An unregistered account is allowed to do only 1 check per day.
- There is no paid or premium version of this free plagiarism checker online tool.
- You can perform an entire website plagiarism scan using Copy Leaks.
- With a strong back end, this tool performs a check with about 60 trillion pages on the internet.
- It comes with inbuilt language packs and supports multiple languages.
- This tools also provides you with API with name Copy Leaks Service, which you could integrate with your system and automate it to do auto plagiarism search.
- You can only do a check for online content such as websites.
- It’s essential for a user to have an account to use this tool.
- The tool is currently free to use for anyone, but very soon Copy Leaks will have a paid model too.
- Comes with an offering of tools such as, plagiarism detection and writing suggestions.
- The development of this tool is done by a bunch of smart graduates.
- You can get Readability statistics using Paper Rater.
- It also provides you with title validation.
- This tool does not allow you to save the reports of the scans you do.
- The paid version of Paper Rater allows you to put up to 6000 words.
- The processing speed, when compared to the other tool, is much faster.
- It’s an ad-free service.
- It comes with a document uploading ability.
- It is charged at about 8 dollars a month on an annual payment.
- This tool is only available for Windows operating system and is a free tool currently.
- It supports close to 190 languages.
- It is easy to use and one of the preferred tools.
- The search for a website happens based on URL.
- You get reports only for the exact matches.
- It comes with a Synonymizer tool, which in the result replaces the matching words with their synonyms.
- A registered user also can only do 3 scans or checks per day.
- The paid version of the tool comes with Unlimited plagiarism checker with which you can also schedule tasks.
- The basic model is charged at $5 per month.
- This is a free online plagiarism checker.
- The tool is designed well and is quite suggestive.
- Mostly suitable to use for the people from the education industry to perform checks on student assignments.
- The tool comes with an option “Author”, which helps you check if others have copied your work.
- It is a web-based application and does not need any download or installation.
- Each phrase is separately checked, and you have to be adding extra efforts of hitting enter after every phrase.
- There is no paid version of the tool currently available.
- This tool works on the copy paste option and is very easy to use.
- It comes with an ability to scan up to 5000 words at a time.
- You can also use this tool to perform a search on the social media.
- There are very few free tools. The payment here is based on your requirement of an extra feature.
- Starts at a basic price of $4 and an extra payment based on what features you would want to go for
See Also: How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10?
In this article, we have discussed the pros and cons of a few popular online tools to do the Plagiarism test. Hope that helps you understand which tool is best for your needs. You can now go ahead and explore these tools to check for Plagiarism.
How to Protect Site from DDoS?
Right now, with the advancement in technology; the “bad guys” have more opportunities to “prove themselves.” Especially when it comes down to the cyberspace.
So well that's one of the reasons why I'm writing this piece today, where I'll be explaining to you how to protect site from DDoS attacks. Well of course before that, it's a good thing for us to take a sneak-peek into what DDOS exactly is, huh?
If you have a WordPress Website, make sure you have created WordPress backup because attackers can easily attack any website. You can easily Restore WordPress backup.
What is DDOS?
DDOS is just a kind of attack that has the capabilities to get your server down and hence, as a result, your site won't load, simple as that.
But if you want a better explanation, well then the full form of DDos is- Distributed Denial of Service attack, and it is an attack which consists of sending more request to your server than it can handle, which in turn causes the server to crash.
There are more than a single variation of DDoS attacks, although DDoS is often confused with Brute force attack, they both are entirely different.
A brute attack is only trying random set of passwords for admin access while a DDoS attack can bring a website down completely.
How to Stop a DDoS Attack?
I've covered anti-DDoS protection tactics right down here, so keep reading.
Well, Cloudflare is a great, easy to use, an online tool that would come to your rescue if a DDoS is being attempted over your site.
Note – When under attack, visit the following URL https://www.cloudflare.com/under-attact and it will help you fight the attack and bring your site down to normal.
How to Protect a Site from DDoS:-
Start with analyzing you Hosting server; you should choose a hosting based on reviews and functionalities, not by their price.
No doubt you are very familiar with many hosts which provide hosting for $2 per month, well sure it is not going to be blazing fast and cut the mustard.
Managed WordPress hosting is way better when it comes to secure hosting.
Well, a good place to start is by verifying the level of control you've got along with your servers.
Majority of them will offer:
- A managed WordPress hosting
- Daily or weekly backups
- Automated security update
- 1-click restore options
- automatic caching
- top tier security
No matter which host you decide to go with, you should check the following if they offer it.
- Run stable versions of server software and patch as necessary
- Have an option or auto Enable a server-level firewall
- Let you make a backup or restore site or database quickly
- Intrusion detection
Hosts which provide managed WordPress hosting (such as wp beginner or wp engine for example) uses caching.
A CDN passes the catching; that is a pretty good deal.
Setup WordPress Using W3 Total Cache with a CDN:=-
However, if you are running on a host which is not managed, you can implement a CDN network and a caching plugin (w3 total cache for such purpose).
CloudFlare is the most popular. The traffic has to pass through the CloudFlare servers, and the attacks will be absorbed by the Cloudflare’s extra layer. You can see this guide to add/remove Cloudfare on your Website.
When someone tries to access the website they might see this page. So make sure your traffic is from real people and not bots or some kind of traffic tool.
Managed hosts (such as WPEngine for example) use caching which is passed through a CDN, so if you do not aspire to use a managed WordPress host, then do consider implementing a CDN alongside a caching plugin such as W3 Total Cache
Both are easy to set up and from that point of the time, all your traffic will be passed through the CDN caches as well as passing through an SSL (secure socket layer/ TLS).
You can seek the information from maxcdn, in case you need help. They have a pretty good visual guide.
More precisely you'll learn the following, What is a CDN? How SSL Works.
If you have your website hosted on a shared server, it is easiest for the hosts, but it does not guaranty a most secure environment . In case, VPN and dedicated server tend to give more control.
Here are the ways to bulletproof your WordPress website. (most of the following are for advanced users (you should be familiar with admin tasks and coding).
So if you are shouting out ‘No I am not' then ask your Web developer to do it for you.
Opt for Automatic Updates:-
Make sure to get updates automatically in WordPress; you will get minor automatic updates. However, make sure to backup your website in case something goes wrong, and cause your site take out
Make sure to get updates automatically in WordPress; you will get minor automatic updates. However, make sure to backup your website in case something goes wrong, and cause your site take out.
Note: you need to add a line to your “wp-config.php” file to let major updates get installed automatically.
#Enable all core updates, including minor and major:
define ( ‘WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', true );
There are few plugins which allow you getting daily updates, make sure you get them if you're serious about your security.
Using .htaccess to Strengthen Your Security:-
You need a strong enough .htaccess file if you're going to get anywhere with all of your security measures. And well a good way to do that is:-
AuthName “Private access.”
require user mysecretuser
Next, time you when you log in, it will open a prompt display, and you'll be required to input your username and pass. Afterward, you need to log in the standard login screen of your WordPress website.
Obviously, use a different password for both. Or else what's the use, huh?
One more advice is to delete the username ‘admin' and make a new one with different that ‘admin' username. This changes your Wp login directory URL and gives you an edge.
WordPress Security Plugins:-
Yes, you can, of course, use WordPress Security Plugins. At the time when you do install the security Plugins check their update timing, they should frequently be updated. Check their reviews and users rating.
Cut down Plugins you are not using, often check to figure out unwanted Plugins and themes, they sometimes lead to over-cluttered memory usage anyway.
Use Plugins to Stop XML-RPC Abuse:-
Well, you don't need to get into technicalities. Because that would require me to go on talking about all the critical terms and methodologies of what XML-RPC abuse exactly is.
What you do need to concern yourselves with is, if you want a secure future from Distributed Denial of Service ( DDoS ) attacks, get the following plugin.
It stops the hackers from doing certain things to your website which you don't want to be done, simple as that.
What this exactly does is, stop your xmlrpc.php to be hit. (I hope that's enough “hacking” class for today, right?)
Ah, make sure you've got WordPress 3.8.1 or higher before installing that.
Securing your website should be your first step, always keep frequent backups of your website data. Avoid DDoS attacks by utilizing the given tips in this guide. If you are using WordPress themes, make sure you are not using nulled themes which may have infectious code that can leak all the credentials to attackers. Customizing WordPress themes are really easy and any skilled attacker can easily inject code in such themes.
Don’t use pirated plugin or themes. Using the combination of the following instructions will make your WordPress website safe so you now can sleep in peace without the need to stress on how to protect site from DDos attack right? Hope it helped.
Top 5 Free Firewall Tools
I hope you all know what Firewall is and why we need Firewall. In case if you don’t know then, “A Firewall is software or hardware that checks information coming from the Internet or a network, and then either blocks it or allows it to pass through to your computer, depending on your firewall settings.” If you are using internet than its recommended to turn on Firewall always because it protects our computer from virus, threats, and also from hackers or malicious software from gaining access through your computer.
In this article, I will give information about “Top 5 Free Firewall Tools” to secure your computer. Some Firewalls are application based whereas others are location based. Some are equipped with antivirus features while others are good at spyware protection. So, here based on the Firewalls features I will inform you about “Top 5 Free Firewall Tools”.
Top 5 Free Firewall Tools:
1. Geo Free Firewall Tool
Geo Firewall – a newly Firewall tool which follows a theory which states that large number of security threats come from the limited number of countries. Your job is to create and apply rules for specific locations which you want to block from being attack and it will protect your system even if you accidentally reach the locations that you have blocked. Geo Firewall is compatible with the security software, if you may have. It is compatible with all the major version of Windows like XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Server 2008.
ZoneAlarm – a Windows OS based Free Firewall, which protects and take responsibility of your PC that it is safe from outside attacks and intrusions. A main benefit of this Firewall Tool is that it makes the system invisible to Hackers & Spyware and doesn’t allow our personal information to get leaked. It comes with ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar which helps you in private and secure browsing.
3. Private Firewall Tool
Private Firewall – monitors all traffic to and from your PC and prevents trusted applications from being hacked. It includes great features like ability to identify characteristics of intrusion techniques and malware activity, showing training statistics of program when analysed and much more for advanced users. This feature do not possess by any other Firewall. The user interface looks difficult than other Firewalls, beginner must ignore it and switch to other Free Firewall Tools. But if you are aware about the basics of Windows and Firewall Software then you should definitely consider this.
4. AVS Free Firewall Tool
AVS Firewall – a different Firewall Toll from others Firewalls. Its features include security against the malware, protecting system registry and blocking online ads & spyware. It automatically identifies applications and programs try to connect to the net from your PC and alert you about them. You can also check size of the network traffic which is send and received by each application and provides Parental control.
5. Online Armour Free
Online Armour – a simple user interface tool for beginners. Simply, it protects from hackers, malicious programs and secures your personal identity. It also includes great features like execution, termination, tamper and worm protection which are most necessary for strong Firewall. It gives real-time protection all the time. In fact, Online Armour evaluates each program as it runs.
These are the “Top 5 Free Firewall Tools” with great characteristics to prevent your PC from malicious threats and attacks. Start using and be safe from the outside world.
How to apply at Technorati Media Ads
How to Sync PS3 Controller
How to Invert Colors On iPhone?
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Tech1 year ago
How to Make a Yahoo Account Without a Phone Number?
Tech1 year ago
How to Receive Money through PayPal?
Mac1 year ago
How to Install GIMP for Mac
Mac1 year ago
How to Use Apple Thunderbolt Display with PC?
Entertainment5 months ago
How to Watch Game of Thrones Online?
Tech5 months ago
How To Block Sites on Chrome?
Tutorials1 year ago
How To Enable/Disable Chrome Pop Up Blocker
Tech1 year ago
How to Turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10