Are you on Kik? Do you use it on a regular basis? And have you always had a good experience with it? Yes? Then what are you doing here!!
However, if your experience with Kik is not so good, then you have landed on the right page! This article has been written just to teach you how to permanently delete a Kik account.
Kik is a messaging application available for Windows, iPhone, Android operating systems free of cost. It’s an instant messaging app which allows users to share photos, videos, and all other media stuff instantly.
Kik has become immensely popular among the youth in recent times.
It has a simple registration process and easy to use interface that has made it immensely popular. The registration process doesn’t require any intricate steps, neither do you have to enter your personal details nor any method of confirmation.
But, just because it’s popular and easy to use, doesn’t mean we are forced to be a user of it. We can leave it anytime we want, just by deleting it. Below, I will let you know how to delete your Kik account.
How To Delete Kik Account
Kik is a messaging app which has around 800+ million users connected to it, due to its easy navigation structure.
But, all of the users of Kik are not so pleased with its services and have been complaining that it takes allot space on their phones, and even though, you have not added any contact’s on Kik, you still get anonymous messages over it.
So, if you are also facing such issues with Kik and want to delete the account, then this guide probably can help you. However, deleting the account, permanently on Kik is not possible but you can deactivate it as we do it on Facebook.
Deactivating account almost works similar to deleting, since your username will be no longer visible to others.
Deactivating Kik account directly from the app is not possible like other apps. But, it’s not impossible either. We can easily deactivate the account with the direct link. I will be showing you how.
1. Delete Kik Account From Phone
- Open Kik application and go to Setting by clicking on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Go to Your Account.
- Scroll down, and you will see an option Reset Kik. Click on that. Once you click on the reset button, you will be redirected to a page asking for your email ID.
- Enter the email address you used while creating the account. and press Enter.
- You will now receive an email from the Kik team along with a link regarding the deactivation process. Click on that.
- Now, enter your email address on the link provided and press GO.
- Or, you can directly go from this link ws.kik.com/deactivate.
- Clicking this link will directly lead you to the deactivation page. After clicking on the link, a new window will open up. All you have to do is to enter your email in the required field and hit Go. That’s it. You are done.
Your account will be deactivated. And your contact’s, chat history and all the data will be deleted permanently. Now, if you wish to login again, you can go through the same email address associated with the account and login with the same credentials.
If you have been using Kik from the PC, below guide will help you to delete the Kik account on the computer.
2. Delete Kik Account From PC
Deleting Kik account from PC is way too easy. You have to do nothing but just a click, wondering how? Read the below guide.
- To delete the account on PC click on ws.kik.com/deactivate.
- You will see a new page open up. See the image below:
- Enter your email address in the given field. And hit Go! That is it. A confirmation mail will be sent to your email account. Go to that.
- After logging to the email account, you will see a mail from Kik team for deactivating your account. Go through that and you will be provided a link (Screenshot is given below), Click on that link.
After clicking on the link I’ve marked, you will be redirected to a page saying Account Deactivated. And you are DONE!
So this was a mini-guide on how to delete your Kik account. Hoping you enjoyed the article and have successfully met with the solution of query how to delete your Kik.
Caution: Before deleting the account, always remember once you click on the Reset Kik option I mentioned above, you will be no longer to access your old data, contacts, chat and all the file or photos you shared on Kik.
So, before heading to delete Kik account, make sure if you want to go further or not. One more thing, deactivating Kik account not always assure to delete all the history.
So, after deactivating make sure you have deleted the history. Luckily, you can do that manually from the app itself.
If you found this article helpful, do share it across all your social media sites and if you’d like to ask me any tech related queries then leave them in the comment box below! For more such interesting articles on Kik click on this link!